You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Strange Experiences In The House

Real Ghost Stories

Strange Experiences In The House

 

I've been a reader here in this website for a year or two because I love ghost stories but it doesn't mean that I believe in ghosts of any kind. I just find it entertaining to read. This is my first time to post here because I badly need an answer. I don't know if this is paranormal I'm experiencing lately. So here it goes.

We've been living in this house since 1998 and its really nice because we live here comfortably, we never feel or experience anything. In early 2006 we moved out and rent a house near our house where we used to live to remodel our house. Then moved back to our original house in June 2009.

1st strange experience: Last week. Can't recall the exact date and time.

I guess it was almost 10:30 - 11:00 PM, they were all asleep except me, I was about to go to my bed, ready to sleep, as I close my eyes, someone knocked on my door like *tok tok tok*. Of course I was startled by it because no one knocks at my door even my family doesn't knock on my door when they want to go in, so I automatically opened my eyes, waiting for the door to open but to my surprise, no one opened the door.

2nd strange experience: Last night. January 25, 2012. 5-6 PM. Not sure of time.

I was alone in my room reading some articles in the internet while listening to iTunes in my laptop with earphones on, then I heard another music so I unplugged the earphones in my ears and I was surprised because the iPod opened and playing songs by itself! Mind you that the iPod was on the top of the TV 60 inches away from my bed. So I called my sister, "Why did you leave the iPod on?", I asked. "I didn't even touch the iPod." She replied. I shrugged it off on 1st and 2nd weird experiences because I'm really skeptic about ghosts.

3rd strange experience: Same date. 10:30PM onwards.

My sister wanted to switch on the air conditioner because she felt hot, but I didn't feel hot at all so I told her to switch it on but Mom scolded us because were consuming electricity and my Mom stayed for a few minutes in our room (she must have felt hot too lol). My mom sits on the sofa in my room then I told her to switch off the light because my sister and I couldn't sleep with the lights on. But Mom refused to because she's afraid of the dark. So I forced myself to sleep. I looked into the time in my phone - 10:30 PM. I fall asleep. I dreamed I am seeing myself just before I sleep! That's weird right? I believe it was a dream because I woke up and can't see anything then I realized it was a pitch black. No lights on. Then I heard someone turned off the air conditioner. So I pretended to be asleep because Mom will scold me again for being awake. So I waited for her like 5 minutes to go outside. But I got bored and hungry so I looked at the time again in my phone and it was already 12:30 AM so I stood up and walked towards the switch. After I switched on the light I turned my head down because I knew that the light blinks before it goes on. But I found no one turned off the air conditioner. I couldn't get back to sleep so I just ate instant noodles and drank milk tea because I was starving, I forgot to eat my dinner. Watch TV. At exactly 5 AM my Mom always go inside our room waking up my sister for her school so I asked her, "Mom, did you turned off the air conditioner and the light?" but she looked puzzled at me. "I went to my room at 11. And why would I turn off the light?". But I doubt if its my sister because once she gets asleep, she never wakes up at midnight unless you wake her up.

My questions:

- What the hell?!

- Could it be possibly that the ghost next to our house moved into ours? I know this is funny but I really can't say since I don't know anything about paranormal. And because my friend who used to live next to our house told me that she see 'others' in their house when she's alone.

- I really don't believe it but its getting weird. Can someone explain this to me that this isn't related to anything paranormal?

I don't expect nor force you to believe me but I'm telling the truth. My experiences.

Other hauntings by Mhannerism

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Mhannerism, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

majarlika012 (12 stories) (122 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-10-24)
Hey, I just read your post. Hmmm, are you aware that AC units have this built in program turning off by itself when they reached a certain temperature? That is why it turned off even if no actually turned it off:) Maybe it already reached the set point (best temperature) for a period of time so to avoid malfunctions on the unit, the unit turned itself off:)
Mhannerism (2 stories) (82 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-26)
at Miracles51031:

I've been writing a journal since 2008 but its all about my everyday life like my boyfriend and I just broke up. *lol*
I haven't been writing THAT much since I started college due to my hectic schedule. Nothing strange happenings after that because most of the time I'm on out of town hospital duty.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-02-01)
Mhannerism - I just realized I didn't exactly answer your question about what the journal is. In a way it is like a diary. I keep record of events that, to me, seem to be paranormal in nature.

I list them according to date and will include the time, or as close as I can get. Sometimes I will include weather conditions, phases of the moon, etc. If the situation warrants it, I'll even include the "temperament" of my household. What I mean by that is if there is any tension in the house because that can stir up or cause an increase in activity.

Listing events according to date helps establish a pattern, which will help you determine whether or not this actually is paranormal. It also will help with the intelligent or residual haunting question.

I also use my Journal to help figure out that things I might think are ghostly related aren't actually ghostly at all. And I do make a notation in my Journal when I find out that it is just the cat "knocking" on the door or something like that. I never delete anything from my Journal. I just update it.

Hope this helped a little.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-02-01)
Mhannerism - "Miracles" Journal is a name that has been given to advice I have been known to give upon occassion 😉.

I've been keeping my Journal since 2002 and it seriously has helped me keep my sanity where ghosts are concerned. It also has helped me eliminate normal household noises from "other" unexplainable noises.

I'm working with a migraine right now, so I'm not expressing myself as well as I'd like. Hopefully one of my friends will come along a bail me out if you don't understand what I'm trying to say.
Mhannerism (2 stories) (82 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-01)
Sorry I've been busy these past few days at school.

Zzsranny: Yeah I really find it weird saying I do not believe in ghosts but here I am posting a story 😁
"Miracles" journal? You mean like diary or something? Anyway thanks for your comment.:D

Nysa: I don't know what to say about the iPod because that was the first time it acted weird. But I just shrugged it off because its no big deal. I'm just kind of scared sometimes when I'm listening to iPod, I imagine things like the song going to stop from playing then someone's going to scream through earphone lmao weird:D That's why I'm here needing an scientific/logical explanation about my story.:D anyway thanks for the comment!:)

Anneke8: I remember Mom was telling me she hears knocks on her window every 4-5AM at our 1st rented house. We rented a house thrice. Mind you that the house beside ours was abandoned because it got burnt years ago before we move there and our landlady told my Mom that someone committed suicide in our house we rented. I don't know what aura is but I feel scared of that house whenever I'm alone I don't know why. The 2nd and 3rd house seemed fine to me. About provoking a spirit, I really don't know. I didn't do anything in house. Thanks for the comment!:)

Teneki: Is that so? Damn I feel bad for the cats. I love cats! But I hope the ghost beside ours won't move here lol 😁 thanks for your comment!:)

Casper_the_ghost: I can't say that because when I accused her that she turned off the light and the air conditioner she got mad at me. Lol 😆 thanks for reading my post!

Mystique3: I hope so, but still I'm not convinced with the third one. Thanks for your comment!

Thank you all for reading my story! I'm kind of relieved now.:)
mystique3 (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-01)
Nah I think you were influenced by reading too many ghost stories. They don't seem to be paranormal... All your encounters have a logical explaination nothing out of the norm.
Casper_the_ghost (9 stories) (180 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-31)
Great story, though I would prefer to think your sister did turn off the light during the night maybe while you were asleep as it's hard for you both to sleep-maybe your sis was awake while you weren't. I enjoyed reading it all the same. ❤
teneki (10 stories) (140 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-31)
I know that ghosts can influence the next house over sometimes. My friend had that issue, he'd get some rather random ghosts in his house along with two ghost cats. Most of the occurrences have stopped since the house next door was torn down by the city for being far out of repairs. Now, the only ones he really gets are sightings of the cats.
anneke8 (10 stories) (274 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-30)
Hi there. Why is your mother scared of the dark? So much that she doesn't even turn off your lights when she goes out of your room? Is there something that she's not telling you? Perhaps saw or heard something herself?
Ask your friend if she can 'see' anything in your house, or someone else you know. And you did nothing that could have provoked a spirit perhaps? Must make sure...
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-29)
I don't think you have any paranormal activity going on. There are a lot of things that can sound like a knock on your door, I-pods (& electronics in general) act funny pretty regularly a small glitch can make it switch on itself & the 3rd experience is just a case of not knowing who switched things off. We give such things significance when we notice them happening in a short time period. The knocking sound probably got you thinking about the possibility of a ghost which made the other things seem more than a bit odd.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+2
12 years ago (2012-01-29)
Mhannerism: Not poking fun at you or anything, but it just cracks me up when someone says they don't believe in ghosts, then posts a story on website like this 😆...It's absolutely fine to be skeptical and still admit you believe, in fact, it's preferable...

The experiences you've recounted here may all have explanations... One suggestion I will make is that you keep a " Miracles" journal (Miracles always gives this advice <3) of all the odd stuff, and what you did to try to debunk occurances... You will definately find the answers to your questions after a month or so...

Thank you for posting 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: