You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Ghost In The House

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost In The House

 

About a year to a year and a half ago, I lived in a nice sized home in Pennsylvania with my mother, three dogs, cat, iguana, chinese water dragons, and step dad. We decided that it was time for a move. My step dad left us to go to another state and took all our animals but one dog, and most things from the house. My mother, dog, and I were left alone in the house together for seven months.

My mother was sick and and needed surgery, but we didn't have the money so she needed to work as much as possible, so she wasn't home most of the time. One day, I came home from my school at about 2:45 in the afternoon. I picked up the house phone to call my mom to tell her I was home and walked into the kitchen. As the phone rang, I heard loud banging from the basement stairs. My dog starting barking at it and then ran to the back door, pawing it to get out. I heard the noises louder and louder and screamed and ran into the back yard. I hung up the phone and called my friend from down the street to come over because I thought there was someone in our house. Her and I called my mom and talked to her as I investigated the basement, there was nothing. Nothing fell, nothing moved, there were just a bunched of packed boxes.

Over the period of seven months, this occurred every few weeks. At night, my mother and I would hear slamming in the kitchen and steps coming up the stairs. The dog would always wake up and bark too. I think our dog sensed something was wrong. We had a home security system that no one knew the code to so it wasn't anyone breaking into our home. Now that I've moved, everything seems calm most of the time, but someties I still get the feeling someone is there when I'm alone. I wonder what was in my old house.

Other hauntings by h2oified

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, h2oified, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-13)
h2oified,
I'm happy to hear that your mother finally got the treatment she needed and that you have moved from that house. It's obvious that whatever was in the house was taking advantade of your mother's weakened condition. And because of your worries over your mother, it was able to pick on all of you at once.
The feelings you have every now and then are hopefully just the leftover anxiety you went through when all of that was occurring. But please keep us posted if anything should come to light and you feel uncomfortable at all.
If you like I can post up a house cleansing recipe that many of us use. It is one that a veteran of this site, whom we all trust and respect, has offered up for all to take advantage of. We call it "Rook's Recipe", and there are many who will testify to it's positive effects.
Thank you for sharing your experiences with us. And welcome to YGS.

Jav 😊
lynrinth (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-11)
I'm glad your mother is getting better, and hope where you live now, you don't experience anything that alarms.
h2oified (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-10)
The first year we moved into that house my mom got sick, it got worse over the years. My step dad wanted to sell the house since the day he move out. There was a few people who had something against my mom, but I can't blame my mom, her medical condition caused mood changes. And thank you, my mom just had surgery in December and is on a path to healing.
Argette (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-09)
I hope your mother is in better health now, too. That must have been a stressful time for both of you. Perhaps your vulnerability attracted some malevolent spirits that had been dormant.

I wish you the best. Thank for sharing your story.
XxoBethanyoxX (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-09)
keep it up, put a vidio cam, at the top of the staires and in the baesment x ❤ goodluck
anneke8 (10 stories) (274 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-09)
I hope your mother is okay now! Did she started to get sick before of after your stepdad left?
The reason I ask is, that sometimes when someone has a grudge agains someone else, they put a spell on that person, or the house in this case.
Did you stepfather wanted to sell the house after he left and wanted you out of there perhaps? I am just wondering, that is why I ask all this questions 😐

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: