You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: My Ouija Board Experience

Real Ghost Stories

My Ouija Board Experience

 

I had never done a Ouija board before and my cousin encouraged us to engage in this experience. I must admit, I was very afraid. I had heard many stories about spirits and ghosts and previously, I'm certain, had experience with my uncle who had passed away from cancer, just visiting, I'm sure to check that I was okay.

So anyway, this was my first time engaging with the spirits. My cousin told me all the rules and that if I did not believe, it would not work. For it to work, we had to blow on a silver coin both sides and place our finger on the coin in the centre of our own made Ouija board without putting pressure on the coin.

The first spirit we spoke to, I did not know whether to believe or not. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. I thought my cousin was putting pressure on the coin and it was a joke as it first spelled: S8N. As in Satan.

One of the rules of a Ouija board is if it starts to go through the alphabet in order it wants to enter our world. This happened a lot that night. Not a great start to my first Ouija board experience and I was afraid that night. To sleep. To do anything.

Later in the night as I lay there, I had been asleep for only an hour and the loud noises of my aunty woke me up, the whole house went dark and I tried very hard to go back to sleep. I suddenly felt cold and felt the foot of the bed sink as if someone was sitting on my bed. I woke up almost everybody in the house and they told me it was all in my head. Still afraid, I made my other cousin sleep in the bed with my sister and myself. The bed began to sink again, and I knew that something was there but was too afraid to look. The next morning, I asked my sister if she felt the bed sink and she agreed.

This is just a basic story of a Ouija board experience. Feel free to leave comments with any questions or opinions about my experience that you would like to express.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, kelseynov, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

SheytheNotsoBrave (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-28)
I've never used a Ouija board before, I'm too afraid to mess with one of those because my mum told me that if I do use one, it's opening up a door letting in not only one spirit, but many. My biggest fear would be letting in something evil. My suggestion is to pray before and after you use the board so you don't let something unwanted in the room. 🤔
Aaron-123 (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-26)
Have the experiences stopped? I hope so 😊.

I'm itching to do ouija board with my girlfriend but she won't have at it! She's scared that it will attach a spirit to her, but eh, i'll talk her into it... Hopefully. 😉
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-14)
I will spare you the 101 on not to use Ouija Boards. But the fact that it spelled S8N in text, I seriously wouldn't put it passed a entity doing this at all, something that connects well to any teenager these days is phones and texting. The whole fact of it being Satan is laughable, but hey who knows, but I bet you won't do it again right? And as Lady-Glow mentioned, your lucky you didn't get hold of Zozo he is the King Demon of the Ouija Board. Lol.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
clever210 (3 stories) (189 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-14)
granny, you are so right. Using the board at all is an invitation for whoever/whatever happens to be passing by at the time. If you are getting a response, whoever/whatever is already there. Using a ouija board is like picking a random name out the phone book and calling them and inviting them over to your house. You never know what you are going to get. That's the way I see it, at least.

-clever210
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
12 years ago (2012-02-13)
kelseynov: I think you misunderstood me... What I meant was, if a spirit is moving the planchette, they're already there, having been given permission to enter by the sole act of initiating contact through the use of the board...
kelseynov (1 stories) (2 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-02-13)
miracles51031 - we thought it was a teenager spirit just messing with us

Zzsgranny - happened recent. Not really. No. And I was with people who would never do such a thing as move the planchette.

Rookdygin- like miracles... We thought it was a teenager spirit messing with us because it is common. And I got the rules from my aunty and cousin who had done them many times before and they learnt their rules from other family members, so at the moment I am believing that until it can be proved otherwise. 😕
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-02-11)
Wait, Wait I get it... This was the Ouija App for one of them thar SMRT Phones...

S8N really?

One other question...

Where did you get the rules from? I ask because after many, many years of experience this is the first time I have heard of the one where if the planchet goes through the Alphabet in order something is trying to 'cross over'.

Respectfully,

Rook
Argette (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-02-11)
Tweeting beyond the grave - read it here:

Http://blogs.smartmoney.com/paydirt/2012/02/08/tweeting-from-beyond-the-grave/?link=SM_home_blogsum

[at] Ladyglow: I hope we've seen the last of ZoZo!
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-02-11)
kelseynov: How long ago did this happen?...And has anything substantial happened since?...Did your Aunt and/or Uncle know you were using the board?...

In my opinion, the alphabet thing is just BS... Think about it: if who/what ever is moving the planchette, they're already there...
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-02-11)
Better do not use the Ouija again, you never know what could come to you... It could attract Zozo 😆
Argette (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-10)
I don't text. I barely use my cell and I've had one for 17 years. But I'm not going to use it to communicate with LuC4.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-02-10)
See?...That's how bad I am at texting 😆...That should be nEway...Geez... 😆
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-02-10)
OMG me 2 LOL!...thaz kra-z...Sup wit 'dat nyway? 😆 😆 😆

Not enuf wurds LOL
Argette (guest)
+3
12 years ago (2012-02-10)
Texting is scary enough but now Beelzebub is doing it, 2?

I M scared!
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
12 years ago (2012-02-10)
kelseynov - I really only have one comment to make and it's this. I don't think a real spirit would use "text talk" on a Ouija board. Just my opinion, though. I've been known to be wrong before 😉
elysiamarie (2 stories) (22 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-10)
Sounds like a very frightening experience. I have only used a Ouija board with my friends when I was very young. Nothing happened though. My friend was moving the pointer and was called out on it.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: