You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Encounter of the Floured Kind

Real Ghost Stories

Encounter of the Floured Kind

 

When I was fifteen years old, my parents and I moved into a house near my high school in an older neighborhood. A few months after moving in, my parents went out of town and left me home with my friend Tori. Tori and I were watching t.v. In the main living room which is open to the kitchen. Suddenly, we heard WHAP! WHAP! WHAP! WHAP! From the kitchen in all directions. We got up and peered through the large opening from the living room to the kitchen. The first thing we noticed was that a bag of flour tortillas was lying on the ground. As we moved further in, we saw that the white bread and home-made biscuits were also on the ground and on the other side of the kitchen island was a box of crackers. It was as if someone had thrown all of the flour products on the flour in rapid succession. Nothing else on the counters was disturbed or even out of place.

Another incident in the same house was when my mom and I were alone one night. I was in my room reading a book for school and my mom was in the shower with the door locked. Suddenly, I hear my mom fly out of the bathroom in a panic yelling "Rachel WHAT'S WRONG". I looked up and she's standing in my bedroom doorway with a wild look in her eyes. She then told me that she was just getting out of the shower when she heard a voice screaming "MOOOOOOOM!" At the top of its lungs. She admits it didn't really sound like me but that we were the only ones home.

A month after that, I was walking by my dad's study when I saw a man in a white t-shirt, jeans, and work boots as clear as day out of the corner of my eye. However, I was in such a hurry that by the time I realized what I saw and stopped my stride, I had already passed the doorway. When I went back there was no one there. This was no surprise because I was the only one home. Or at least I thought I was.

What or who are these things and what can be done about them?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Rachel, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

AuroraRosa (2 stories) (55 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-02)
I have had things like that happen at my house, but I don't have any advice for you. Sorry!
kokumi (13 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-08)
Hi Rachel,

That's a handful of experiences. Have anthing else happened afterwards?
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-08)
Dear Rachel,

It sounds like your typical earthbound dead human who is now a ghost. Your additional living energy may have added to the poltergeist like experience and activity. Seems the poltergeist or entity might be allergic to gluten.

Please refer to articles, comments and others' thoughts here on this site and related sister sites. As always, be responsible, use your common sense, and do your own homework and research based on your own belief system and comfort level or zone.--Abby
Marg (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-07)
Hello,Rachel
That would be scarey hearing a voice screaming out loud and sounding unfamilier.It's also strange with the flour products being thrown on the floor in the kitchen. There has to be a reason for why it's happening. 🤔
Mikecabre (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-07)
Hi Rachel, You've experienced a poltergeist, huh? I wonder what it is about unseen spirits that they are sometimes mischevious and want to freak us out?
fizzylizzie (2 stories) (67 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-06)
Wow the part about the flour products is really interesting!
I wonder what is causing it and why

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: