You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Can Ghosts Follow Or Am I Mad?

Real Ghost Stories

Can Ghosts Follow Or Am I Mad?

 

I must admit I feel pretty mad for even considering posting this; but I'm afraid my curiosity (not to mention my general waxing anxiety) has not been satisfied through any other more rational means. I have, as of late, been experiencing a set of rather peculiar sensations (for lack of a better word). They're difficult to describe but in as few words as possible I suppose it's rather like the feeling of having someone just barely touching you; close enough to feel, and even give goose pimples and sometimes a small bit of warmth, but not any real pressure. Along with that sensation is a sort of fluttery feeling similar to that which one would feel when close to someone you are romantically involved with as well as the feeling of being watched; though not maliciously.

I have felt many of these combined things before, when I was younger, but never with the same frequency or intensity with which they occur now. Another new 'symptom' (who's relevance I question) manifests itself in my dreams, At least in the ones that aren't mind numbingly boring. Every pleasant dream I have I dream of France and though the dream is mostly a blur when I wake up I always remember a few things: singing, Paris, roses, and the same fluttery feeling felt in my waking hours.

I have no idea what's going on (if in fact there is anything going on at all) or if I should worry or if I should maybe even see a doctor! I have always been complemented on being a perfectly intelligent, logical, and sensible young lady; and have always thought and acted as such, trusting my eyes and my mind. But these feelings have been felt without an external physical force and these emotions without a proper stimulus. I feel odd and mad and confused and wonderful all at the same time. Am I mad, or is it possible I am being followed by something unseen? I'm sure compared to most experiences mine seem pretty minor but I'm concerned none the less.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Cookiedough41, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-02-09)
Based on that description, it sounds like your romantic fantasies are following you. We often feel those "symptoms" when we fantasize, even if it is in the back of our mind rather than something we are consciously thinking about. You wonder if you should talk to a doctor, anything that interferes with daily life is appropriate for discussion with a medical professional. You might feel silly saying you are having vivid dreams & vague sensations, but won't you feel much sillier if you let it bother you for years then find out it was a simple physical issue? If you are taking any medications, supplements etc. Even just birth control, it is especially important you speak to a doctor. Any "strange" experience could have a paranormal source (& ghost is only one of many possibilities here) but what you describe is more likely to have a "normal" source. Writing down all of your thoughts, feelings, unidentified sensations, romantic & physical desires, etc. May help you better understand what you are feeling. It might also help you see if there is a supernatural element.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-02-09)
These symptoms are much too vague to even venture a guess. One question.
What was it about these "feelings" that made you decide to come here for answers?

Jav 😕
anneke8 (10 stories) (274 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-02-09)
Dont feel 'mad' Cookiedough! No one thinks so.
I will leave the judgement to the experts on this one. I had my share of invisible hands touching me on my back and shoulders, even my leg once or twice.
But I don't feel it with me all the time like you do.
Sounds like this thing is slowly by surerly manifestating himself into your life. Get rid of it before it gest worst. Once again I am going to give advice here because you are new to the site.
Try Rookdygin's cleansing method, perhaps it will work. Just search his name.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: