You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Following Ghost?

Real Ghost Stories

Following Ghost?

 

My next story is quite long as it spans over a year of events. Again, I do not call myself a full blown "believer", but the occurrences I have witnessed have led me to this site for some insight.

It begins about a year and a half ago, when myself, my partner, and her eight year old daughter were renting a large home. The home was beautiful and newly renovated with an addition that the owners had recently built. We fell in love with the home, and couldn't believe our luck when we were chosen to rent it. Even at the nearly $2000 per month rental fee, it was worth it.

To fully understand my story, I have to describe the layout of the upstairs addition. You would walk up the stairs to a loft area the size of a large bedroom. The loft had double doors leading to the enormous master bedroom, walk in closet, and master bathroom (complete with double shower and jacuzzi tub)

The downstairs held the living room, kitchen, dinning room, daughters room, spare room, pool room, theater room, laundry room, and sun room.

One morning, I awoke to the sound of what I can only describe as a child running around in the loft area in front of our bedroom. I got up, ready to lay it on my step daughter. When I opened the double doors, I was shocked to see that no one was there. I went downstairs, thinking my step daughter must have simply ran downstairs to her room. She was fast asleep in her bed. We were the only ones in the home.

A few weeks later, I was hanging clothes in our closet. I was startled to hear a child like sneeze. It came from the loft area in front of our bedroom. I was frightened immediately because I was the only one in the home at the time. My partner was gone to work, and her daughter was at school.

Following Ghost?

During the winter, I had a particularly trying evening. My partner was working a night shift at the hospital, and her step daughter was being treated for her illness in another town. I was alone in the home. I was reading in bed when it started. I heard a loud BANG against the wall in my room. And then, the banging increased. One bang from one side of the room, another bang from above my bed, another at the other side of my room. BANG BANG BANG from all directions. I called my mother panicking. In the half hour it took for her to come over, the banging stopped. I was traumatized. It not only frightened me, but gave me a sense that something was trying to scare me. Something was doing this.

My mother tried to explain to me that it was a winter night, and the house was just settling. I have heard a house settling before. It was nothing like this, and it never happened like this again. There would be the odd bang, but nothing as loud and as frequent as the "assault" from that night. Luckily, it turns out that the in floor heating did not work in that home, and we ended up moving out two months later.

A few months ago, my sister took a picture with her blackberry in our new rental home. The picture clearly shows a girl in the window. Not the regular "shadow" ghost photos you see online, but a vivid image of a girl, looking at me through the window. I still have this picture, and can show it to those who are interested. I just don't want it floating around on the internet. To explain the picture, the figure is in the window that is about eleven feet from the ground. This picture literally brought me to tears.

A few weeks after that, I decided to fool around with my blackberry and take pictures to see if anything would appear. I wish I hadn't. I found a figure in a mirror above my dinning room table. I still have this picture as well.

Yesterday, my friend and I were at my home studying for an exam, and I went outside to have a cigarette. We don't smoke in the home. While outside, I heard someone say my name. I assumed it was my friend inside and opened the patio doors and said "What?". She replied "What? I didn't say anything." The sound of my name came from the same area as the window where the girl had been.

My partner has said comments about hearing things outdoors, and hearing things walking indoors when no one is there. She doesn't believe in anything at all, but I am starting to get concerned. I would rather be preventative. Does anyone have any ideas on how to rid this thing that I think has followed me? I do not want to see an apparition. I would not be able to handle it.

Other hauntings by elysiamarie

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, elysiamarie, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

roylynx (guest)
 
8 years ago (2016-09-19)
Oh my!
Sorry to interrupt but elysiamarie that photo there! My grandfather once had a similar photo taken by his old Olympia Camera with Kodak Films. Well back in the 90's he was back to his once "home" (Japan). He was in a temple (no, different than a shrine), where there where old statues of little monks they call "O-jizou sama", he was taking pictures in a wood (my grandfather loved trees) and in one of those pictures that he took a "shaky" one appeared and he can see a screaming man clearly. Yes, I saw that picture to me it's a blurry picture with a shadowy unclear figure of a man. (no, sorry I don't have that photo with me anymore)

Talking about a "shaky photo", you will find everything a blur in those, but in this picture that you shared, it showed a sharp "shape" of that girl you are talking about! This in my opinion could be an active spirit.

Blessing from São Paulo

E.Lynx
elysiamarie (2 stories) (22 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-09-19)
Also, can anyone give me directions on how to take that photo down? I would like it to be private. I shouldn't have posted it.
elysiamarie (2 stories) (22 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-09-19)
[at] Ari
To this day, there is no confirmation of anything with this photo. I guess it is like that with every "ghost photo" to this day right? Hundreds of them. And we can't confirm a single one, otherwise ghosts would be known as a forsure thing.
The photo and subsequent photos did have a real effect on our family at the time. My step daughter had to be hospitalized for about a year approx 5 months after this post for mental health issues. She was only eight at the time. My relationship did not survive. I have been on a completely different path for three years now. Hence why I have not been active for many years.
I believe (my opinion) whatever was around at this time attacked my step daughter mentally (and then later physically while in hospital)

It is my opinion that the photo is "real", and so were the others given the events that followed. If it is just a blurry picture, and that's what all the pictures (that I still have today, as they were that meaningful to me) then perhaps it was my psyche warning me of something that was happening.
Regardless, I wanted to give some sort of conclusion to this event, in case it could be of aid to someone having a similar experience.

Should you find yourself in a similar situation, my advice is to NOT post your story/picture. Instead, look for someone who seems to be more open to discuss it with.
I feel a lot of the reason I ignored everything was because I was called "shady" on this site, and I ended up having to defend myself more than getting any help, which is why I came here to begin with.

Find a professional, and get to the bottom of things should you have some goings on. My mistake was ignoring everything.
Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-08)
Since elysiamarie has concluded the topic, I am not addressing this comment to her.

The photo in concern:
As zzsgranny stated in one of her comments, I find it to be "pareidolia", as when I want to see the girl I do see a figure behind the frame. But otherwise if I didn't know what this photo was all about, I would call it a very shaky picture.

Please do not make any derogatory or slanderous comment about the author in reply to my comment, I insist.
elysiamarie (2 stories) (22 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-08)
As a conclusion to the story, after emailing the investigators twice, I did not receive a reply. (no longer an organization?)

We moved from that home in August of this year. So far, I have witnessed nothing out of the ordinary. My fiancee had a "dream" where there was a black figure standing beside our bed, but we are pretty sure it was just a dream.

I do not have any fearful feelings here. I can walk around at night and not be afraid. Whatever it was that was happening previously seems to have stopped. I had just been watching "Your ghost stories on camera" on T.V and remembered about all this. I figured a conclusion was in order:)

Take care everyone!
elysiamarie (2 stories) (22 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-15)
Granny - My fiance thinks I'm from the twilight zone for even considering that ghosts might be real. I've been waking up almost every our in the night, fearful. I'm scared that bringing this all up again is starting to take its toll. I was thinking today, and our previous landlord was not a nice man. He is also short and bald. Could he be the reflection in the mirror? Did he do something to the "assumed" little girl figure? Is that why the addition was built onto the other house? Is that why the activity only happened in the master bedroom above the addition?

Healthonacliff- Not sure what your seeing. There is a fan in the picture, but that's not what is being questioned. Everyone I've shown it to (7 people until this website) has seen it right away. And yes, the picture is poor quality and blurry, except for the "assumed figure" It's very weird. I've just asked an acquaintance on facebook who is a photographer to look at the picture and see what kind of possibilities it could be besides paranormal. Could be just a coincidence that all this weird activity has happened and I have now two different pictures with "figures" in them. I would rather it be proven not a ghost. It's starting to affect my sleep.
heathonacliff (9 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-02-15)
Sorry you have to go through all this, elysiamarie.

And please anyone help me out with the photo. Is that the pic that brought elysiamarie to tears? Then I think it's nothing to cry about, on the preview I thought I saw someone, too, but the full-sized pic clearly (as possible with the quality lol) shows nothing more than a cooling fan, and it's in the room, not in the yard! Or am I missing out and the ghost is in the other window or smth?
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-02-14)
Sorry, that was a pretty stoopid question, 'specially after having read your comment 😆 😆 😳
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-02-14)
elysiamarie: Sage is great!...If I may make a suggestion?...If you don't have the time right now to do the cleansing, burning Sage and doing whatever you can to create a positive atmosphere will be very beneficial... I don't know what kind of music you listen to, but I would suggest something soothing and/or uplifting... My kids listen to extreme, and most of the time I enjoy it, but if I'm already stressed out or edgy, it puts in an even fouler state 😆...

Can I ask if your fiance is open to the paranormal?...

Keep your chin up kid! 😊
elysiamarie (2 stories) (22 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-14)
Message has been sent to the Ontario research team. Hoping something will work. My step daughter struggles with serious mental health problems and is only 9 years old. She has been in treatment four hours from home for over a year. I don't want anything to set her back now that she is able to have home visits, and is planned to be discharged home in June.

Thanks again granny for all your help an guidance. I really appreciate it.
elysiamarie (2 stories) (22 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-14)
Thanks Granny,
I will contact them. However, My fianc
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-13)
It's more than a little odd that the entire picture is blurred. Of course that is something that can be done in Photoshop. Or maybe making the picture blurry when taken makes it easier to add something creepy when manipulating it to look like a picture with a ghost in it.
Petersspirit (4 stories) (144 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-02-13)
Hi Elysiamarie,

You heard what you heard and still are hearing today. Then there are the feelings which go along with all of this. Energy does give off feelings, a ghost is energy without a body. It is life living on and making us aware of it if somehow we are open for business. In your experience, with this girl ghost, it seems that she just likes hanging around you. I guess she likes you and sees you as a mother figure. Talking can do the trick, like some posters said. I've had ghosts with me which I talked to and they left me.

Hope to read more from you, wishing you all the best!

Peter,
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
12 years ago (2012-02-13)
elysiamarie: Here's a link to researchers in Ontario... I think if you get in touch with them, they can refer you to someone... Be careful, reputable investigators won't charge for their services 😊:

Http://www.pararesearchers.org
elysiamarie (2 stories) (22 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-13)
Thanks Granny, will try that this weekend. I'm not sure that there are paranormal investigators in northern Ontario, but I will use google. Thanks for that suggestion. My friend Alexandra will most likely be able to help me with this, as I don't think I would feel comfortable doing it alone. I will be glad when this is all over so I can delete this post and be done with the trolling. I suppose the internet allows for all sorts. I am very grateful for your help and suggestions.

Nysa- Being a troll will certainly gain you attention you seek. By all means, call my picture a fake:) I have found people to help me. I've noticed the way you respond to other peoples posts as well, so I don't feel personally attacked. It's the way you have learned to make yourself feel important. However, I will not be responding to your posts any longer to feed into your bullying. I wish you all the best in your endeavors.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
12 years ago (2012-02-13)
elysiamarie: Here's Rook's cleansing method...Also, please find a paranormal investigator in your area... Google is a great tool! 😆

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-02-13)
Help? Please! What you are seeking is attention. Don't worry your fake picture will get you some.
elysiamarie (2 stories) (22 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-13)
Nysa, please save your drama for someone who cares. If you have something helpful to say, then please post. That is why I am here. I'm not here to entertain you, or to be informed that I am going to be judged. I don't care if individuals do not believe me. What I care about is seeking help from people who have the know how.

Misstee - That is what I was thinking. It was nice to be given an answer that would make me less fearful. But after revisiting the picture after hearing my name called, I am really second guessing the first opinion I got on the picture. I even brought it up to my Psychology professor to get his opinion. He is also stating that it is a trick of the human brain trying to make sense of a distorted picture. Either way, I do not want to "see" a ghost. Not in my pictures, and not in real life especially. I would like to help these little guys in my pictures move on, or follow someone who isn't terrified of them, haha. I do have another picture of a figure in a mirror in my home too. It's not the little girl though. Looks like it might be a man.
misstee (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-12)
I don't know how that could be the curtain seeing the curtain is yellow and tied to the side and that figure is no where near it. I've seen a lot of ghost pictures on the internet, real and fake and this picture looks pretty real to me!
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-12)
Whoa back up the bus! I did not call you shady I said your request for personal contact sounds shady. It does. I thought you might not have realized the way that might come across online. I was not trying to suggest that your account was false. I was pointing out the fact that pictures are only evidence for the people present when they are taken. I read your description to say that the girl in the window was quite solid looking & was looking out as the picture was taken of the outside of your house. I am happy to have my misunderstanding cleared up. But don't kid yourself into thinking that judging your character is not part of the process. You have submitted for public inspection a story that can not be verified. Determing whether you seem credible is part of what every person who reads this does, something I was simply trying to make you aware of. I find your reaction to that extremely suspicious.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-02-12)
elysiamarie: Firstly as previously mentioned, Rook's cleansing ritual is good to do even to cleanse and nuturalise the energy in your home and yourself so definitely worth a look.
This little girl spirit doesn't seem malevolent at all but is obviously around for a reason, if this is the same spirit you believe was from your other home there is a reason it is following you, she may not be trying to get something across to you personally it could be attracted to someone else in the family, and you are just spiritually open to sense her presence.
Have there been any deaths that are related to yourself or your partner recently or even a while back? That is somthing just to consider she may be reated to one of you somehow. Please keep us updated and all the best to you and your family. 😊

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
elysiamarie (2 stories) (22 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-12)
I sent the picture to someone who deals with ghost pictures on the internet when it was first taken. He said it's the curtain. I used that answer to sooth myself and tried to forget about it, but with the recent calling of my name, I'm second guessing that it's the curtain. I mean, she's so detailed.
misstee (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-02-12)
Oh nevermind, I see it and yes I do see very clearly a little girl looking in the window! It's definitely not a real person and I don't see how it is anything else, wow!
misstee (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-12)
Um ok... Where's the picture? I don't see it attached to the story 😕
elysiamarie (2 stories) (22 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-12)
Hi there,

I still don't see the boy in the bookshelf, only the obvious girl in the window.
I'm not sure how to go about doing EVP.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-02-12)
YAY MARTIN!...
Elysiamarie: Your photo's posted, in case you haven't seen it yet LOL 😆 😆
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
12 years ago (2012-02-12)
elysiamarie: Sorry I took so long in getting back to you... I have taken a bit of time with both pics, and I see what you're talking about... I do see another face, possibly a boy, but it's in front of the bookcase instead of on top... Try looking about in the center, toward the left side of the case... I can definately see the bald guy in black in the mirror!...That's creepy! LOL

The only problem I can see is, if you were to send these photos to a photography expert they would most likely tell you that this is a case of "pareidolia", the tendancy of the human brain to make sense of random patterns... The best examples I can give you are the "man in the moon"; and remember picking shapes out of big fluffy clouds?...Now I'm not saying that's the case with your photos, only that it's a problem with ANY still photo...

I don't know if it's possible, or you're willing, to try to get some EVPs or video?...Even with EVPs, the problem of pareidolia remains unless the voice/noise is unmistakeably clear, so video is the best course...

Otherwise, the cleansing method offered by the poster Rook is awesome... But understand, it's not a "cure all"...If the entities in a given place aren't negative, it probably won't have any effect on them, and they'll only back off for a while... Which should bring you peace, knowing they're not harmful...Also, do a search on Google for "personal shielding"...There are so many methods, it's hard for me to give you one so you pretty much have to find the one that suits you and your needs...

Please continue to update us!
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-02-11)
elysiamarie: Sure, you can shoot it to me in an e-mail, I'm very interested in seeing it... I may be a while in responding, day job and all that 😆
elysiamarie (2 stories) (22 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-10)
Sorry about my spelling errors, I'm under the weather with the flu.
elysiamarie (2 stories) (22 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-10)
Sounds good. I'm just starting to get really frightened. Almost to the point where I'm afraid to be in my home alone. Would you mind if I sent the picture to you zz? You seem to have a lot of experience in this...mater.

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: