You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Whose Hand Is That?

Real Ghost Stories

Whose Hand Is That?

 

This small occurrence was witnessed by me around February or March in 2011; I had just arrived at my mate's house on a Friday evening for drinks and a bbq. Now this home has had a few weird occurrences happen, they are mainly experienced by my friend's Matt and Sean who own the home.

The amount of times these two mates have described to me the eerie feelings in the home and seeing humanoid shadows is countless as they know I have a deep fascination for these types of things. As soon as they witness something I am normally the first to hear about it.

One such event that Sean described to me, was he had finished watching television one particular night, he decided to sleep in the lounge room as they have big retro lounge chairs that really look like single beds.

Whilst trying to get to sleep he noticed a bluish mist appear in the middle of the lounge that he said shaped into two figures a male and a female standing towards each other then proceeding to hug each other then slowly dissipated away. Apparently he was fine with this and didn't run off scared lol. These figures did not perceive that he was in the room at all which to me seemed to be a very powerful residual haunting.

Now the Evening that I came around, firstly I want to assure you that I had not drank anything by this point as I had just finished work earlier. I had proceeded to put my drinks into the refrigerator in the kitchen and joined the boys outside on the patio. Now where I was sitting I could see directly through the window into the kitchen. Many times I have sat here before and witnessed shadows walk past the kitchen entrance and into the hallway and not just I have seen them, many other people have as well.

I got up out of the chair asked the boys if they wanted a beer and walked into the house to the kitchen to grab them. Now once I grabbed the beers I walked out the kitchen and immediately on my right is a hallway that can be closed off with a sliding door, the door was open so I could see down the hallway. Out the corner of my eye I could see something moving down the end near one of the bedrooms. I have turned my head and witnessed part of an arm and a hand gesturing me to come towards it or into the room, freaked out and creeped out, I thought bugger that crap and quickly proceeded to walk back out to the patio. I did not tell the guys for some time that evening, but when I did we checked the rooms, they assured me that nobody was in the house or had been and left, which is true because I had not seen anyone come or go either.

The house and land history I am unsure of, I have never tried to get to the bottom of this one, there is something that still resides in this home that doesn't seem evil or negative but sneaky and cheeky. This account is another one of the weird occurrences that has happened to me in my life.

Thank you for reading.

Other hauntings by DARKNESS

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, DARKNESS, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
7 years ago (2017-08-11)
Dan - sometimes the oddest things brings us back to an older, but beloved, story. A group I belong to on Facebook had a picture of a Tikoloshe Spirit and I didn't recall ever hearing about one of those. So, off to Google in here I went and to my surprise, up pops your story 😁

Glad I had another chance to read it ❀
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-05-24)
Hi Darkness, I've really enjoyed reading your experiences. 😊

This completely creeped me out! Was that hand fully solid? Either way creepy, glad you didn't follow it!
Christine_Pandora (1 stories) (80 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-04-16)
Hi Dan,

Pity you aren't as close anymore but still a great experience you can share, I loved hearing about it 😁

Also with the crawling hand movie the one that comes to my mind is "Evil Dead 2" which I believe was black and white and he had to chop his hand off where it took on a life of it's own and thus resulting in the guy attaching a chainsaw to his arm...

On another note I've had that exact same feeling of the hallway at my Aunty's house.
Possibly it could be a door way for spirits and because you're more in tune with the spirit side may be why you feel as though it isn't part of the house exactly?
Just a theory!

And lastly as much as i'd like to say "Hells yeah i'm going to find out what the creepy arm wants and kick it if it tries to hurt me!" I doubt I would actually run down the hallway I would probably run out of the house and get someone to grab the next lot of drinks to prevent me from seeing that again.

Oh and those goblins I think I know which ones you are referring to. The Tikoloshe.
I think people would raise their beds to prevent being taken and it's sort of a mix between a goblin and the boogey man for kids...

Here's a wikepedia link if anyone else is interested
Http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tikoloshe 😁

Regards
Christine_Pandora
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-02-19)
Thanks Miracles I do try to get on here whenever I can, but yes like you said life has snared a lot of my time recently! Thank you.:)
❀
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
10 years ago (2014-02-19)
DARKNESS - I'm late again πŸ˜‰ but my sincere thanks is heartfelt nonetheless. I miss seeing you here, but realize how busy you are. Life... Ah well, what are we to do except enjoy it and go on πŸ˜†
Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-02-19)
I wonder why it wanted you to follow. Had I been in your shoes, I would've gone down the hall to see. 😊 But I also like to get myself into trouble. Hee.
Griff84 (5 stories) (289 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-02-19)
Now let's all join hands and sing... No wait, we've done that! 😁 πŸ˜† 😁
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-02-19)
Hahaha Thanks Granny the feeling is very mutual my friend!:)
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
10 years ago (2014-02-19)
DARKNESS: Thank you for hangin' in there with us through thick and thin! You are one of my mostest favoritest posters on the site, as well as a dear friend. Here's to another 1000 posts! ❀ ❀ ❀
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+3
10 years ago (2014-02-19)
Here is to 5+ years on the site and another 1000 posts YGS! Keep up the good work Martin and of course my special Mod Ladies! 😁
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-08)
RedWolf: Thank you for your comment, I do hope to catch up with them all again soon we have had some great nights at that home I'm sure the spirits there have enjoyed it aswell. I will actually try to find out what the land history was beforehand, I got a feeling it may have just been bush, but hey you never know! If I find out any other information you can be sure I will be posting it up here! I hope you get to live your dream and get out here 1 day! Thanks again! 😊

Dan
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-08)
Zzsgranny
I don't remember the crawling hand movie. My mother probably wouldn't let me watch it. But I do remember The Crawling Eye, the original Blob movie and of course The Birds. I also remember the movie Soilent Green. All well done. But truth is always stranger then fiction.
Respectfully
Redwolf
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-08)
Darkness,
First of all belated Happy Anniversary. I loved your story. Too bad you haven't been able to go back and investigate more. The stories you
Could have told us would have been amazing. 😁.
Maybe you can convince your mates to get together at their house to catch up and do a full on investigation. Just to peak their interest you can look into the history of their house and land. Australia has such a rich history and a lot of mystical happenings. I would love to visit one day,it's always been a dream of mine.
Again love the story and I hope you can investigate more.
Respectfully,
Redwolf.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2012-11-07)
Hahaha that's true Granny but it made me feel a little bit better by explaining my actions lol, as soon as I posted it I wanted to get it back!😁 Thanks for the reminder I feel better now! ❀
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+2
11 years ago (2012-11-07)
DARKNESS: I don't think your guides needed that explanation πŸ˜†...They know you better than YOU do πŸ˜† πŸ˜‰
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-07)
Glad I could help Miracles haha it makes me sound up myself doesn't it? I ask my guides etc to forgive me and to look at it as humour and a way of making other people (nudge nudge) feel happy! 😊 ❀
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-07)
Oh, Darkness - now that was funny πŸ˜† Exactly what I needed to end my night.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-07)
DragonStorm80: Yeh no worries, as I said those guys are always too busy etc, the mate situation has changed and the group that always caught up nearly every friday or saturday nights doesn't happen anymore! Ohwell who knows what the future may bring! (oh that would be me thanks to my guides and the Tarot! πŸ˜† muahahaha) joking joking lol! 😁
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-07)
DARKNESS~ you are so taking me with you when you go there next though πŸ˜‰

If it's blokes night I'll just hover in the hallway with my cameras and stuff πŸ˜†

Jeez that wouldn't be creepy at all now would it? πŸ˜†
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-07)
trusted_soul,DragonStorm80 & ryanrowe82: Thanks for your comments, I was just thinking about it again, and yes that hallway always had a weird vibe now that I remember it! It kind of felt like it wasn't part of the house like it had its own world it was residing in. Strange I know!

I haven't been round to the house in quite some time, people and friends change over the years, I am still friends with the boys but everyone is either to busy or just can't be bothered catching up! Ohwell sometime in the future no doubt! 😊 Cheers

Dan
ryanrowe82 (7 stories) (35 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-07)
YEP! Been there, done that! Totally a "no thanks' type of situation. When I had my experience I was just a little kid, but being an adult, if I had seen it again, I would probably need a diaper.
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-07)
trusted_soul ~ There's a lot more that happens here in our Perth than people realize I think πŸ˜‰ And when DARKNESS first told me about this I was like "woah! I want to go over with you and see this place!" But it would have been creepy to see it happen for sure!
trusted_soul (1 stories) (18 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-07)
wow scary story and I live in perth too:)
I had to read this story after I just read another story about a hand gesturing them to follow it hehe
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-26)
DARKNESS,

Happy belated 4th... Yes you've been a member here for 4 years... Time sure flies doesn't it? Anyway Congrats...

Respectfully,

Rook
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-26)
Hey Danny Boy!
Happy belated Anniversary Brother!
You got some serious years on you here. Hope there are many more to come too.

Jav πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-07)
Howdy Trix good to hear from you my friend, I hope everything is going well for you and the family! 😊 Hey where all getting old haha time goes to quickly lately! Take care! ❀
Trix (14 stories) (407 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-07)
Hi DARKNESS, it's so true what you say about 'respectful at all times'...no need to worry-lately I'm always late with everything... Take care friend. Trix. I think I'm getting old. πŸ˜‰ ❀
teafortwo1922 (3 stories) (20 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-21)
Your welcome Dan
I do understand where your coming from being very unerving
Well I get thrilled when things like this happens to me I go looking for it
It is tough to scare me now days. Years ago it was easy to scare me
I get like you do when I deal with people more then ghost
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-18)
MizMiMi02, ilovemexicanfood, teafortwo1922: Thank you all for reading, it was very unnerving this experience, always something that will forever be imprinted in to my memory. Thank you for your time.

Dan 😊
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-18)
Hey Trix, sorry for my late reply haha better late then never though right? 😊 A lot of accents make me laugh aswell and I can picture you saying the exact same thing as I did lol.
The thing is after a few beers later into the night, the liquid courage kicks in and you want to go investigating, just have to remember to be respectfull at all times, that's the secret eh Trix. Good to hear from you my friend and will speak soon! 😊❀

Dan

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: