You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Grandpa Says Hello

Real Ghost Stories

Grandpa Says Hello

 

(Sorry if I tend to drift off topic a lot. It's a bad habit of mine...) So I have always had experiences with the paranormal. Ever since I could remember it's always been a part of my life. I don't really feel scared of it as much as I used to be, I mean sure it can be scary for me at times but not so much anymore compared to when I was about four.

My grandpa died when I was about 6-8 years old. A week after my birthday... Yes! He died a week after my birthday! I loved and cared more about him then ANYONE else in my family. He was the only one who could make me happy and KEEP me happy! As for everyone else. It was always a lose-lose situation, on some occasions win-lose. But anyways...

Ever since he died I've felt alone, my grandma got re-married a few months later (I know. Moved on a little TOO fast and to be honest. Almost everyone hates her new husband... I mean. Hate him enough we don't even consider him "grandpa" my dad doesn't really consider him "father" either...)

That was about a good 10-8 years ago when he died. And for anyone who knows me, including family, I never cry unless it has to do with my grandpa. So you can only imagine what my reaction was when this happened...

About a year ago, I was woken up at about 5AM, I felt kind of uncomfortable so I just thought to get a glass of water to calm myself down from whatever I was feeling. My dad was sleeping as well as my mom. Both my brothers had work that morning too so they were passed out. In the house we have a picture of my grandpa in the hallway that connects the three of us kids bedrooms. When I open my door I have a clear view of the picture. And so when I woke up. I opened the door only to realize that the picture was gone. I started to freak out thinking it might have fallen off and broke or something but no, I walked into the kitchen and found it sitting dead center on our kitchen table. Just laying there. I almost burst into tears because from my past I've had in the house I live in, there's no way it would have been a simple prank my brothers pulled. Like I said, everyone was fast asleep.

After calming myself down to stop from crying, I just brushed it off and put the picture back on the hook in the hallway. Went back to bed and didn't wake up again until about noon. I walked back into the hallway and nobody was at home. It was just me, kind of. The picture is hanging straight across the door of the bathroom, so every time you open that door, you can see it dead on. At first it was hanging nice and pretty. I had straightened it out before I went into the bathroom and as I opened the door to leave it was completely tilted. Like not even a slight tilt. Full up tilted.

For about a week straight every time I straightened that picture out it would ALWAYS end up getting tilted again. Even my mom started to notice it. I told her about how I found the picture on the table before so she knew exactly what I was thinking. Both me and my mom had grown up with sensitivity to the paranormal. It's mostly linked to my grandmother on my moms side. She was a gypsy in her younger years. Not like the crazy party all day and night gypsies you see, she was the kind who did palm reading, crystal ball, tarot cards and all that jazz. She also had a hard life growing up so the negativity got a hold of her and now she is well... Simply put psychic. I mean it's gotten weaker with age but it's still there. And it became a kind of genetic I guess you could say, my mom had it and now I have it too. But that'll come up in further stories.

But yea, judge for yourself. Picture of my dead grandpa moving around the house. The picture tilting every time you straighten it out. Knowing that nobody including you is doing it. It's a little creepy and odd if you ask me.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Nicole_Alec_123, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

kestralflightwarriors (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-23)
My grandfather died the day BEFORE my birthday...:/ I know how crummy that feels. My grandpa appears in my dreams, etc. A lot. We were really close before he died and he said I was the light of his life:)
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-02-17)
Nicole_Alec - not to argue with you, but nails can, and do, fall out of walls. They also slip down, making a picture tilt, tip and/or fall. It happens all the time. 😉
Nicole_Alec_123 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-17)
[at] Miracles51031

Yes I have asked everyone about it. And We don't use hangers. We use nails. That way they can't slip out of the wall and fall to the ground. Besides. For the picture to be on the wall when everyone was awake. And then some how manage to be moved to the other side of the house at 5-6 AM when everyone but myself was sleeping... I have no other explanation for that. Nothing normal at least.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-02-16)
Nicole_Alec - I know you want to believe the picture moving from the wall to the kitchen table is paranormal, but have you asked everyone, and I do mean everyone not just your mom, in your house if they moved it?

Because the picture tilts, maybe someone took it down until a new hanger could be bought or found to rehang the picture. I do that whenever there is a chance that one of my pictures can fall off the wall and break. I take it down and set it somewhere. I'd much rather do that than take a chance on it falling and the glass shattering and someone getting cut from the broken glass.

Make sure you can definitely eliminate the normal explanations. Once you've done that, and there is no possible way someone living and breathing is responsible, then there might be something paranormal.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: