You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: A Visit From Great Grandma?

Real Ghost Stories

A Visit From Great Grandma?

 

I used to be unaware, or I guess sceptical towards the subject of the paranormal. That is until I had an experience.

My family moved around a lot, and my other family members have also had paranormal experiences that I weren't aware of before I reached my teens. Such as my brother when he was around 12, he had a bunny in his room, and in the night, he would hear someone sliding their hands over the cage, not gently, like it was meant to tease the animal and stress it. And he could see nothing there.

Back to my story though. I was around 10-12 when I had my experience.

I was sound asleep in my room, when I woke up in the middle of the night like something forced me awake. I tried to get up, because I was scared, but I couldn't. I was held down by what seemed to be the presence of someone to my left. I couldn't see or make out who it was, but I felt someone there. The room seemed different than normal. Nothing visual was different, but it felt like it. I also felt like someone was holding my hand strongly, and was smiling at me.

Even though it seems like a nice experience I was scared. I tried to scream but I couldn't. Eventually I fell asleep again. I tried talking to my family about my experience, but no one seems to really believe it, and brush it away.

Even though I couldn't see who it was, it felt like it was my Great Grandmother, I strongly believe it could have been her. It only happened once. Could it have been her?

I'd like to hear from some people who do believe in the paranormal... Any opinions?

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Yooie, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Yooie (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-09)
I have met her, when I was very young. She also died when I was young, and I don't remember which year, date and such... But she was mentally ill, through most of her life, but in my experience, it seemed like it was more peacefull and calm. So if it was her, perhaps she has found peace? 😕
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-08)
Yooie,

Experience has shown that an individuals 'gut' feeling during and experience such as yours seems to 'pan out' and prove to be right.

It sounds as if your own 'fear' any have held you in place... You yourself said you were scared and could not scream... And yet you feel this was your Great Grand Mother.

A few questions...

Had you ever met her before?

Was this near or on the the anniversary of her passing or were you or another family member ill at the time of this 'event'?

It may have been her visiting I tend to accept the 'feeling' of the O/P as to who may have visited. Thanks for sharing this experience with us.

Respectfully,

Rook

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: