You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: The Locket With The Girl In White

Real Ghost Stories

The Locket With The Girl In White

 

So today. At school. 1st period. My friend comes up to me. She seems sad. Her eyes seemed a little clouded, her skin was pale, and...glowing? I ask her if she's sick, but she storms out of the room, without even asking for a hall pass. I quickly ask for one and chase after her. She couldn't have gone too far.

But obviously she did. Down three hallways and five bathrooms, she is nowhere to be seen. Nor heard. I return to class. And there she is. Smiling, happy as ever, eyes bright as the sun, skin peachy with a slight tan. I tell myself it was just my imagination of what I had seen.

2nd period hits. I go to sit down, someone pulls my hair. Playfully, like a little child. I turn around. So far, I'm only one of the four people in class on time, and I'm by myself at a desk. I shrug it, imagination again.

4th period. Someone tugs my arm, and I turn around. In front on me, an outline of a man is holding my arm. My friend brings me back to real life. Yet again, I shrug it off as imagination.

6th period. I head for the bathroom. I see what seems like a child heading for a stall, but she vanishes in thin air. Now I believe I am seeing things.

Nope.

I walk home, something shiny reflects the sun. I pick it up. It's a locket. I open it.

One the left, a picture of a man. One eye is clouded, like he had an accident. A cigar is held between his teeth as he smiles a sinister smile. Clothes appear to be a little western... Not so sure.

To the right, a picture of a little girl. Appears to be six or seven, clothes, modern day dress. Something catches my eye. The dress...it's white. It can't be...

Hair, long, curly, blonde. Smile, so beautifully breath-taking,there's no other way to describe it other than sounded a tad weird.

Her eyes, the most sapphire blue, but, so sad that in a slight way, they look guilty. A bruise is on her left cheek.

I slam the locket shut and throw it on the ground and start to run. But I find myself running back to get it. I feel it in my hands. All silver and smooth. I turn it to the back. In cursive is engraved...Emily.

Emily. Emily. Emily.

It just can't be. It cannot be...the...the Man... The Girl in White! I run home with the locket.

At home, I throw my things on the couch, and run upstairs to my room. I set the locket gently on my dresser with the side Emily sticking up. I run to my bed and just lay there. Thinking about the day.

No imagining. No seeing things.

I shut my eyes. Try to think it all away. But I see something.

The girl from the locket, the supposed "Emily" is standing. Crying. A bruise on her left cheek. A few scars on her left arm. Her white dress comes to about her knees.

"Please," she says.

"I won't do it again." I find myself saying. Now... Now I'm the little girl.

The man comes up to me. "Emily...what am I going to do with you?" He blows cigar smoke in my face.

"Please," I whimper, and then he hits me on my left cheek. I scream, and he hits me again, and tells me to shut up.

"You know what this means,Emily!" he screams.

"Please!I won't do it again!" I yell. He picks me up. I am suddenly filled with a terror. A pain. I have never felt this before.

He takes me to the backyard. And he beats me, blowing cigar smoke in my face. I can't tell what's real and what's not.

I tell my mind to WAKE UP! But it refuses. I am trapped here.

Soon, I can't feel the pain anymore. I have no idea what I have done to deserve to be beaten.

A pool... It just pops out of no where, and he starts to dunk my head under.

My eyes snap open and I literally start bawling my eyes out.

Poor Emily! Whoever she was! Was beaten and drowned to death. I reach for the locket, but it's gone. I search my room. No where to be found.

Please, if anyone has ANY info at all as to what might have happened to me, or what the vision/dream might stand for, please do NOT hesitate to comment and question!

I feel somehow that Emily may be the Girl in White. And the Man is the guy that used to cause the scratches on my cheek when I was younger, and had beaten Emily.

Please please please comment and question! I need some serious help!

I have been to both the doctor and eye doctor and none say I have any medical conditions.

T.Suspense.

Other hauntings by PatientListener

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, PatientListener, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

kunwarkh (2 stories) (55 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-18)
Just wasted 2 minutes of my life readin this.
πŸ˜•
There is always reddit for this, is there not, then why post fictional accounts here.
ghostgirlforever (1 stories) (17 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-21)
this was scary poor emily have you had any recent encounters with this man or emily 😭 😒 πŸ˜•
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-02-13)
[at]Jav, You just had my husband & I in stitches! That was briliant! πŸ˜† Thank you, that made our day. ❀
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
12 years ago (2012-02-10)
πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† That's got'ta be the best one yet!...ZAP! LOL!...I seem to have a few "do not push" buttons... The worst is the when someone admits to writing fiction, gets kicked off and then comes back for more...Man, this one seemed to take a little too long though! LOL!

You really need to publish these...Jus' sayin'
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-02-10)
The Ballad of zzgranny

It was just a normal day at YGS
Every one of us getting along
When out of nowhere a spark goes up
And granny says "Now what's wrong?"

A newbie is throwing a hissy-fit
And flailing their arms in the air
Screaming how we are all full of it
Our comments they say are "not fair"

Then granny steps in and says with a grin,
"Now Taylor, you know the drill.
You cannot fool us, so knock off the fuss.
Your fiction is unwelcome still"

Then Taylor decided to push it
She didn't care who she annoyed
Then quick as a snap, came a loud thunderclap!
As granny sent her to the 'Void'

So do't mess with granny, you nasty old trolls.
Don't push her and don't make her mad.
We like when she's funny, her smile is sunny.
But cross her and brother, you're had!

Jav πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
SnoWQueeN (5 stories) (100 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-02-08)
[at] Javelina: lol! I recognized it a bit later that White girl is a badluck for her. I think she realised the character is a mess and stopped posting it again and I hope her to do so because I don't see she's fedup with granny's Whack-a-troll.

~Nikky
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-08)
[at] SnoWQueeN,
Oh holy crap! I almost peed my pants on that one! That's beautiful!
"Spare the White Girl"
I love it!
πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

Jav
SnoWQueeN (5 stories) (100 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-02-08)
Well blankie! T.Suspense what's your next story? If you are willing to post another please do change the character 'Girl in white' she is a badluck! You see she brings BS blankie to you...
Try again and spare the White Girl for good sake.

~Nikky
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-02-08)
[at] zzgranny,
Hey lady! When was the last time we all told you how much we all love and appreciate you? Because I have to say, no one can beat you at "Whack-a-Troll" now! Every time she lifts her deformed little head out of that stinky little hole in the sludge, you WHACK her back down! And what a delight to watch you in action! You've got a smokin' delete finger and the fastest Whackin'Club on the boards.
All hail the Queen!
Granny's whacked another troll down!

Jav πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
ngute80 (220 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-02-07)
I agree with troyarn. That's the same reason I rarely come here anymore. I love reading the stories and everyone on this site, but I'm sick of the fictional ones.

And why are the made up stories usually submitted by teenagers?
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-02-07)
TakingSuspense... TAKE THE HINT! Just saying is all Ahhh I miss the little things... πŸ˜†
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
12 years ago (2012-02-07)
MandyyNicole: *sigh*...When will they ever learn? πŸ˜†

Darn character limit LOL! πŸ˜†
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-02-07)
Taylor: That's what you said the last time...Please, there are a lot of sites that accept fictional stories... I suggest you try one of them...You're taking time and space away from those who really DO need help... Once Martin removes you this time, just do yourself a favor and stay away... 😐
MandyyNicole (7 stories) (183 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-02-07)
zzsgranny For The Win!
I always love when you shut 'em down and whip out the blankie (and always so politely)!
πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
TakingSuspense (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-07)
What are you talking about? I knew of this site before her stories were deleted but I never posted my stories because I didn't want people to think I was lying. But I see you think I am lying so I'll just go somewhere else for help since no one here is willing to.
I knew I should have never joined this website because I knew something like this was going to happen.
I'll just be going now.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+2
12 years ago (2012-02-07)
TakingSuspense/Twilightgrl: Sweety, newbies on the site really don't know anything about you, since your stories have been removed from the archive... Looks like Martin's going to be busy again! πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
TakingSuspense (guest)
-2
12 years ago (2012-02-07)
All of this is unnecessary and I would appreciate it if you stopped calling my story fake because I live my life and I know exactly what happened, and you don't,and it's not BS.
This isn't another "TwilightGirl" disaster where I'm just looking for attention. What happened to me is real... And you don't have to believe it but I would really appreciate it if you left me alone about it.
Not trying to sound mean just stating the facts.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-02-07)
Taking Suspense: I pointed all those things out in an effort to get you to stop the BS... And what happened?...You took Rook's suggestion and ran with it...

All: Please consider the Blankie thrown on this one πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
TakingSuspense (guest)
-1
12 years ago (2012-02-07)
rookdygin, I totally tried your recipe the other night and so far, nothing has happened, no dreams, no visions,
And I also guess it would have totally helped if I said the locket was part of the dream/vision! So sorry about that!
And granny, that makes sense thanks for pointing it out 😁
T.Suspense
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
12 years ago (2012-02-07)
TakingSuspense: To quote you, "I feel somehow that Emily may be the Girl in White. And the Man is the guy that used to cause the scratches on my cheek when I was younger, and had beaten Emily."...No where in that statement do I see doubt of any kind... At the time you wrote those words, you "felt" Emily was indeed the "Girl in White"...

This, from the poster supernaturalservices on you LAST story, dated 2/2: "If you get visions or waking nightmares or things start flying around the house I want you to pm me okay?"

This from the poster anneke8, in your story "The Smoking Mist" dated 1/31:, "you don't think that the girl has something to do with 'the man'? Why was he hitting and hurting you when you were a little kid? Perhaps he did the same to her when they were both alive...?
Perhaps when he hit her she told him please, she won't do it again"

Also from the same story, from the poster Buffymaate, dated 2/1: "by the end it sounds like she smoked once and got caught and was sorry but hey I wouldn't know.
And I've seen smoke before, it looks like cigarette smoke."

All of these elements that were mentioned in the comment section of your previous accounts, just happen to be in THIS one!...Things that make y'a go "hhmmmmm"...Makes me wonder what elements of BlueBakemono's comment will appear, coincidently, in your next installment πŸ€”
BlueTurtle (3 stories) (176 posts)
+4
12 years ago (2012-02-07)
I'm sorry, but I'm hesitant to offer any belief in stories that are written this way. If you are truly asking for help regarding a haunting, why would you write it this way? The first thing I thought was that your name was supposed to illustrate your writing style; short sentences and pauses during moments of realization, deliberately put down in text.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm leaning towards the possibility that this haunting is just an opportunity, if anything, to get some good fiction writing in and reel in the attention of those who truly believe in the paranormal.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+5
12 years ago (2012-02-07)
TakingSuspense,

I see you mention trying a recipe, It's my guess it's mine and you are welcome to it. Allowing an exchange of energy with in a home or room is never a bad idea.

I have a few questions/observations...

This particular story was very 'poetic' it flowed with a type or 'prose' for lack of a better word. I have a slight issue with this... Colorful descriptions may detract from the actual facts and make it harder for anyone to offer advice or help because it begins to sound made up.

The locket you 'found' was this a physical item or was this part of the 'dream/vision' you experienced? I ask because I am reasonably sure there is no way that a picture of a child with a bruise on her face was placed in a Family keepsake such as a locket.

I can believe you saw/experienced these things either in dream or perhaps vision... This makes them more of a psychic nature (although spirits can visit us in our dreams...) It also fits your descriptions better. This site is the place for neither... See the link at the top right of the page for the Psychics & Mediums web site that is a sister to this one... You may find more answers there.

Respectfully,

Rook
BlueBakemono (23 posts)
-2
12 years ago (2012-02-07)
My guess it that Emily was sexually abused (I came to this conclusion when you mentioned feeling somebody crawl into bed with you). Many victims of sexual abuse can feel guilty (Even though it's not their fault), but this doesn't seem to be the case with Emily. You didn't mention Emily having a mother, so maybe Man is her father and her mother died, so Man blames Emily for his wifes death.Though, I don't see how that would tie into her saying she won't do it again and him killing her for doing whatever it is again (She obviously can't be the cause of her mothers death more than once). My only other guess is that Emily was a lesbian and her father was angry that she kept visiting some girl, but that seems too far fetched. Though it could explain that brown haired girl (I don't think the brown haired girl is Emily because, as you said, Emily has blond hair. Blood would turn her hair red/orange-ish, not brown. Her hair could just be muddy, but it would be obvious that is is mud.) and her saying she loves you (You reminded Emily of her), possibly even the guilt (She said she'd never let anything happen to the girl, then she died and now she feels like she didn't keep her promise). But it seems far fetched...
Anyway, I think you should look into missing persons rather than dead people. He could have hid her body. You could also ask your school about Emily, she may have been a student there.
anneke8 (10 stories) (274 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-02-07)
T Suspense, I dout it too. Even tough I read on this site of spritis can follow people around...
Could it have been a girl (girls) in school that was treated bad by this cigar smoking guy? Perhaps he murdered her (them). Could be possible they followed you from school rather than all the way from Michigan.
How old is your school? Try to find old photos of the school, how the previous headmasters looked like, dig in the archives, etc. Perhaps you can come up with something. Why always see this smoke at school? This girl (s) could have been in that school when still alive. And sometimes trying to find out these things alone is not enough. Ask someone to help you that has some knowledge about this things.
TakingSuspense (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-06)
anneke,
I did some research but didn't find anything. I found one tiny bit of a similar story involving a girl who was drowned in Michigan, but that's far from California. Of course when I was a baby/toddler we went to see my grandma right outside Michigan before she passed away, could something possibly have followed me from there?
Let me know what you think since I highly,highly,highly doubt it.
T.Suspense
SnoWQueeN (5 stories) (100 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-06)
Why do your every story says " Girl in white"? Don't you think its too much to keep holding a Girl in white in your every stories? I'm sorry but its bit confusing too. Don't mean to be rude. Take care.
anneke8 (10 stories) (274 posts)
-2
12 years ago (2012-02-06)
Could it be that this bad cigard smoking man killed more than one girl?
If possible, find out more history about your house AND school. Looks like you will supply some of the posters with more 'evidence'
TakingSuspense (guest)
-1
12 years ago (2012-02-05)
Yea Shellzy,
That I sometimes think it could be... But I doubt that it is. That is what I meant, and sorry if I came off wrong.
What I mean is, I sometimes think Emily could be the Girl in White... But sometimes I doubt that she is... I hope this helps make it clearer.
T. Suspense
shellzy (8 stories) (218 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-05)
Im sorry, not may stories on here annoy me to keep commenting and I know you don't care what I think. But this is getting ridiculous.
You said in your story "I feel somehow that Emily may be the girl in white" and in your comments to granny you are saying "thats exactly why I was saying it couldn't be her because of the different hair colour."
To be honest I think you realise that your "story" has been found to be total b.s and your trying to keep it going by now saying this could be a different girl or the girl had blood in her hair ect ect.
troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
+7
12 years ago (2012-02-05)
Stories like these are why I rarely come here anymore. Sorry, but this is just bad fiction.

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: