You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Things On The Stairs

Real Ghost Stories

Things On The Stairs

 

My aunt got a new house about a month or so ago, and I went to spend the night. She has three kids, all of which I am very close with. Well, I was passing the stairway to the kitchen (That's the layout of the house, they made the stairway like part of the wall to the kitchen), and as I pass by I think I see her middle oldest. So, me being me, I decided to say something smart to him, but as I am about to say it, I look on fully at the stairway, and there is no one there.

I now know that there was no way he could have been there, but moved, because after that, I continued on my way to the kitchen to find him and her youngest in the kitchen. I thought to shake it off as her oldest, but he hadn't yet woken up, and you would have been able tell if it was him because he has sort of an afro kind of hairystyle. We were the only three things in the house at the time, and it scared the crap out of me.

Later that day, I was going up the stairs, and I thought that one of them was following me up the stairway, I could hear someone coming up the stairs, and I turn, and nobody is there. I have only been one other time, and nothing happened, and I know I'm not seeing things, and it wasn't a lack of sleep. Her house just has that feel to it, like you expect something to jump out at you or when you turn the corner to see someting staring back at you. I don't know what it could have been, but I would like to know, and when it felt like someone was going up the stairs, it couldn't have been the stairs settling, I know what that sounds like, it sounded like the thump of someone going up the carpeted stairs, and the reason I tell you that they're carpeted is because the sound of someone going up them have a very distinct thump.

As I write this I remember something else that happened. I was sitting on the bottom of the stairs, and I hear growling, like a very low, but very clear growling noise. It wasn't anything that was going on at the top or bottom of the stairs, nobody was playing any video games, or anything like that. I know this because the oldest is the one who plays video games, and they don't have dogs inside, and nothing was going on downstairs, and I know what tv they were watching downstairs, and it didn't have growling, and I know what that sounds like, and it sounded like it was right in my ear, and I bolted into the living room.

Nothing else has happened, but I'm a little hesitant to go back there again.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, hanna1460105, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

HauntedTomboy (17 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-28)
Poltergiest mabey? 😕 Its kind of hard to tell cause poltergiest don't like to be seen.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-28)
Well Hanna, I agree with Nysa. But keep querying to your relatives out there whether they heard or felt anything about this. I have some experiences like this, which I am writing, at present, to post as a story. But the growling seems something different. In any event, I think what you have experienced was a paranormal experience and thank you for sharing. As I said keep researching on this issue and post us any new developments.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-28)
hanna1460105,
I'd say Nysa said it best. I would consider much of what you have experienced to be mostly residual type phenomenon.

Jav
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-27)
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-27)
Stairs & hallways do seem to be active places! Has any member of the family heard or seen anything? It would be unusual if the person visiting a few times had 3 experiences & the people who are there all the time have had none. But maybe you noticed things out of place because people tend to be more aware in unfamiliar settings. Perhaps the spirit of a dog resides there, or a person & the growl like sound was a gravely moan. Or maybe it is a residual haunting of an event that included a person & an animal. Maybe you will get more data to go off of if you tell your cousins to keep an eye out.
Oracion (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-27)
I would try and find out about the walls and matirals holding the stairs there also check the walls because sometimes certain minerals can hold a pcychic imprint and under certain conditions replay it back to you.

But you should'nt worry it can't hurt anyone its like a 3d movie, there but not there.
rath9375 (1 stories) (52 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-27)
From my experience stairways hold a ton of residual energy. Usually nothing to be afraid of. I have no idea what the growl could have been but growls are usually associated with evil beings. I wouldn't worry too much about it usless something else happens.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: