You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Woman In The Chair

Real Ghost Stories

The Woman In The Chair

 

This happened just last night. I had a sleepover with my cousins. Their house is REALLY old. It will be 100 years old in May. My auntie is thinking about having a birthday party for the house. We went to bed last night feeling a bit uneasy. You see, considering that the house is 100 years old you can imagine it might be haunted. It always feels like there is someone watching you. I don't really mind it. But last night I did.

We began to go to sleep that night when I started to feel a bit weird. All of a sudden I saw this woman. She was staring right at me. She wasn't even blinking. She just stared. Umm hi... I started to say. You must be Betty. I woke my cousin up by talking to this supernatural figure. Who are you talking to? He said. I shot a quivering finger at the woman. Umm... What... He said. The lady was still there clear as crystal. He went back to sleep next to me.

I needed to go to the toilet so I hopped out of bed. When I came back she was just gone. And where she was I found my iPod. I had been looking for it for months. MONTHS I tell you. I turned it on. I tried to enter the past code. The stupid ghost had changed it!

What is really suspicious though is that my cousin did not see the ghost. And he lives there. Before this experience I have never had ANYTHING to do with ghosts! I didn't even really know if I believed in them or not. But I have completely changed my mind now that I have seen this ghost.

All my cousins have had their own experiences. Even my mum has. It just goes to show that ghosts don't have to have a purpose for their actions.

Other hauntings by creepydog

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, creepydog, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

creepydog (3 stories) (71 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-01)
It actually didn't bother me that much. I knew that my aunties house is haunted, I just needed to see for myself. And I did so whatever! Thanks again for the comments! 😆 😆 ❤
creepydog (3 stories) (71 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-01)
thanks for the comments and I do react calmly to most paranormal phenomenon. I did take a bathroom break right in the middle! Thanks for the comment rosieboo. ❤
rosieboo (1 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-31)
some parts it unbelivable, like when you casualy went to the toilet when the ghost was still there, evenso it made my hair stand on end:)
rath9375 (1 stories) (52 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-30)
You reacted much calmer than most would while seeing a ghost for the first time. Most people would have freaked out.
anneke8 (10 stories) (274 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-30)
Do you realy think SHE stole your IPOD, it wasn't perhaps one of your cousins (you said cousins in your story, not 'cousin'.)? And she just returned it to you? I don't think she would have changed your password dude. It must have been someone else.
creepydog (3 stories) (71 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-30)
And my cousin is the BEST cousin he would NEVER do that! 😆 😆 😆 I love my cousin actually
creepydog (3 stories) (71 posts)
-3
12 years ago (2012-01-30)
It was not in my room! It was in the lounge room. We slept in there! 😆 😆 And I am pretty fearless but that was just a random line to make the story a bit more descriptive. ❤
Argette (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-29)
Dude! You're fearless! Awesome, man!

Please share more tales of fearlessness.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-29)
creepydog,
Yep, oh you are the fearless one aren't you? As evidenced by the following statement. And I quote"
"I shot a quivering finger at the woman"
Whatever dude!
And did it ever occur to you that maybe your cousin took your ipod? It makes sense since you found it at his house, in his room, by his bed.
But far be it from me to call you on this one, as I'm sure there's got to be a logical explanation why you called this, whatever you saw, Betty.
I have a hard time reconciling what you say with...well, what you say. So for now I'll just stand in line behind Pjod.

Jav 🤔
creepydog (3 stories) (71 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-01-29)
The posts were comments not stories dude! I did take a toilet break actually I went past the figure and went to the toilet. And when I came back It was just GONE! People think I am very weird because I don't get scared.
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-01-29)
yeah.
After scanning over the 25 posts that aired before this story-- I was expecting this masterpiece. Your fearlessness- when facing the paranormal- is extraordinary. Not since the last episode of Paranormal State, have I seen such "second thought" while dealing with the unknown. Did you really take a bathroom break in the middle of the whole thing?
creepydog (3 stories) (71 posts)
-2
12 years ago (2012-01-29)
This is my first story published. I hope you enjoy it and criticise my story nicely. ❤ 😆 ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: