You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Rest In Peace?

Real Ghost Stories

Rest In Peace?

 

Me and my older stepsister, Kayleigh, have had a strange experience, it's happened to me more than Kayleigh. We started noticing cold chills around the house, along with tapping, loud bangs, the loft ladders falling down a few times, drawers opening in the loft, and scratches on the loft walls.

Me and Kayleigh are the only ones in the house who experience things, and no one else in the house believes in paranormal things. We started noticing things in August 2011, in the six weeks summer break from school. Me and Kayleigh are like magnets. We're always together. We're the closest in the house. We have never fallen out and generally do most things together. I was beginning to wonder, maybe that's why this paranormal stuff only happens to us two. It happens to us when we're either alone in the house, if it's just me and Kayleigh or it happens late at night in our room/our loft. We started noticing cold spots around the house, and sometimes they'd be warm and change to cold instantly. We found a cold spot right between my bed and Kayleigh's bed.

One night, my little stepsister was asleep and me and Kayleigh were the last ones to go upstairs because we'd been watching a film. We crept into the room silently, cautious not to wake Taylor up, and when we got in bed I felt my feet go cold for a second, then I looked at my stepsister and she said she felt the same. But we ignored it and went to sleep.

In my dream I heard whispering but I can't remember anything else from it, just the stern sound of the whisper. I woke up at 4:00 AM and heard the same whisper straight in my ear. I ignored it, turned over and went back to sleep. Then when I woke up again at 6:15 AM I felt something lift off me, as if it had been lying on me whilst I was sleeping. I didn't feel cold at that moment, or unusually warm. It's happened to me many times, and happened to Kayleigh once. She didn't feel cold or warm when it happened either.

Also, some days we wake up with scratches on our legs, stomach, back, neck and sometimes face. Most of the time the scratches look like claw scratches from a cat, very fine cuts, not deep. There are three scratches next to each other, and we know this isn't our cat because our cat is outside at night, and isn't allowed upstairs anyway.

Please leave any thoughts, comments and opinions. Thanks to anyone who does. I'd be glad if anyone has any advice as to how we can find out more!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, demonic_harmony97, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

demonic_harmony97 (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-21)
Rook,

No problem about the reply, thanks for yours too.
About the warm spot by the fridge, I considered it to be paranormal because I checked the area a few times and everyday for 5days, and sometimes it was unusually warm, other times it was room temperature or just slightly warm from the heat given off by the generator. Sometimes if I put my hand by the warm spot I could feel an unpleasant presence.

I get this presence quite a lot, as if something's there watching me. When I thought about this presence deeply, I imagined a shadowy male figure stood watching me. He really reminded me of a 'typical Londoner' from years ago, the type you see in Oliver Twist with a top hat, long black jacket and a smart suit, except he had none of those. I have no idea why because I couldn't see his features clearly, just a shadowy figure, but he just reminded me of an old-day Londoner.

I did some research on poltergeists and some of what I found related to some of the things me and my stepsister experience. Some are only small things like items going missing items, we put them down somewhere, later we need them and they're missing, a few days later they turn up in a totally different place and no-one else touched them or saw them. Kayleigh used to keep some of her clothes in some drawers in the loft, and everytime she (or we) went up there to get her clothes, some of the drawers were open, even though we had shut them properly (and they are quite heavy drawers to move). Also, as I mentioned before, the Roxanne doll moving around up there.

I will continue my research because I'm keen to find out more now... Haha it's drawn me in.

Me and my stepsister spoke about keeping a journal and she said she's just as committed as I am. We haven't started yet because nothing has happened for a couple of days but as soon as something does we'll write it down. Thanks for that idea.

Respectfully;

Jess (DH) 😊
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-20)
DH,
Thanks for the reply, sorry my response is a bit 'late'...

The 'warm' spot you feel (felt) could be caused by the fridge itself as it is an electrical appliance and does need to vent 'heat' and you may have felt that as a draft. Just a 'mundane' idea as we do not want to jump to the conclusion that everything is paranormal.

As far as things happening to you and your stepsister when you are in separate locations may be an indication that the 'activity' is driven more by both of your 'internal changes' rather than 'spirit activity'. I like the fact that you said you were going to research poltergeist activity and 'compare notes' so to speak. I hope you and your step sister have begun to keep a journal so all the facts can be reviewed and compared.

If it seems that this activity is a spirit rather than 'emotional energy' (for lack of a better term) I have a Shielding/Cleansing method I use for my Home and Family I will gladly share with you and your stepsister.

Respectfully,

Rook
demonic_harmony97 (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-18)
zzsgranny,

I have sent you an email with 5 pictures attached to it, 2 pictures of Roxanne, a pictures of the green storage box we put her in before, and 2 pictures of some scratches I woke up with this morning. I hope you get the email, if you don't, please say and I'll re-send the email. As I said in a previous comment, if anyone else would like me to send them the same email, please just ask!

Thanks

Jess (DH) 😁
demonic_harmony97 (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-17)
Aha, I don't know, I've never been one for liking dolls haha. I had hundreds of Barbies when I was younger, but I still preferred to play with my brother's Action Man hehe. My older step-sister has a doll from when she was really young, she kept it because it was from her grandad who passed away, and the same with my little step-sister (except she has about 4 dolls including Roxanne).

Sounds kind of weird but I think there's something to do with that chair too... Before Roxanne was put up there, the chair was all dusty, then me and my step-sister started going up there for time away from the family, and we noticed a patch on the chair where the dust had been moved. The patch was no specific shape, no legs marks, no finger/hand prints and none of the dust had been moved off the back of the chair. Then we noticed scratch marks in the dust that match the scratches we wake up with sometimes.

Jess (DH) 😊
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-02-17)
DH: πŸ˜†She sounds like a lot of fun!...All she wanted was to sit in the dang chair πŸ˜†...I think you should feel comforted that she was holding the beads... Looking forward to your e-mail... 😊
demonic_harmony97 (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-17)
Doesn't seem stupid to me, sure, as soon as I go to my dad's tomorrow, I'll get a picture and send it via email.

I hate that doll... Me and my step-sister have noticed it move around quite a bit in the loft. There's a green storage box containing books and pens up there, and me and my step-sister were playing cards in the loft one day (we kind of use it as our private social space). When we went up we put Roxanne on top of the box, and the next day when we went up, the doll was sitting on a leather chair we have up there. So my step-sister buried it under all the books, and shut the lid properly in the box. Later when we went up the doll was back on the chair but everything was perfectly the same in the box, as if the doll had been taken out from underneath the box, not affecting the position of the books. My step-sister put a hat over
Roxanne's face, and I put the doll on the floor in the corner, behind the leather chair... Surely enough, when we went back up again, the doll was back on the chair, wearing the hat normally, holding my step-sister's rosary beeds in one hand! Now we leave it on the chair, and it doesn't seem to move much, just the head turns a little sometimes.
If anyone else would like me to send the picture, please ask!

Jess (DH)
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
12 years ago (2012-02-17)
DH97: I know this sounds like a really stupid request, but is there any way I could get you to e-mail me a photo of your sister's "Roxanne" doll?...
demonic_harmony97 (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-17)
Venky,

I can't move out, seeing as I'm not old enough to do so, and it seems wherever I go, I still experience things anyway. I am not at all religious, but my older step-sister is a Christian-Catholic, she has some rosary bears from her Holy Communion. We put them in our loft, and then the next day we went up there, and my little stepsister's plastic Roxanne doll was holding the rosary beads.

Rook,

Wow, correct, I'm 14, my step-sister turned 16 at the end of January. I will do some research on poltergeists and see if anything relates to the activity we experienced. It's quite unusual, it seems like there's only one 'entity' causing all of this. See, my mom lives on the same street as my dad, about 10 houses down the road. I stay at my dad's for a week, then on a sunday, I go to my mom's for the following week, etc... When I'm at my mom's, I talk to my stepsister on facebook or phone, she'd be saying things are happening up at my dad's, and at the same time things would be happening to me. I have searched around my mom's house, found a warm spot right between the door and the fridge. I spend most of my time isolated in my room, and my male cat comes in and sits on top of my wardrobe, staring behind the door. Quite often in the night, my door comes open even though it's kind of stiff to open. My female cat comes in during the day and stratches on the wardrobe door, so I open the door for her, then she stares inside for a few minutes and walks off. It's all quite confusing to us. Also I'll keep a diary of things that happen from now. I had a bad dream lately, I'm not sure if it's relevent to any of this but yeah...

Thanks;

Jess (DH)
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-02-16)
venky,

Your advice is to move out? I'm sure the teenage O/P and her teenage stepsister are prepared for just that.

DH,

Please ignore the ignorance of some comments. I'd like to ask a couple of questions...

You are a teenager... My guess 13/14? That makes your step-sister 15/16?

I ask because there is a chance this may be poltergeist activity... Which may be caused by an actual spirit or it may be 'physical manifestations' of the energy produced from you and your stepsisters changing bodies.

In either case you should notice more activity during certain times of the month... These will also grow less as both of you 'complete' puberty.

I suggest keeping a Journal... It will help to preserve details of any and all activity and allow you to determine and 'commonalities' between experiences... Things like, time of day or night... Time of month... Just what is happening, It can also help eliminate some of the things that might have natural causes. Just a few thoughts. Please keep us updated.

Respectfully,

Rook
venky (1 stories) (48 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-02-16)
Your house is haunted so try to move out somewhere else before it starts with your little sister. If its your own house then try to bring some photos of god and do whatever nessesary. Now things are little bit in control but can be worse with time!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: