You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: While They Were Gone

Real Ghost Stories

While They Were Gone

 

This was my first possible encounter with the paranormal, happening when I was still in elementary school. The house to the right of mine had been vacant for some months after its owners left. This had been the second time that my neighbors move out during the time I've lived next to that house. Eventually, a young couple with three kids moved into the empty house. They were two girls and a boy. The oldest was eight and her younger sister was only seven. The boy hadn't started school, and was about three. I began to become friends with the oldest girl, who was two grades younger than me.

Whenever I came over to her house, I felt uncomfortable. I was even more scared when I was alone in a room of the house, and the handle refused to open. Then, there were the times when I could swear I saw a small shadow running down the hall. As weeks passed on, my parents and the neighbor's parents began to tell scary stories of a little girl running around my front yard, my neighbor's front yard, and around their backyard.

We were scared, of course, but eventually disregarded these attempts to scare us. This time, while I was in 5th grade, I was walking back home from my neighbor's house late at night. I walked in the driveway of my house between my parents' two cars towards my front door. I suddenly heard a soft whisper, as that of a little girl, coming from beneath one of the cars. Jumping out of my skin, I raced on to my house.

After about a year later, when I began middle school, my neighbors were away at a relative's house. It was late at night, and my little sister and I were waitng for our neighbors to arrive. We eventually gave up as the clock struck 11:00pm. I did my homework in the kitchen table, and a few minutes later, there was a knock on the door. My dad answered it and I came outside with him. There was a police, along with a man I recognized as my neighbor from across the street. The police woman asked if there was people at my neighbors' house at the time. I told my dad that we had been looking to see if they had come, but that they were still not home. Dad told this to the woman, who asked if the occupants of the house had children.

Before Dad replied, the neighbor who had come along with the police said that he had seen a little girl peeking through the white gate of my neighbor's house. He also said that the lights had been off all day, so he assumed that the children were left home alone. Dad said that confirmed that the couple had children, a boy and two girls, and revealed their ages. The neighbor then continued, saying that he went to go get the police and that they shined a powerful flashlight towards the gate, where the little girl still was. When they did this, the neighbor said that the girl had run and disappeared at the corner of the house.

Moments later, the girl peeked again, this time through the house's front door (it's glass). The man reported that the little girl had quickly gotten inside, seemingly without trouble, and without turning on the lights, which seemed unusual to him since most young girls disliked the dark. That was all.

The police woman asked us if we could contact our neighbors. Then, she excused herself and left with our neighbor. We failed to contact our neighbors even after leaving voice mail. Soon, as me and my sister looked throught the window, more police patrols began to appear. After that, I am not sure what happened, whether they investigated the house or not.

I will try to share all that happens regarding this possible ghost, and I apologize for the length of the story.

Other hauntings by D-Bautista

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, D-Bautista, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

D-Bautista (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-20)
I apologize for having taken so long in answering. I greatly appreciate your interest in this case, and I might just try to communicate with her... If I wasn't somewhat nervous and afraid of her. She has been very active lately, and I will share these new incidents (and another one happening before the events of this story) as soon as I can.
mysterPOO (63 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-28)
D-Bautista,
Thanks for posting an amazing story. I think the little ghost isn't harmful. Based on the story, I think her spirit is totally lost/trapped.Poor thing. Why don't you try speaking to her if you feel her presence with you... Maybe you can ask her in playful way like asking her name,where's she from or ask anything to know about her better. But be cautious at the same time. It will be the easiest way to solve your case! What do you think? LOOKING FORWARD FOR YOUR FEEDBACK!

TILL THEN,
MysterPOO...
😊 😁
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-28)
When I saw your name, the first thing that came to mind was the baseball player, Danny Bautista. But it's obvious you aren't him from your age. But your story is very interesting. I'd love to hear more information about this little girl, if you are able yo find any out.

Jav
D-Bautista (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-28)
I have done some research on the house, but have not found much, except for the usual things like its size and the year it was made (2001). Since the house is not very old, maybe it will be easier to find whether or not something happened regarding this ghost. Maybe, it can be possible to gather further information from the neighbors that have lived in the neighborhood longer than I have. We also know that nothing could have happened during the mid to late 2007's, the year in which I moved in.
anneke8 (10 stories) (274 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-27)
Your story is not long at all! Very intriguing! I would definitely like to learn more about this little girl spirit! What,how,when,why - can't you learn anything about the history of your nearby neighbourhood? Was there a girl killed in the past perhaps...
Argette (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-26)
Granny's theory is they way I was seeing it. Poor child, trapped between houses and worlds. It's so sad.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-26)
D-Bautista: I'm thinking it's possible that she haunts both places because she spent a lot of time in both, if that makes sense... Maybe your neighbor's house was her home, and a former resident of your home had been her babysitter, or a close friend... Just a theory, we'll probably never know for sure 😊
Petersspirit (4 stories) (144 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-26)
Hi D-Bautista,

This more or less reminds me of the girl ghost at my brothers house. As you described how you saw a shadow running through one of the halls I directly linked to the experiences which we have with this. A very interesting sharing indeed! I also wonder if the pulling of your hair would be her to?

Greetings;
Peter 😐
D-Bautista (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-26)
Thank you for your interest, and yes, the same neighbors live in that house. I believe that the girl roams both of our houses, but rarely comes to mine. I suppose this could be because I have dogs, and they usually announce me of her presence. I have had some experiences that could possibly be the work of the same ghost, such as misplacing or setting toys on their own and messing with the TV.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-01-26)
D-Batista: Thank you for answering my question about whether the neighbors knew what had happened (without even knowing I was going to ask it LOL! 😆) ...Does the same family still live in that house, or do you have new neighbors?...

Is it your opinion that the girl is in one of the homes or both?

Thank you for posting, very interesting! 😊
D-Bautista (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-26)
I remembered that the next day or the day after that, I talked to my neighbors' two daughters. They said that they had been told about what had happened, but didn't know as much as I. The youngest girl said that she had experienced an incident were an unseen force turned off her bedroom light while she was on her computer. I still live in the same house, but only see the occational shadows, cases of missing items, or get my hair pulled slightly from time to time.
shubham1120 (41 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-26)
I think that the girl died accidentally and is unable to cross over or dosen't know that this world is no more her's. What about looking at the history of house if you are interested? May God bless her. Take care
Davidpsalm234 (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-26)
No, the length of the story is of your style of description. Truly nice story but what happened to your neighbor? Were they home safely? Did they experience seeing the sight of the little girl?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: