You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: A Shadow Cat Is Seen

Real Ghost Stories

A Shadow Cat Is Seen

 

I have read many posts regarding people experiencing the unexplained with Animal forms and I am sharing this because I have experienced something of that same nature. It was around 12:00-12:30 in the morning about 2 years ago.

I was sitting on my front porch relaxing gazing at the moon when I saw what appeared to be a black cat walk in the grass across from my apartment. It seemed to stroll around some trash-cans and when it started to cross the street and head towards me, The light from the lamp-post hit it and that is when I realized that it was actually just a shadow, in-which then disappeared into thin air. Yes, It literally appeared to evaporate. I have no idea what it was, but I was scared that it would creep upstairs to were I was sitting. If that were to happen, I would more then likely die from fright! I sat up, entered my apartment and locked my front door.

I then related what I have seen to my Husband. He quickly brushed it aside with the comment "it was the light playing tricks with your eyes". I have experienced many paranormal events, but that was the first time it was in an animal form. I have not seen it again and I am not looking forward to that either.

Would anyone have an accurate explanation to what I actually seen? Someone made a comment that since I reside between two waters, that can sometimes generate spirit activities. If I had a scale marking 1 through 10 regarding how many times I have experienced unexplained events, I would rate it a 6.

I have told my story to a few of my neighbors, assuming that maybe, they too have seen it, however, none has yet confessed as much.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, InsidiousFaery, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

daisy12 (10 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-04)
It was ghost of cat that you had seen. The cat may have died due to accident.
crecentblue03 (151 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-31)
I think it was a spirit cat that was doing what came natural to it when it was alive prowling. Maybe it didn't know it was dead. That IS very interesting
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-26)
Well it could have been a lot of things. Assuming that the conditions were such that you feel quite confident that it was not a trick of your eyes, the most obvious possibility in my mind is that it was the spirit of a cat that had died. There has been a belief that "magical" people, known by different names by different cultures, could transform into certain animals including cats. I don't believe that is physically possible, but I have considered the possibility that people can project such animals, another belief found in folklore & one I have considered in connection with a story I posted here called Protective Spirit. Another thing to consider is the "spirit guide" which is thought to come to people in various animal forms. I do not think what you saw was threatening. So though it may have totally freaked you out, I don't think you need to be afraid.
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-26)
The problem with 'residing between two waters' is that technically can be read as anywhere in the world.

So long as you're not harmed, what's the problem? If it happens again you've got a chance to identify what the conditions are that makes it occur.
anneke8 (10 stories) (274 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-26)
Hi, from when I was very little I saw a black cat that appeared out of nowhere and then disappeared into thin air. He would always walk past me, I would always see his body from the side, his tail in the air. I realised pretty quick that I mostly saw the cat before someone I know is going to die.
I haven't seen him for a few years now, but then, no one died... I never was much scared of him, but I am glad I don't see him anymore.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: