You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Bright White Butterfly

Real Ghost Stories

Bright White Butterfly

 

If you read my last entry you will know that I was visited by my Grandparents, I wasn't sure whether to tell my Dad in case it would upset him, but after what my sister encountered we decided to.

My sister woke up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom, in doing so you had to walk past the spare room. As she walked past the door she spotted something out of the corner of her eye, the spare room was lit with the most beautiful light. When her eyes adjusted she saw my Gran cradling a new born baby, she was bemused by this and carried on to the bathroom and went straight to bed after. She had passed it on as a dream until she found out she was pregnant a few weeks later, that's when she told me about Gran holding a baby.

One day, when my sister was almost due we decided to go for a walk along the beach cliffs. As we walked we took a path that we hadn't been down before, it was leading us down to the beach, the more it got steep the more we started to panic, my sister wasn't too stable on her feet even before she was pregnant. That's when we noticed a beautiful butterfly hovering over us; it was dancing about as to say follow me. We were almost at the bottom of the path so we carried on walking and watching the butterfly which seemed to fly ahead a little then come back to make sure we were okay. Needless to say, we managed to get back to the car with no problem. We like to think that it was our Gran making sure we were safe.

Hope you like my experiences. I don't believe that all spiritual experiences are bad and scary, but just your relatives coming back and checking in on you. I have so many more to tell, all of which have been good experiences for me. Though as I said in my last entry I don't know if I am being naive.

Other hauntings by tillyanna

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, tillyanna, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

snowhite (203 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-03)
I am not trying to be a hard person. I saw ghost before. I was shocked at first since I didn't know why there was an old lady in front of my face all of a sudden and disappeared in a fraction of a second. I am the kind of person who believe seeing is believing. Don't mean to hurt your feeling.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-02)
I love the simplicity and beauty of your account here tillyanna! 😊 If you honestly believe in your heart this what happened, then that's all that matters. All the best to you.

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
tillyanna (2 stories) (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-02)
I feel blessed to have known my Grandparents, and love the thought that they are always around my family.
Thank you all for your comments, snowhite I respect your view but I do personaly believe it was my Gran/parents. I guess you had to be there to experience it, it may have changed your view. ❤
Casper_the_ghost (9 stories) (180 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-02-01)
Lovely story and I loved your previous one, your grandmother sounds very caring and real kind natured, always looking out for you and your sister before and after her passing. ❤
snowhite (203 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-02-01)
Regarding the butterfly, I think it is all on your mind. It has nothing to do with your grandma. Butterflies fly back and forth all the time. That is the way they are.
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-02-01)
Some cultures believe that the souls of the deceased return as butterflies. While some take that to be symbolic, believing that a butterfly coming to you is a sign that your loved one has moved on to a pleasant afterlife, others feel it is quite literally the soul of their loved one. That this butterfly seemed to reassure you that your sister could complete the path safely makes it a very special example of the belief.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: