You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Michael

Real Ghost Stories

Michael

 

I've been experiencing paranormal encounters for as long as I can remember. But this one is probably one of the most unique experiences I've ever encountered. This one is recent, so I will be taking advantage of this encounter, while it's still fresh in my memory.

My mother had a friend named Michael, she always used to hang out with as a young adult. He was a tall skinny guy, who had worked for the U.S. Military (I forgot what exactly).

One night he and my mother were hanging out doing pretty much whatever. They were in his car, when my mother got out of the car for the night. Then it happened. I'm not exactly sure what happened, but I was told he was inside of his car too long with the windows rolled up. This causing lack of ventilation, which built up carbon monoxide. And with the lack of oxygen...Death. When Michael died, it was snowing...

About a decade and a half later (Year: 1996), I was born. To my surprise my mother had named my middle name after Michael. Right then and there, Michael had become a part of my person.

Now back to the present! What you are about to read had happened a week ago of today. It was a regular cloudy mid-winter day, with the messed up weather we're having in the Berkshires we haven't had any snow lately so, our local bicycle trail (path) was clear. My mother lost her car about a year ago, and I stepped up to the plate and offered to do some grocery shopping for us with my bike (at least until we can get a car).

So I was on my way down to the middle of the trail (I live about one neighborhood away from the trail. And I lived near the middle of the trail). As I entered on to the nice, smooth path, My eye caught something up ahead. What I was seeing was probably about a good 100 yards. I'm no yard stick, so I know that's wrong. I saw a nice tall "something."

It took me a while to figure out what was up ahead, as I resumed riding, at a deteriorating decreasing speed, I became more skeptical of what I was seeing...

I wiped both of my eyes for specs, dust, tears, you name it. After practically giving my self pink eye, this figure I was seeing was rocking back and forth, left to right on two feet. It looked as if it was wearing a white sheet something. The more I rode toward the figure, tensions grew, the presence got stronger, and stronger.

Then I stopped. At this time it was about 5:00PM, about the time dusk made an appearance. Where I had stopped was on one side of a small bridge, I mean small enough for a car to go through without a problem (Town vehicles go through and clean the trail). At this point I was about 25 - 40 yards away from this figure.

I'm a medium, so I was able to detect that this was Michael. I stopped in the first place because he was calling my name. Right then, and there I can see him just as well as you can see yourself and he's calling my name! My body poured with shock, as if I was paralyzed. Nope, still can move everything. At this point I didn't know what to do.

I thought to myself, "...I don't know who, or even what that is... Calling my name..." So I turned around, as his voice growing slightly louder, as he yelled my name. He had a heavy voice, like that African-American guy that does all of those All State commercials. Except, Michael was Caucasian.

"I'll just take a different route" I thought to myself. The entire time I took making that shopping trip, I couldn't stop thinking about what I had seen. Sooner or later in my local grocery store, it smacked me at the back of the head. It was Michael! At the time of the sighting I couldn't make out if it was Michael or not.

Later I told my mother what happened, she didn't know what to really make of it, but she beleived me. She told me that Michaels favorite kind of Gatorade was the blue kind.

The next day at school, I open my locker (I don't lock up my locker) and the first thing that stood out was an almost empty blue Gatorade bottle, all set up and everything...

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Massachusetts

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MrMcmigedy, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

MrMcmigedy (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-25)
[at] Moongrim, That's what my mother told me, either believe me or Michael's spirit likes the blue kind.
Micha_1998 (1 stories) (16 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-19)
You said "She told me that Michaels favorite kind of Gatorade was the blue kind."
What, did she randomly blurt this out to you? Unless you can explain why she said that, I believe the story except for the end part with the Gatorade. 😐 Good luck and stay safe!
Micha ❤
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-18)
as far as Michaels circumstances of death- he would have had to be running that car in a closed up garage, or would have needed a hose running from the tailpipe into the car- for a young guy to die like that. Your mentioning of snowing that night, I can only assume he was not running the car indoors- and assuming he wasn't suicidal-- running a hose from the exhaust pipe-- the circumstances of his death seem very suspicious.
Girty16 (6 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-18)
so fake if it aint fake than he needs to get his story straight
MandyyNicole (7 stories) (183 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-02-18)
"I'm a medium, so I was able to detect that this was Michael"

And then two paragraphs later...

"At the time of the sighting I couldn't make out if it was Michael or not."
(Not to mention the blue Gatorade fiasco...)

Puh-leese.
Getchyo story straight.
WReck72 (1 stories) (116 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-17)
Just read this story and was thinking the same thing Moongrim pointed out bout the blue Gatorade. I was sure that frost was the 1st to have a blue flavor and it came out while I was in HS, and alpine snow was gross.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-02-17)
Moongrim: I just came back here to say all that LOL 😆...I was trying to remember when the different flavors were introduced, since even orange didn't come out for quite a while after the original lemon/lime...Kudos 😊
mellybarr (4 stories) (46 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-02-17)
I'm just a little confused at how you, being a medium, knew it was him calling you and then in the very next paragraph you didn't know who it was then finally in the paragraph after that you suddenly knew it was Michael.

Good call on the Gatorade Moongrim 🤔
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+6
12 years ago (2012-02-17)
She told me that Michaels favorite kind of Gatorade was the blue kind.

That's a rather intriguing fact. Considering that "Michael" died during the early '80's. And the 'blue' kind of Gatorades weren't introduced until the late '90's.
Frost Glacier Freeze, Frost Riptide Rush, and Frost Alpine Snow (all Blue or Blue-ish) weren't introduced until 1997.
Http://www.twoop.com/food/gatorade.html
MrMcmigedy (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-17)
[at] rookdygin, That was just to prove that the spirit was Michael, than another spirit.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-02-17)
Bluerose,

Gatorade is a Sports Drink that has many different flavors.

I have a question... Why would your mother share with you what Michael's favorite Sports Drink was after you had shared your highly unusual experience with her...

I do not mean to be rude but it sounds as if your trying to 'validate' your story with 'unneeded' details. Had you found the nearly empty bottle and then told her about your entire experience, and she then told you about his favorite drink... That would make more sense...

Could you please confirm the order of these events?

Respectfully,

Rook
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-02-17)
Bluerose: "Gatorade" is a sports drink here in the States...It's named after the "Florida Gators", a college football team... It was invented by their head coach to replenish minerals lost after heavy physical exertion in the often times brutal Florida heat/humidity...
Bluerose19 (3 stories) (164 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-17)
MrMcmigedy:She told me that Michaels favorite kind of Gatorade was the blue kind... Can I know what is this 'Gatorade'?...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: