You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: I Saw My Second Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

I Saw My Second Ghost

 

Among my group of friends, I am only the single one. Many of them are married, engaged, or dating. So my closest and dearest friends decided that it would be their jobs to "help" me find a boyfriend of marriage material. This ghost story happened when my friend Mary decided it would be nice to set me up with a date for Valentine Day. (Oh, Happy Valentine's Day to YGS readers!) Mary's fiancé wasn't too happy about the setup. (The guy, Raj, had recently broken up with his girlfriend and also he has a fascination with the paranormal and Boris (Mary's fiancé) thought it wouldn't a good idea to set me up with him.)

Anyway, since both Raj and I would be busy on Valentine's Day, we decided to go on a dinner date on Saturday. As we got talking, we got to know about each other and he told me about his broken relationship and one of the things that his former girlfriend didn't like about him was that he was interested in the paranormal. It wasn't like he was obsessed but she didn't like it and among other things, she dumped him because of it. At this point, I became interested and I told him that I, too, was interested in the paranormal and I don't know what got me going but I told him the stories that I have told everyone here on YGS. He became interested and we kind of hit it off. After dinner, we went to watch a movie, and then out of the blue, Raj asked if I wanted to go see the Hockey Hall of Fame here in Toronto. I was like yeah sure. I hadn't been there in so long and with its history, we wanted to see if we could catch a sight of Dorothy.

The story of the Hockey Hall of Fame is that before the HHF came to the location, it was the Bank of Montreal for about 100 years. The story goes that Dorothea Mae Elliott shot and killed herself at the age of 19-years-old on the second floor bathroom of the bank using the bank's revolver. (Here is the link to the full story in the Toronto Star: http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey/nhl/article/718662--hockey-hall-of-fame-ghost-revealed-at-last.) There have been many rumours about why she killed herself, with one of them being that she was having an affair with the bank manager.

We went into the Hockey Hall of Fame and were given a tour of the place. Then we were left alone to take a look around. The chills started for the both of us as came closer to the stairs leading to the stairs leading to the second floor. At the foot of the stairs, the atmosphere was thick. You know the feeling one would get when you know something is going to happen; that's how it felt. The air was so thick. Raj felt the atmosphere change and a chilling breezing. I, on the other hand, caught sight of something. I'm not going to say that I saw Dorothy because I'm not sure. I saw a flash of a long black hair and a light coloured dress. I want to put it off as knowing the history of the building and knowing what happened to Dorothy and that forced my imagination into overdrive, but gut feeling says that isn't true. I saw something but I'm not sure what it was. But the feeling was mutual about the air Raj and I were breathing; it was thick and heavy like it happens before a heavy rain storm.

Raj finally said that we had to leave because he couldn't stand it in there. Being the "curiosity killed the cat" type, I wanted to investigate and validate myself that I actually saw what I saw and that it wasn't my imagination or that of building operators. But Raj wasn't taking any of it and wanted to get a move on it. So, we left. But I'll definitely be back to investigate, either by myself or with friends. History has always interested me and this building has been one of them and thanks to Raj, I have become interested in it again.

As for Raj, we decided to be just friends because I don't think the man is ready for a relationship.

If anyone comes to Toronto to visit, I would suggest visiting the Hockey Hall of Fame.

Other hauntings by geetha50

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, geetha50, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

destyni (14 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-18)
i would love to do an investigation there it sounds really fun
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-18)
Geetha,
Great narrative! I have a slightly different take on what happened with Raj though... I have a feeling he saw her too. But as so often is the case with some people, when they do finally get a glimpse of the 'real deal', something comes over them that even they never expected. That gut feeling hits them in the gut so hard they have only one thing on their mind, and that is to get far away fast. They will be kicking themselves about it later on, but they know if they don't put some distance between it and them it could get ugly.
Look at the bright side, if that is what occurred, and he does confess to seeing her (don't hold your breath), you're pretty close to validation!
Sorry, I don't mean it to sound as if I am making fun of Raj, I am not. However, something must have happened. After all, it was his idea to go there and that was out of the blue too. Why else would he have changed so quickly? That makes no sense...
Let me know what you think, I can take it. 😊

Jav ❤
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-02-17)
Geetha - hey there😊 It must have been very disappointing not to have been able to validate your experience right at that time, because who knows what the next trip will be like. Conditions may be completely wrong, but I hope not! I hope you get to see her and prove to yourself that you saw exactly what, and who, you saw that time.

As for Raj? Hmmph! For someone who claimed to be interested in the paranormal, he certainly didn't seem to be as interested as you, did he? I guess he had his reasons for not wanting to stick around, but it would have been nice if he'd have put on his "big boy" pants and stayed long enough to help you prove or disprove the experience. Imagine... It would have been a story for him to tell too. Not just you.
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-16)
Hi geetha,
What a shame, that you were not allowed to satisfy your curiosity. It seems as if you might have been 'on a roll'! 😉 Men can be so whimsical, when you least expect it.
Great story, I hope you will have better luck, next time around.
mellybarr (4 stories) (46 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-16)
Hi geetha50.

I live in Richmond Hill and my company had their Christmas party there last year. We went in through the mall entrance and into the HOF from bottom floor (looked sort of like a cinema entrance). You know the part where you see all the jerseys and paraphernalia, scoring rinks and conference rooms? I don't recall seeing an upper level apart from the mall side of the spectrum. Can you tell me where you saw Dorothy? I'm really curious as I'm taking some guests from out of town there next month and would like to investigate.

Great story and insightful link. Thank you!

Mel

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: