You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: A Demonic Figure?

Real Ghost Stories

A Demonic Figure?

 

This story goes back many years! I was probably 5 at the time and I am 25 now... 20 years ago, Eeeek! Anyway, this story is about me seeing something that looked like a dog standing up.

The day was normal, from what I can remember. I had been into town with my father, buying some shopping, I think. Eventually, when we got home I went to my room to play with my toys. I was upstairs for maybe 20 minutes and I come back down for a sandwich. I remember my dad had made me a Tuna and sweetcorn sandwich...DELICIOUS! Anyway, I remember sitting on the couch, watching some TV. I then remember looking at the living room door, then the door opened. Now, this is going to sound very silly but what I saw was very real.

As the door opened, I saw a man/dog standing in the doorway. Now, this ghostly apparition didn't move, it had its head held high but was looking at me. Hard to explain, sort of using its peripheral vision. It had old raggedy clothes covering its body and was very hairy. I also remember the beasts mouth, full of sharp teeth.

Now, I know that this experience happened 20 years ago but, I still remember the fear that I felt. See, the way this ghost/demon was looking at me, it come across as hate. What I mean by that is, even though it looked like it really really didn't like me, I also sensed that this being really hated me. I still remember my stomach drop when this horrible hairy beast stood there. The funny thing was, as quick as it started, it was finished. This incident lasted about 30 seconds and it was over, but long enough to get an eye full.

In the past, when I've heard things, maybe a voice or something move, I never know if this animal/man/demon is doing it? I've heard deep distorted voices in the past too, maybe it could be this dog man? Hmmm, who knows? Anyway, I hope you like my story:) I'll be posting more soon.

Other hauntings by MattyDude2009

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MattyDude2009, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

MattyDude2009 (6 stories) (19 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-25)
[at] TheLurkingUnknown do me a favour and don't leave comments regarding my ability to tell a story. You've posted 19 comments and one story...,Erm, your opinion is irrelevant. Okay...BYE!
GhostGirl33 (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-01)
Sounds like you have seen The Black Dog. Wikipedia it. It's originated in the British Isles.It's of course associated the Devil and death. They appear at crossroads and places once associated with excecution.
TheLurkingUnknown (1 stories) (19 posts)
-2
12 years ago (2012-04-03)
no offence but that is pathetic where is your sense of telling stories.
Flowerz (1 posts)
-2
12 years ago (2012-02-04)
They say that the devil can turn into anything he wants to. So maybe this was him?
bluefoxx01 (81 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-02-04)
I hope you gave the dog man half of your sandwich and scratched behind his ears, you were so lucky to encounter this creature. I am so envious of your abilities to see these beings.
Precaya (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-03)
Wow sounds horrifying, I have had encounters myself but never with anything like that, id like to help you figure out what it was but to be honest I can't think of what it could be, the only thing that springs to mind is what princessloutus said a lycan of some kind. I'm not claming to be an expert but I have studied creatures and mythology quite a lot so if you do remember anymore details I may be able to help you figure out what it was.

Oh and I get what you mean selective memory I'm told I have got it to its a curse my friend 😉
JBarum (28 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-03)
I know what you mean, Matt. Certain things stick with me, yet I can't remember what I just did this morning. Terrifying experiences in particular are engrained into my brain. I wish I could forgot them and even looking back they feel as if they weren't real... But I know they were and a lot of instances, there were people besides me that also experienced what I did.
MattyDude2009 (6 stories) (19 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-03)
Hmmm, you have a good point there Nysa 😁 if I'm honest, I think about it a lot. I even remember what toy I was playing with. I had an action man, what a dude he was! I guess at that time, I was just really aware of what was going on. It's funny though because, if someone asks me to do the dishes, I forget! Hmmmm, I've been told I've got selective memory! 😜
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-02)
Have you read this story? Http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=14167

The description is quite similar & remarkably the poster saw it around the same age that you were when you had this experience. It sounds like something I half remember from reading Jung, so I have a strong feeling that there is something archetypal about these experiences.

I have a question. You remember a lot of details of the day for having been 5 years old. Is that because you discussed the details of the day regularly over the years with someone, or frequently relive the day in your dreams? There must be some reason you can remember details not directly connected with the event from such a young age.
teneki (10 stories) (140 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-02)
Tuna is good, along with sandwiches, I also like casserole.
MattyDude2009 (6 stories) (19 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-02)
I sure did JBarum 😁 and it was sooooo delicious! I've always been a fan of Tuna, especially Tuna sandwiches 😆
JBarum (28 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-02)
XO XO XO XO XO Did you get to finish the sandwhich? XO XO XO XO XO XO XO
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-01)
Right? Sometimes now things trigger things from my past & I remember crazy things that I've seen or felt when I was a kid. But its always difficult to remember what all was going on at the time I experienced the scary stuff. So I understand. Thanx for sharing ^__^

~LSD~
MattyDude2009 (6 stories) (19 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-01)
Hey princesslotus! In all honesty, I can't remember. I was probably watching TV but I don't know what I was watching. Oh, I understand you asking questions, some things can be resolved with a simple explanation but, I really couldn't explain what happened or what it was. Really strange, we live in one dimension and they live in another 😐
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-01)
So, like a Lycan of sorts, or no? Was it a solid figure? What were you watching on t.v.? I ask only because you know how a childs mind can be. But in no way am I discrediting your story. I just want to know more. Thanx.

~LSD~

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: