You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Shadows And Other Again

Real Ghost Stories

Shadows And Other Again

 

Let me start by saying that I didn't have a paranormal experience in a few months. If you have seen my other two stories you can see what I was experiencing with a hooded figure and at another point shadows. Randomly around November everything just stopped. No more dreams, things being moved, noises, or actual sightings. This was until about two weeks ago. A friend of mine was telling me about how she had seen a shadow moving around her house and had openly talked to it, she did receive replies. Being how she's my friend I told her not to talk to it as this opened her to it and that can be very dangerous if it is a bad entity. Maybe it was being reintroduced to the subject after a while or it just happened for no reason at all but a week ago and about three days after talking to her about this with her, things began again.

I was home alone and just locked up my house to go to bed. I made sure all doors in my house were closed so my dog wouldn't go in them and had locked the door to my basement. Now my home has an alarm system so if someone was to come in through any window or door or the garage it would be set off. With all this done I just went in my room and went to bed. I can't say how much time passed while I was asleep but I was awoken by a loud slam. Each door in my house has a different sound to closing so its pretty easy to tell which door closed and this was the one right next door to my room. I got up to check my house as that door had to have been opened before it could have been closed and I figured someone was in my house. I checked every room and each was how it should be lights off and no intruder. I then went to check the basement and found the door unlocked so of course I knew I had to check down there as I knew I locked it before. When I found no one down there and came back up I started getting chills. I didn't think much about this because I figured I was just scared.

Now when you come up from my basement you have the hallway in front of you with my room at the end, the door I heard closed in the middle, and then my moms room right next to you. So looking down this hallway I realized two problems. The first was my door was now closed when I had left it open because my dog was in there and I didn't want him getting upset by himself. The second problem was that the light in the second room was now on when it had been off. I reopened my door and turned off the light before doing a another round throughout my house to make sure everything was definitely locked and shut. As I walked down the hall facing away from my kitchen I felt a pressure and coldness in my hand. It was so palpable I can truthfully say it was like holding and ice cube and squeezing it. Maybe this was just some cold air and a weird muscles thing but it did freak me out more then I already was so I ended up running to my room and shutting the door behind me.

Now for what happened next I need to explain my dog a bit. My dog can be a great alert dog, he will bark when someone is coming up to the house, in the house, or if someone is out in front of our house. However as a guard dog he is more likely to try and make friends with anyone coming in the house then attacking them and I have never seen him growl or go to attack anyone ever. Not even in his most playful ways. Within the four or five steps to my bed my dog was up and near my door barking and growling. I was trying to ignore this telling him to come lay down until I heard a growl returned from the other side of the door. My dog backed up jumping up next to me and his tail down still growling at the door. I then heard some gibberish words that sounded like words that aren't english coming from the door. It was a male voice though I can't say I recognized the voice. But all I know is right after whatever was done speaking It immediately got warm and my dog stopped growling and relaxed enough to lay down next to me ready to sleep. Through all of this my alarm stayed on never going off and never showing that someone had come in through the doors or windows.

This was all that happened for a few days until this past weekend where late Friday night or very early Saturday morning I woke up with a weird feeling. I then realized that my sheets were twisted and my covers thrown back like someone got out of bed. Normally I would just figure I did this and pull them back except when I looked around there was a figure near the door. I didn't see a face or any eyes but if you can relate sometimes you just know something is watching you back and that's exactly what was happening. It then walked right out of my room leaving me with a sleepless rest of the night because I had to sit with the light on out of pure fear.

I'm sorry this was so long and I appreciate if you just skimmed to read it. In truth for it to stop and then start up so strongly make me terrified. This was not a dream and I tried looking for other excuses so I would prefer not to have to hear how it might have been this though I appreciate all ideas, opinions, tips, and knowledge. So please, please, speak up if you can relate or know something about these things. This has been going on for five years soon to be six I don't want it to continue. I personally am trying to find answers however I'm just afraid of looking to far into it. Thank you so much for any feedback and help I truly appreciate it!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Moondefi, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-10)
Moondefi,

I am sorry for the loss of your Friend and can understand how that can 'zap' you for energy.

While I do not feel Tarot readings may lead to 'spirit infestations' I did find it interesting that you say "and things similar", do you mean seances and the like? (actual spirit communication?) If so then what you are experiencing may be connected to these 'sessions/readings' whatever they are being called.

Do you know what, if any, shields... Protective spells or 'after session' cleansings she may use?

I ask because they may have an effect on what you are experiencing as well. I mentioned a method I use, I offer it now, please feel free to use it...

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

Thank you for sharing and please keep us updated.

Respectfully,

Rook
Moondefi (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-10)
dmcal- Thank you for commenting, your advise, and your prayer. I understand calling upon God and Jesus is important during these times. My brother banished a shadow with both names so I do trust it. However in the past I have tried that and for me it didn't work. I will stay strong to my trust in God to keep me safe however it seems that I can not rely solely on word and spirit to banish such things. I also understand these things must be allowed into your home I'll have to say my mom does have tarot card readings in my home and things similar. I'm not sure if these things are the reasons I experience this but I'm glad to here a possibility. Thank you very much for your advise!

Rookdygin- Thank you for commenting. I do realize most things aren't demons and some things are. I will openly admit I feel I have limited understanding on this. After seeing others comments on my other experiences and some basic research and resources I figured my, personal, best guess to be demons. I can not confirm this is true. I'm happy to here your opinion of it not being a demon and if you come up with any new information I would be extremely happy to hear it. I also must admit right now positive thoughts and energy is at a low I just lost a friend to suicide so I may not be able to pull that type of shield anymore then I already have right now; however, if you have a different way to help I would appreciate it thanks!
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-02-07)
Moondefi,

First let me thank you for sharing this with us here, our opinions are a varied and numbered as the members here.

Now I have gone reviewed your other experiences and read your comments... And I wish to ask... You admit to limited understanding of these matters... Do you believe all 'ghostly activity' do be of demonic origin? There are other member here like dmcal and the comments can even be pretty extreme at times.

Having said that I do not feel what you are experiencing is a 'demon'. Not everything that scares us or goes bump in the night is.

Having said that it's hard to determine just what you may be experiencing with the information provided.

I have a method of cleansing and shielding a home that I use for my Family... It is very generic and can be adapted for use with Prayers direct from the Bible or good old fashioned Focus of Positive Thinking/Energy.

It's yours for the asking...

Respectfully,

Rook
dmcal (21 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-02-07)
Hello!

If these things are truly taking place in your home, then I would advise you to pray to God the Father in the name of his Son Jesus asking him to cast this entity out of your home. These entities are fallen angels, also called familiar spirits and demons. Someone in the household had to do something in order to invite this entity in. This can be done by ghost hunting, using a Ouija board, having a seance, tarot card reading, channeling, drug use and the like. Those things mentioned are ways in which these unclean spirits are able to encroach and interact in peoples lives. If you are involved with any of those things, then I would suggest that you discontinue it immediately. The word of God has much information on these demonic beings, as Jesus and the apostles dealt with and cast them out of many people. In fact, one man was possessed with thousands of demons at the same time, whose collective name was Legion. Sincerely call on the name of the Lord to help you and I will pray for you as well.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: