You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ghost Hunting :: Voice Of A Girl Crying

Real Ghost Stories

Voice Of A Girl Crying

 

I live in Saligramam, Chennai, which is earlier called Madras. In our apartment, there are two blocks. Each block has 8 flats. I live in first floor of the first block. The second block is just behind my flat. In fact, when I see from my dining room window, I can see the window of the flat in the second block. That is where the incidents happen even now. The flat Number is 13. I don't know whether it has got anything to do with the story. My apartment was built in the year 1999-2000. We are the first owners and before that the land was a vacant land in a residential locality. The flat owner of number 13 and we all purchased the flats and moved in somewhere in early 2000. The flat owner of 13 did not say anything until he vacated the house about 5 years ago. But, he told many of us when we used to meet casually that owing to reasons for ventilation, he is using only the smaller bedroom instead of the master bedroom.

After he vacated and let it out, we came to know about the peculiar problem faced in the master bedroom. The tenants told us that whenever they sleep, whether it is morning or night in the master bedroom, they used to hear a voice of a girl crying just next to their pillow. This was the experience of many of them, well it was a big family of 7. They really got scared and vacated the flat. Again, when it was let out for the second time, the new tenants also experienced the same weird phenomena. In fact, he queried us whether someone committed suicide or whether anything untoward happened in the flat earlier. But, there was none. Thereafter, he invited atleast some of us to come and experience. I readily volunteered and one or two of our apartment residents also joined.

However, we went despite lot of protests from our wives. We entered the flat and we never felt anything unusual. We went to the bedroom and lied down. It was around 11 p.m. Well, within 10 minutes I started feeling something unusual. I distinctly heard a voice of a girl crying in a very low voice. Probably my neighbour Umashankar had the same feeling and started visibly shaking. In fact, we put the lights of the room on and all the 4 of us, who were lying in the room felt it. There was no mistaking. But, the strange thing is that when we got up, we could not hear the sound or voice. I am quite sure that it was a girl crying in a low voice.

We went back once again, this time in daytime around noon the following Sunday to know whether it happens because some of them argued if there is something, why the ghosts or spirits should show up only in the night. Because it was day time, we were nearly 9 people in that master bedroom. All of us had the experience once again. Except the low crying voice of a girl, we could not hear anything. Till now, there is no violence or any other form that manifested in that flat.

After our experience, the flat was let out for 2 more tenants and they also felt the same experience. The present resident also feels the same feeling whenever he and his family sleep in the master bedroom. Even though, whatever it is, never hurt anybody, because it was scary, the tenants started using the other bedroom and they use the master bedroom for dumping some furniture, materials etc.

It still goes on.

Other hauntings by sds

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, sds, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-21)
Hello Deepa_05, it is still happening. But the apartment owner is not allowing me or any one to even discuss about it. The apartment owner tried to sell it. But, unfortunately it did not materialise. Now, he is blaming it on me. I tried once after my friend Ari (Sceptic-Ari) advised me to contact an investigation team. But the apartment owner was quite furious. I will try again and if something comes through, I will tell you Deepa. My e-mail ID is on the profile page of mine. You can contact me through e-mail.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Deepa_05 (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-17)
Dear sds, Can you share the current status of the house? Am in a investigation part of ghost hunting. Can you elaborate it more to hunt the voice of the girl in such a way to find the reason from herself itself? Please do help me...
darkassassin92 (119 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-11)
I agree with you one of my dads friends well I was friends with his son he said ghost are demons I told him I disagree he and his son are Christians.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-11)
Dear darkassassin92, not all ghosts are demons. Demons are different. The spirits of deceased persons come as ghosts. There are good natured spirits and likewise negative and evil entities. There are different forms of ghosts like shadows, residual haunting, evil spirits, negative entities, spirits of persons that still believes they are alive etc. It is a vast subject and quite an interesting one too.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
darkassassin92 (119 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-10)
People say that ghost are demons I think some are in reality if ghost exist I think they are deceased people what do you think?
Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-01)
Dear sds,
Not a biggie... 😁
Take care and stay clear...

Regards
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-28)
EmoVampirePerson,

I did receive your e-mail, but I saw this first and I choose to answer you here, I hope you do not mind.

You have stated this...

"I have heard yoou are a really good spiritualist?"

Spiritualist? Me? I do not consider myself one. I am a Empath, I have many years of experience, beginning with my own experiences and research I have done because of them as well as my research while I was a practicing Witch and right on through the present as a member of a Christian Faith based Church (Priesthood Holder and Ordained Teacher). I have my own opinions and Ideas and I share them here, some have found insight, others aid and some have called me a complete 'git'! (😉) So, I do not think I am a Spiritualist nor an Expert, just an individual with opinions and experience, if those help you all the better...

You are looking for help... You have stated this...

"I keep seeing shadows cross the room not my shadows, my tv shakes all the time and when I eat in the kitchen the washed plates in the rack fly into the sink then when I sleep I feel a cold hand touch my back..."

First: How long have these things been happening?

Second: Have you kept a Journal of these events? Are there any 'commonalities' when they occur? (Time of day, during a thunderstorm, full moon... You being mad/upset over something?

Third: How old are you? (you do not have to answer, but it could help...)

Without more information it is very hard to determine if anything paranormal is actually happening to you. Please submit your own experience, include as many details as you can and then not only myself, but the other members here on YGS can try to help you.

Respectfully,

Rook
EmoVampirePerson (6 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-27)
Rook,
Yes I was told that but now you mention it its true but please help me,
I have heard yoou are a really good spiritualist? I keep seeing shadows cross the room not my shadows, my tv shakes all the time and when I eat in the kitchen the washed plates in the rack fly into the sink then when I sleep I feel a cold hand touch my back, if you get this message please help me -Abbie-
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-27)
Dear Val,

I told in my earlier post that the present tenants are somehow not allowing us to bring up the issue. Anyway, I will keep on my efforts through the owner of the flat, who is a good friend of mine. And, in Madras, we used to call the seasons as hot, hotter and hottest and there is no necessity of central heating system in the apartments. In fact, I tried to get as many rational reasons as possible but could not find one. In the end I sighed and came to your conclusion like who will go on crying for years together.

Thank you for your comments.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-02-27)
SDS, this is strange! Question: in the flats, are there floor vents or heaters? I was thinking, maybe, just maybe sounds from elsewhere traveling through it. Reflecting on that, even if there were who cries every night for years? No living person that I know of. I must say, this gave me delicious shivers; well written and very valid sounding. Have you found anything else out?
~Val
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-02-27)
EmoVampirePerson,

No Ghost just Spirits? So could you please explain this definition of what a ghost is...

Ghost: 1. The spirit of a dead person, especially one believed to appear in bodily likeness to living persons or to haunt former habitats. 2. The center of spiritual life; the soul. 3. A demon or spirit.

(http://www.thefreedictionary.com/ghost)

Just Curious.

Rook
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-27)
Hi Sceptic-Ari, some new tenants have come now. I wanted to go with some of my friends to investigate. But, they are not allowing us to do anything further even though they do not sleep overnight in the master bedroom. But, I will keep on trying and if they agree, I will definitely contact you for further help. Thanks for your advise.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
EmoVampirePerson (6 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2013-02-27)
I am telling you that each human has a spirit so there are no ghosts, just your spirit, now this spirit only show up at night because that was the time they died maybe in a fire, spirits make themselves noticed at the time of their death
Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-27)
Dear sds,

This just clicked in my mind...

Committee For Scientific Investigation Of Claims Of The Paranormal: Convener: B. Premanand

"http://www.indiansceptic.in/contact.htm";

Might you contact them and request them to investigate, if the occurrence is still there that is?

Feel free to ask me anything related to this...
Regards
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-31)
I am willing to. But my friends, who have been with me or would be with me during the experiences, are hesitant to make any contact. Well, I don't know. But I will try to convince them. If it is possible to make the entity to go away peacefully to the bliss of God, then I would be quite happy to do that. Let me talk to my friends on this subject and will definitely write in this site afterwards.

Well as to the other aspect, we did try to put the ears on the floor, tried to lie down on bed, without bed, everything. But, we definitely hear the voice of a girl crying. Thats for sure.
AdriannaMarieCole (10 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-30)
I really think you should try communicating with her. Try getting the house blessed. Show her the light to god. Try asking her what's wrong, and why she is so upset... THats what I'd try.
Aishling (1 stories) (35 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-30)
Wow that's mad! Any luck with the recordings? Does it just happen when you lay down on the bed or does it happen if you lay on the floor or crouch beside the pillow or put your ear to the floor anything like that? Ever tried talking to her? Does it definitely sound like a girl crying or could it possibly sound like anything else? Sorry for all the questions:)
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-24)
No rook, we are planning to investigate using a webcam and a recorder by next week. I shall keep you posted of any further developments or recordings made during that time. Thanks for the comments.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-20)
sds,

Thanks for the follow up... Anything else happen, or was captured during that 3 hours?

Respectfully,

Rook

LNTP
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-20)
Hi darth,

Last week we investigated. It still continues. We were allowed to stay there for over 3 hours. We tried all the things like switching off the lights and fan. But, still we could hear the sound of a female voice crying and we could hear it only when we lie down in the bed on the north-eastern corner or near that direction. It happens irrespective of the time, whether it was day or night. And to tell you, prior to the time our apartment was built, there was no house or building in that place. There were houses nearby. We enquired whether there was any incident of violence or murder or any other incident. There was none. So, the mystery continues. We plan to investigate further and would communicate, if we find anything.

Thanks for comments.

Regards.

SDS
darthvedor (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-16)
It can be the sound of fan just below that particular room. It explains why the sound occurs only when one lie down an why it is low. If you are reading it, try investigating it and let us know.
sanjeevgeorge (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-26)
was THAT particular flat also built newly at that time, or was it already there before?
joshuakeys (7 stories) (45 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-21)
Man Sounds very spooky. Did you check the history of your flat? Any deaths in the flats earlier?

Thanks for the sharing.
teneki (10 stories) (140 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-10)
Moving the bed and pillows does lead to more of a likelihood of it being paranormal. Just thought I'd mention it since sometimes everyone forgets to try the simplest of things. Like the time I couldn't find my house keys and looked for them for an hour before I thought of looking in the doorknob.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-10)
Well, the tenants have tried to shift the bed and change the position of their pillows etc. But the result is the same. One thing that always wonders me is that this occurs only when somebody is lying down and not when someone is sitting etc. And we have tried also to find out whether there was any crime like murder or something in the open ground before it was built. But nobody could give a correct answer. We are still in pursuit in that direction.
teneki (10 stories) (140 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-10)
My suggestion would be to look for physical reasons. It'd be odd for a ghost to stop crying just because you sat up and for every time that someone laid down for her to start up again. Try moving the bed and getting back in it and so on. That'd help eliminate that possibility.
anneke8 (10 stories) (274 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-02-09)
Oe, very weird! It sounds like you are sure no one died there in that room. And you are sure it is a girl crying, not pipes or electricity nearby that could make that noise? Perhaps it could be a girl that died there before the flats were build. Can't you try to find info in the archives about killings and strange deaths in your town? One of my school friends was killed in a open field years in 1992, and it was nearly impossible to fiend any information, but finaly I found the article that was in our area newspaper on the web. There is houses build there in the meantime, I often wonder if her soul is at rest...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: