You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Boyfriend's Follower

Real Ghost Stories

Boyfriend's Follower

 

My boyfriend was never one to be jumpy about ghosts. He never overacted over anything like that. A simple guy, just being a young adult. Then one night he calls me, talking about him hearing strange noises at his friend's house. We laughed it off and thought nothing of it. Later on in the week it happened again where he spent the night with his friend and the noises continued. His friend told him it never happened when my boyfriend wasn't around.

Well, that night he was telling me while he was walking home he felt he was being watched. As my boyfriend told me what happened next, I knew he was afraid of something. Like I said, this is a guy who rarely overacts, so to hear the terror in his voice was a shocker.

My boyfriend told me when he came home, he saw something. At first he thought it was just his imagination, but then it showed up in plain sight. Though to him that night, it was just a fog or smoke-like being. He told me he couldn't move. It was freezing around the fog as it drifted closer to him, until it just disappeared. This really freaked him out, and to the point he slept with the lights on. He told him that things would just dip over or get knocked off the dresser for no reason.

I, at first, never took him seriously. Teasing him and picking on him about being followed by a ghost. It took me going over there for me to really see how much my boyfriend was bothered by all this. While I was there, he went out and his sister came over. We were talking, and in the bathroom it sounded like everything fell. As if someone knocked over all the shampoo into the tub. We jumped and went to see what happened. When we went in there, nothing was knocked over. The two of us just laughed it off and went back to talking. I decided not to tell my boyfriend, not wanting to bother him about the subject. Weeks and months passed and, well, my boyfriend just stopped talking about it. As if it died down. Oh how I was wrong.

My boyfriend and I decided to move over two hours away. He was happy and I teased that his "Stalker Ghost" couldn't follow him. Now thinking back, I wish I wouldn't have teased him so much. At first nothing happened, but then little odd noises started popping up. I merely blamed it on our pets and shrugged it off. Then one night the two of us were watching a movie and it sounded like someone was downstairs walking around. It completely freaked my boyfriend and we decided to go down and see what it was. It couldn't have been our dog or cat since they both were in the room with us. Going downstairs there was nothing.

My boyfriend is in the military and is away a lot. This is when the experiences started happening to me. At first it was like before, just noises and little things. One night I was watching TV and had my lights off. A light shot from one end of the room to the other. I told myself I was only tired. It happened two other times, before I started having these weird dreams. They all had this woman in them. My mother came to stay with me for a little while during some rockiness in her life. She began to have the dreams about this same woman. Weird right?

Now just recently the most horrifying thing happened to me. I couldn't believe it, and I wouldn't doubt if you did either. It happened though and I'll never forget it. My house is a big circle downstairs. The stairway is right in front of the front door. Leads upstairs to a hall. The stairs are completely open to the living room and you can actually see most of the house from the top of the stairs. As you can see our bedroom door downstairs and some of the hall. The bathroom is right across from our bedroom, so if the light is on, it will show against our door.

It was early in the morning between five or six a.m. I went downstairs to get some water. I had the feeling like I was being watched. I stayed in the kitchen for about 10 minutes straightening up. When I decided to go back to the room something caught my eye. I looked over to my stairs right at the wall at the stairs and the hall upstairs was a woman. The same one from my dreams. I dropped my water and stared back at her. I was so afraid, and I just wanted to blink and it be gone. I even closed my eyes and she was still there when I opened them. I saw her dark brown hair that reached to her mid-chest. She had pale skin and dark eyes. Maybe a deep brown; she was too far for me to really tell. She didn't look dead, nor did she look like a ghost. She just looked at me and I felt this overwhelming sadness to the point I cried. After about a few minutes she just turned around and walked down the hall. I couldn't bring myself to go upstairs. I remember I called my boyfriend crying and telling him I saw a ghost.

I don't know if this is the ghost that followed my boyfriend months before, though it's the only thing I can think of. He told me not to be scared of it, and just to not let it bother me. Though I can't help but to think that some spirit followed my boyfriend all the way here to our new place and now is just sticking around. The thought of having a spirit of a woman who isn't shy to show herself just makes me nervous. Since now I get scared to walk around that corner in my house. I feel nervous whenever I stand in the hall.

I don't want to see this again. I wish I knew how to rid my house of whatever this is. She only gives me nightmares and a creepy feel, but I hate it. I want to know why it is here and if this is the same spirit.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, cheesypuffeater, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

night_day (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-18)
Maybe that ghost is in love with your boyfriend and is jealous of you, that's why it is giving you nightmares and trying to scare you. I will just tell you not to let your fears overcome you and to try the following.
Sprinkle salt water in the four corners of every room in your house. This might repel the ghost.
ZiShu (281 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-17)
It's bs when people talk about past lovers following people around. I have rarely seen this to be true so far or even heard it from others who is connected to the spiritual world where it becomes physical for them as well.
This woman may not even be human.
The best way to find out about this being is speak to them yourself.
Try not to be afraid, ask her questions in your dream or the physical world.
So far she doesn't seem to want to hurt you.
Does your pets react in a good or bad way to her?
If you are really afraid, I will let one of my friends who has abilities to speak to her for you and see if we can get to the bottom of this.
Kryodrache (3 stories) (108 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-17)
[at] Lulu

Not every woman is out there looking for love, living nor dead, I would assume. That's a stereotype we've been put under since the beginning of time. Its possible she was looking for help, or is possibly even a family member.
WReck72 (1 stories) (116 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-15)
Other than being rather unnerving having ghost that follow you isn't in it's self a bad thing. I had what I think was 2 (could have been 1) follow me for some time then once when I was moving I simple asked them to stay at my old house and I have never had any contact with them sense. When they were following me they never did anything more then let me know they were around. That's not quite true they did scare the hell out of my ex wife a few times. Sense things ended so horribly between the 2 of us it now amuses me greatly they they would make them selves know to the extent that she would leave for work with out doing her hair and only having her make up half done.
Your boy friend may be telling you to just ignore her because he has realized that she's not any sort of threat. There is also a small chance she's a banshee, based on your boyfriends nationality. Despite their poor reputation the original banshee lore pretty much just says they are guardian spirits that watch over a family and the banshee wailing is only a omen of death because they see the death of a family member in the future and know there is nothing they can do to prevent it and that's why they are crying.
Petersspirit (4 stories) (144 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-02-15)
Hi Cheesypuffeater,

What do you see when she appears to you in both you guy's dreams? Both you and your mother dreamt of her and you said it are nightmares which she gives you... The death make use of our sleep state to contact us when they're around. So perhaps she's trying to talk to you this way. I think it would be a good thing to, during the daytime, speak to her. Tell her to stop scaring you becaus you just don't like that. Ghosts, life of another level, can hear us. If you tell her to let go of whatever is keeping her earthbound, that she has to move on, the chanse is great that she will. Then there comes a feeling of joy and liberation over you, I know.

Thank you for your sharing, I hope I've helped a little and keep us updated.

Peter,
LuLu (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-15)
that's quite bothering... Why would a ghost of a woman follow your boyfriend around and now is sticking with you? Could the woman be a past lover of your boyfriend? You should ask him this...and...there's also a possibility that ghost can start to grow feelings for the living 😲...but I'm no expert xD but it's worth to ask 😐

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: