You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Haunting

Real Ghost Stories

The Haunting

 

Ten years ago, when I was 19, I met a girl (Lyn) at a job placement agency, and quickly became friends. Lyn lived with another girl at the time and continued to complain about her roommate and ended up leaving and coming to stay with me and my family. After a few weeks, we decided to get a place of our own, and quickly found a nice basement apartment. Lyn was into the occult, nothing major just tarot cards, burning candles, etc, which never bothered me.

About a month after we moved in, the landlord (Susan) came down to the basement one afternoon to do laundry and the three of us somehow got onto the topic of ghosts. Susan mentioned she thought the place was haunted by her deceased mother among others, but the thought of ghosts never really bothered me, maybe due to a slight disbelief.

Two weeks later at around 12am, Lyn came into my room and woke me up. "There are ghosts in this place and they don't like you very much, so I would watch myself if I were you" is what she said to me at the foot of my bed, then left. Slightly disturbed and confused by this strange announcement, I got and went into her room to find her fast asleep. At first I though maybe she was pretending to be asleep and it was a prank, or maybe I was crazy and imagined I heard her saying that, but the next morning when confronted she claimed she didn't remember saying that so I wrote it off as a weird dream.

Then about 3 weeks later, the two of us were watching TV at night before bed. I had to get up for work at 5am so I decided to go to bed early. Something woke me up at about 2am, not a person but "something" snapped me out of my sleep and I awoke to an overwhelming uneasy feeling of not being alone. I felt the need to get out of my bedroom, so I got up and went to the bathroom, but still uneasy, and not comfortable enough to return to bed, went into the living room to watch TV. About 10-15 minutes later, the living room suddenly got very cold and I felt a rush of wind passing my cheek, in my ear, like a window was open but all windows and doors were closed as it was the middle of winter. Then I began hearing an almost chattering or whispering in my ear and the whispering continued and was circling around me, almost taunting me. I was hearing voices but nothing was there and it got louder and kept circling around me. I started to panic. I kept saying stop unaware of what was happening to me, but scared to death! Was I hallucinating?

I was so scared I did the only thing I could think of, I prayed to god, and not being a religious person by any means I prayed something fierce. "Please god make it stop, I'm scared. Please make it stop!" when all of a sudden everything stopped. The chattering/whispering in my ears and all around me, the rushing of wind, whatever was causing this just suddenly stopped just as mysteriously as it begun and after it stopped, I had this sudden overwhelming sense of relief and I was actually able to get up and go to bed and fall asleep like what I just experienced never happened.

I woke up at 5am, rushed to get ready for work and rushed out of the apartment, relieved to be out of there and I ended up staying at my boyfriends, friends, parents place during the coming weeks, too scared to sleep in the apartment, and eventually ended up moved back home.

I still to this day can't explain what happened to me!

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Jennifer, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Astral184 (1 stories) (53 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-09)
Dear Jennifer; a truly scary experience,
I believe this happened since your friend
dabbles with tarot cards, as these can
sometimes open doors. Without a lecture,I
would like to say that even though you say
you are not 'religious' you prayed and God
answered and the 'entitites' left you alone.
I am sure you are going to remember this for
a long time. 😐
quianas (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-09)
Hello Jennifer,

😲 Wow! I have had some rough experiences so I feel your pain. If this ever happens again try not to show fear and ask firmly who are you and what do you want. If you don't get any type of response demand them to go to the lite and say a strong prayer and mean it. I wish you the best of luck and ask your friend have she had any experiences while you were gone.
sofakingdom808 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-09)
wow that's freaky. I couldn't handle that! I would just move out and scream my head off and run
😐
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-08)
Dear Jennifer,

The apartment was quite possibly haunted with earthbound dead humans or ghosts and your roommate, Lyn may have attracted them to her, because she was opening herself up to the other side. She may have been "warning you" in her astral body, while her earth body slept. The ghosts were trying to communicate with you, and generally they will all come at once, because they are drawn to sensitive, open, living energy in which they use in an attempt to manifest and communicate as they once did when alive.

They usually leave a living human being alone when that human is strong willed, empowered and stands in their own. This is why when a human being is strong in intention the unwanted guests will go away when a human uses words, beliefs, tools and rituals of their choosing. It is important to be empowered in all areas of one's self and life, and to love oneself unconditionally (warts and all). They also leave those alone who deny them and give them no credence. In other words those who do not believe in them or in ghosts.

You are better off now out of that situation. It was but one experience in your life and may you look at it as a learning experience.--Abby
Qtgrly111 (2 stories) (58 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-08)
Wow this is something I could never be able to go through. Ask you friend for some more information. Like why she thinks this happened. She could have the answers.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: