You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Laying in Bed

Real Ghost Stories

Laying in Bed

 

Now I consider myself a sane person. What I am about to tell you is the God's honest truth that just happened to me at around 1:44 AM that is going to keep me up for the rest of the night. I was lying in bed just looking straight across the room when all of a sudden I heard the wind pick up. I swear to god I felt a strong breeze. I got freezing cold. Then it went black.

I became petrified. I felt a feeling that I can't explain. A presence. It felt as though someone was sitting on top of me. Resting on my stomach. I was able to think clearly and knew what was going on. I didn't panic because I felt that this thing didn't want to hurt me. It seemed gentle but made me feel uncomfortable and I asked it to leave. It did.

That's when I realized why I couldn't see because it was right in my face and as it left I could see a completely black shadow just vanish into thin air above me. As soon as I was able to move I jumped out of bed, turned on the light and prayed. I checked the thermostat and tried to make sense of the situation. But I couldn't, the thermostat read 80F. The more I think about it, the more it freaks me out. All I know is that it happened and it wasn't a dream.

I've had nightmares but they never made me feel uneasy to go back to sleep. I wish it were a dream.

Other hauntings by NickT

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Jersey

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, NickT, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

sarah12375 (2 stories) (32 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-17)
Freaky... The exact (basically) thing happened to me last night; though you took it way more calmly then I did 😁 I'm still freaked out.
WaterxBlessings (5 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-17)
Okay many people on this site are having misunderstandings with this situatian, I'm just going to copy and paste my explation last time. If ou having anything to say please feel free to E-mail me at Mrs.Lovett2336 [at] yahoo.com (I say E-mail because I just started this to explain to people what they don't seem to understand. If you don't believe me do research on Luicid dreaming).
Hey, I really hope you read this. I'm not very old, but have read many things on ghosts. I'm still confuzed of my own ghpsts meanings, but yours may not be a ghost. It very well could be a state of Luicid dreaming. It seems unliklet because you don;t recall falling asleep, but that's a reason why it's posable. I had the same problem, thinking it was a ghost then cam across nothing, but about Lucid dreaming and others making the same mistake. The reason you can't move or speak is because you are about to fall asleep and your brain doesn't really reach your body. The muffled moans are for the same reason. The first tie it happened to me I freaked, and tried to scream for help. I thought it was pinning me down gripping my wrists. Freaking out is a very bad thing, since your going to a dream state, your mind can create what's not really there. For a very long time my brother had fallen for the same trick and a dark ghost girl fiqure appeared at his beds end. I saw an arm crawling across the floor. My brotherwould pray in his mind, beleving this would free him, it managed to work.
You can take advantage of your state by closing your eyes and (my brothers way, you may find it easier differently) imaging pictures, pull youself into one. Now you will be Lucid dreaming (aware of dreaming) and can contral everything around you (as long as you believe so 100%, this explains why I saw things and felt something touching my wrists).
This is most likely what occuring, but the chances of a ghost doing it as well are still possable.
kokumi (13 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-08)
Hello NickT,

I would be scared in that state but you took it quite well. I would go with Shane's suggestions. You can try saying a prayer every night before you sleep (whether it's about the entity or yourself), if it will help. Have a nice day. 😊
pahaunted (6 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-12)
Hey Nick,
I'd love to chat with you about what's going on there. Are you still experiencing this phenomena? Does it follow you anywhere else in your life? Email me at pahaunted [at] yahoo.com and I may be able to help you with your problem...
Thanks,

David
NickT (3 stories) (2 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-10)
Thanks Shane, I would really appreciate the help or opinions of people. I asked a close friend of mine about it. He showed me an article on Wiki about sleep Paralysis (REM)and how its all in my head. I thought that I was going crazy and appreciated the article he showed me and all my worries seemed to vanish. Until the next night came and every night since then.
I can't sleep. As I lay in bed waiting to fall asleep I keep getting this feeling of being watched. As I soon as I close my eyes I get over come by this amazing yet very uncomfortable emotion that is just to intense for words. I know now its only a matter a time until it happens again. I'll try the salt and the incense. I went and bought a cross to wear and a crucifix to hang over my bed. I really need this to end.
Thank you for publishing my story
Regards,
Nick
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-10)
There are many things you can do to protect yourself from unwanted entities attacking you as you are sleeping or about to go to sleep. One would be putting a circle of salt around your bed. Another would be to burn some lavender incense before going to bed. The third would be having the home blessed or a Native American Cleansing ceremony perform on it.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: