You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: That's... That's Me?

Real Ghost Stories

That's... That's Me?

 

This is the next event in chronological order, meaning it happened way before we ever had the cabin. It happened in the same bedroom as the first event, but on the front part of the house facing the road instead of near the back facing the neighbors as the first was. The way the room is laid out takes up the whole right side, facing the house from the road, after walking down a hallway. I'd guess the room takes up about a quarter of the upstairs. Right behind the door leading into the hall is a door that leads into the bathroom, but that door has always been blocked by one piece of furniture or another. At the time of the event, I was sitting on the floor, playing a video game, when I happened to look up at the window. Behind it was night, and as most can attest to, at night a window can work basically the same as a mirror. In the window, I saw the reflection of the bedroom.

In the reflection I saw myself slightly older and wearing a brown suit and brown tie walk out of the blocked door and stop at the mirror. There I combed my hair and looked directly at the original me (the one sitting playing the video games) and then walk through the outer wall.

I'm not sure if what happened later that night is connected or not, but I fell asleep reading a book, trying to get my mind off of what I'd seen, and Dad accidentally woke me up taking my glasses off. I don't remember any of this, but he said I sat straight up, looked directly at him, and said "White white" and then flopped back down already asleep.

Other hauntings by teneki

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, teneki, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

GabrielladeLioncourt (5 stories) (71 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-21)
How old was the suit? I mean did it look like it was out of style in the time it hapenned?

If so I'm thinking it could be an ancestor? Someone from your familly in the past that looked exactly like you?

If not maybe a strong entity that could take the form it wants, have you experienced anything else around those times? Before or after?

Lots of luck and love 😊
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-13)
Teneki,
Maybe if you set out something of his, something that would still 'feel' like it may hold some of his energy? A personal item, perhaps something he made physical contact with on a daily/nightly basis? An item he would know was meant for him only. Then just be patient. You never know.
Just a thought...

Jav 😊
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-13)
WOAH! How freaky is that!? I think Nysa and DARKNESS are onto something with the relative or time shift scenario, And maybe you do need to ask your father to help you or come visit to help you find what they are looking for? 😊
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-13)
teneki: A weird experience indeed, I'm thinking more towards what Nysa has mentioned, but I'm also thinking Dimensional Shifts, witnessing another you and another time, it does border on time slips, but would you ever wear what what you witnessed? You mentioned no! This is a important fact to remember in this account, dimensional shifts I believe do exist and occur in specific areas and during solar and geomagnetic peaks, could explain some of the ufo accounts aswell perhaps. Look it up if your interested, food for thought.😊

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
teneki (10 stories) (140 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-02-12)
No, hadn't really thought about that since both he had visited hadn't directly invited him, but that could be a barrier since he actually lived here. Though truthfully, he loved the cabin up north as much as I and I'm surprised he's not up there, unless he is when I'm not.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-12)
Teneki,
Have you asked him for assistance at all? Or what it is that you and your mother haven't found? Perhaps he needs to be asked, or invited?

Jav
teneki (10 stories) (140 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-11)
No, we had totally different body styles, he was much shorter than I even when younger.

Speaking of Dad, I'll share with you guys I'm a bit annoyed at him since passing, he's visited my niece to tell her that Mom and I haven't found something that we still haven't found, and my nephew to tell him he had cancer at a time that he only had a very very tiny tumor forming, but he's never visited here.

He knew I believe in ghosts, so I'm annoyed he hasn't shown up to at least say "Ok, you were right" instead of just visiting the family.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-11)
Teneki,
So do you think it could have been a residual of your father? He doesn't have to have been passed at the time for a residual to take place.
Just a thought.

Jav
teneki (10 stories) (140 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-10)
The suit didn't look dated or anything, but wasn't new either. My parents were 40 before I was born, and I could easily see Dad wearing something like it, so I would say classic non-tux.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-02-10)
teneki: Don't blame ya' one bit for not buying a brown suit LOL 😆...Question: was his suit a "classic" style, or did it seem dated, like a leisure suit, zoot suit, etc.?...

I've never heard of anything like this... Thank you for posting!
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-10)
Well if it was a vision, it certainly shows how seeing the future can change it. 😊
teneki (10 stories) (140 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-10)
I look quite a bit like him, I'm a little balder, but not outside of the range for a hairstyle to cover that up. I also don't own the suit he wore, and because of not knowing what he was exactly, I've always refused to buy a brown suit.
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-10)
I don't think it can be properly termed a doppelg
teneki (10 stories) (140 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-09)
It's not that much older than me, my Mom and my Dad built it. We also knew the family that owned the property before us, I didn't even know it was them until a couple days ago. Their family looks nothing like ours really.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-09)
teneki,
How odd that must have been? Let alone, frightening. I don't know about it being a Doppleganger, I've never heard of a situation where it would be a different age. Especially not an older you. It also could not be any residual. This falls more into the "Time slip" category. That's my opinion anyway.
Was this a family home for many years before you were born?

Jav
teneki (10 stories) (140 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-09)
Yeah, it was odd and unsettling. According to my brother, this area has been mentioned on a few ufo shows, so I must not be the only one having experiences assuming he wasn't teasing me. Odd, given that it's so rural.

I know my previous neighbor mentioned having a ghost as well that disappeared after his granddaughter's ex-boyfriend tried to torch his place in retaliation of the granddaughter breaking up with him.
anneke8 (10 stories) (274 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-09)
Sounds like a doppelganger to me... Not that neccecarily believe in it, but it just sounds right...
Some people believe that it is 'the evil self.'
Others believe it is only someone that looks exactly like you. Then there are they who believe that seeing yourself like that is an omen of some sort.
Could be that there could be spirits out there that can make them look like you too... In any case, this is the first time I read something like this and it is intriguing!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: