You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Popeye's Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

Popeye's Ghost

 

Hi everyone. My Name is Casey and I am 49 years old. When I was six years old I lived on 15th St. in Santa Monica, Ca. We were living in a house that was built by Segar, the creator of the Popeye cartoon.

One evening my older brother and sister and I walked home from a diner down the street before the folks came home. This was during an era when kids could walk home without the adults.

When we got home my brother discovered we had no house key. My brother took me around back and boosted me through the kitchen window so I could go through the house to open the front door. On my way down the hall I passed the narrow stairs that went up to the upper floor.

I looked up those stairs and at the top stood this cartoon looking person looking down at me. It was wildly shaking its head and made this strange laughing sound. I wasn't so scared, I've always been kind of strange that way.

I ran to the front door and let in my siblings. I told them what happened and they both understood. Each one of them had encounters with this malevolent spirit in the past.

This is an absolutley true story!

Casey M

Riverside, Ca.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

Ace45 (17 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-05)
What makes you think it was Malevolent? What were the experiances that your siblings had? If it only laughed that doesn't sound very malevolent to me.
MARGE' (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-01-12)
Whem I was a kid, there was a pop eye cartoon show, the guy that said he was the originator was named Tom Hatton... are you sure you have the right guy?
camanchie.. (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-01-12)
that sounds pretty nuts, the whole shaking head thing, but I like the fact you lived in that house you should get in touch with me sometime on here so I can ask you some stuff, thanks.......................
Mark (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-01-09)
Could be the ghost of the Popeye series creator
in a cartoon character form.
Elzie Segar died somewhere in the 1930s.
Jim (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-01-07)
I do believe your story, but the fact that you had knowledge of this house being made by the Popeye creator could've had a big part on your subconscious creating this cartoon in your mind instead of possibly seeing the spirit for what it really is. Also, maybe the spirit wanted to be seen this way to be more settling for your mind as a child. Who knows for sure though. It's something you should remember to ask about when you enter the next dimension aftet death.
Janice (7 stories) (248 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-01-06)
Yeah, Martin, I guess your right, it does sound hard to believe, but it could be true. I do know that spirits and ghosts and stuff can take on many shapes, so why would this be false? well, I still don't really know, but I'm getting more to the believing this story side. I do also think that this person is honest, but really somethings could be kind of hard to believe but many people think that way about my stories and other ones so I guess that's not wrong, I mean, it could get the author mad, which I'm really sorry. I'm still thinking of this story, which means I'm not just assuming it's false, I could be the wrong one.
Martin (602 posts) mod
 
17 years ago (2007-01-03)
I agree this story is difficult to believe and sounds far fetched, but I will assume the person is honest and consider that entities of some sort can probably take many shapes and appear in different ways.. sometimes depending on who is perceiving them and their personal subconscious, even funny ones. But I would not be surprised if this story brings a lot of skeptics.
Janice (7 stories) (248 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-01-03)
wow, some wierd cartoon appearing in your house. I don't know, I mean, I'm not saying I don't believe you, because you could be completely right about this but are you sure you weren't like imagining it up or something? You weren't dreaming? I am totally not gonna say that you are wrong, but it just seams kinda.....wierd. I'm sorry if I'm making you feel like you wanna punch me in the face, right now, but oh, I guess you are right(are you sure you didn't just imagine this or make it up?) well I'm not gonna judge you, I'm not gonna dictate. I'm just asking. I do believe in ghosts and angels and spirits also..but this..I don't know, but you could be right and I'm not not 100% not gonna judge you about this or tease you or something.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: