You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ghost Hunting :: Tales From The Motor City 2

Real Ghost Stories

Tales From The Motor City 2

 

In the fall of 2007 I decided that I'd done enough research into the paranormal and it was time I got out into the feild to do some serious work. I had done some looking around and I had gotten in touch with a local paranormal group that was kind enough to take the time to give me a "trial run" of sorts. We met up at a restaurant and had discussed the finer points of what the nights festivities were going to be: the investigation of a local cemetery that was reported to be extremly active.

The place had an intresting history, supposedly it was the resting place of a witch that had been hung sometime around 1870 (no doubt by angry townsfolk with pitch forks and torch's) and the entire family that owned the land was buried there as well.

At this point I had already read enough and experimented with trying to record EVP's with little to no success and I also had a digital camcorder that I had played around with a little bit.

It was after dark when we finaly found the old cemetery. We all stayed pretty close togher and decided it was time to leave when (And I swear against all that I hold dear that this is true) we found a Pro life truck with pictures of abborted human fetuses on the side, "Truth Truck USA" was what it was called. We all stood around it wondering 1. What is a truck like this doing parked in the back of a cemetery and 2. Go figure... Go out looking for ghost's and find this thing. Well about the time we started walking away from the truck we saw a man wearing dark blue mechanic's coveralls walking to the truck and getting in it (the truck had a camper in the back of it).

Well after the "too close for comfort run in with the Micheal Myers look alike" we left and all met back up in the parking lot of the restaurant we'd met at earlier. We said our goodbyes and called it a night.

We were out there about 2 hours or so and I had about 90 mintues of video to go through and about 30 mintues of audio recordings to listen to the next day. I never got anything on the EVP but the video was intresting.

About 20 mintues or so in I was holding my camera and I had 2 people walking in front of me, they were about 15 feet ahead of me. In the bottom left hand corner of the screen you could see the outline of a shadow run out from behind a headstone. It ran up behind the person that was in front of me and then vanished. This shadow object couldn't have been but 2 maybe 2 1/2 feet tall and for some reason I always thought it was the image little girl.

I never went back to that place and since that time I've lost contact with those people.

I think I may have actually got something on camera. I can't be to sure about it. But I can tell you this... Everyone I've ever shown that video to see's the shadow run out from behind the headstone and everyone that's seen it gets just a little bit creeped out by it.

Other hauntings by walksthroughshadows

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, walksthroughshadows, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

UntilDark (1 stories) (24 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-29)
I would definitely like to see the video. Your story sounds interesting.
mysterPOO (63 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-28)
Nice story walksthroughshadows. Hope you could post the video soon as I'm willing to see the mysterious images that you have recorded. Till Then,

MysterPOO... 😨 😊
walksthroughshadows (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-27)
I was off my story telling game when I wrote this. I failed to mention that when we saw the truck it was around 2300 hrs, well past cemetery hours and it did in fact look like the guy was camping out there. I'm also well aware that I was trespassing which was another reason why we decided to leave. This particular cemetery is popular among local paranormal groups and the local police drive through there a few times a night making sure there isn't anyone back there.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-27)
I vote the Truth Trucks driver was visiting a relatives grave site that just happened to be in that cemetery.

I do hope the video card can be located, that would be something to see...

Respectfully,

Rook
walksthroughshadows (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-26)
There is a search effort being conducted to find the video, its on one of those old memory cards and I have a box with a few of them in it somewhere. As for the story about the witch I took it lightly. Hence the remark about the angry mob, and as far as I know there's no real history of a witch being tried by any court in Michigan.
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-01-26)
Anytime you hear that a condemned witch is buried in a cemetery you can be assured the tale is untrue. A person put to death for the crime of witchcraft, whether tried by a law court or ecclesiastical court, or even an angry mob (which by the way the state would not allow to go unpunished) could not be buried in a cemetery. Simply put, they were not allowed to be laid on hallowed ground & back then all cemeteries were considered hallowed ground. As for the so called truth truck, those people think rules don't apply to them so I am not surprised they would use a cemetery as their personal camp ground. The video sounds interesting, can you post it?
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-01-26)
What is a 'truth truck' doing out there in the middle of a cemetary?

Quite obvious: Necrophilia. They're obsessed with dead bodies.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: