You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My Friend And The Dark Spirit

Real Ghost Stories

My Friend And The Dark Spirit

 

This is the first time I have ever had any kind of negative experience. When I say negative I don't mean it was a demon or anything like that. It's just whatever it was didn't feel good. My friend SaraBeth was with me, so I didn't experience it alone. SaraBeth is my best friend. We understand each other better than anyone else ever could. She tells me things that she never has told anyone else before.

Can a person be haunted, rather than a house? SaraBeth has gone her whole life experiencing stanges things. Whatever it is seems to follow her where ever she goes. She's told me some of the things that have happened to her over the years, and a lot of it is quite disturbing. I believe the things she has told me, but I never gave it much thought until something happened to both of us.

She was spending the night with me a couple of weeks ago, and it was the first time we have seen each other in a while. We were talking and laughing and catching up on things. It was around 2 AM and we were sitting on my bed listening to music. It started out as a normal night, but then the lamp on my dresser went off by itself. I figured the bulb must have burned out so it didn't worry me. The only light source in the room was the light from SaraBeth's laptop. I could see her face and she looked worried. I asked her what was wrong and all she said was that she could feel "it". I was confused and asked her what she was talking about. She told me something had been following her for a few weeks, and this same thing happened to her when she was alone at her sister's house.

All of a sudden, the air seemed to get thick and hard to breathe. Also, I could smell something musty kind of like mildew. Then I heard deep raspy breathing. I looked at SaraBeth and she was sitting very still and staring past me. She whispered to me not to move. Of course, when she said that I freaked out and turned around to see what she was staring at. There was this tall dark figure about 3 feet away from me. It wasn't shaped like a human or any kind of animal. It was just this tall black mass. It was swaying back and forth slowly like it was rocking, and whatever this thing was, it was breathing. We stared at it for a minute, but then it started to get closer and I screamed. When I screamed the lamp came back on and the figure was gone.

SaraBeth was surprisingly calm and she had to calm me down because I was shaking. She told me this had happened to her 3 other times and it never hurt her, but she said that it only comes to her when she is alone. This time it came to both of us. She then showed me some pictures that had been taken of her and the figure is always somewhere in the picture with her.

I don't know what it is and neither does she, but whatever it is it's definately not good. The part that worries me so much is that SaraBeth is too calm about, and she says she expects it to come to her. Ever since she went home it hasn't came back to me and I hope it doesn't because it truly terrifies me. Does anyone know what it could be or what its presence means?

Other hauntings by RoseThorn7

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Georgia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, RoseThorn7, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Sunju (14 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-08)
It is indeed possible for people to be haunted rather than locations. Even items can bring along entities that have become connected to them. It's been a couple of months so I don't know if you're even bothering to check for responses but if so I'd very much like to see those pictures of your friend with the black mass in them. If you could also explain some of her previous encounters, especially events prior to the black mass, then we could more accurately diagnose the problem. Shadow people are rarely encountered while fully awake and even more rarely when other people are around, but if it's one of them then it's simply scary as hell and not really a danger. Control over a physical object, or over the extremely powerful flow of electricity to the lamp, along with it's fixation on your friend, suggests a poltergeist. It could be a normal shadow person displaying an ability I've never encountered or heard of in relation to them, but the fact that it's following your friend, and most of the poltergeist cases I've heard of involve female children or teenagers (though not restricted to that age range / gender), then it is likely something other than a Shadow Person.

Again, more information of events previous to what you've posted or any that have occurred since would be make it much easier to accurately diagnose the situation. If it is a poltergeist then this is a vital piece of information: She is the one creating the phenomenon. Poltergeists likely aren't spirits as they used to be thought of, but are instead the psychokinetic doings of the victim's subconscious mind. Not all poltergeist activity is simply objects being moved by invisible forces. Voices, smells and a plethora of other events are linked to such events.

It might just be that she has a classic ghost hanging around her specifically. I don't think it's threatening, but I also don't think she should just allow it to do what it wants. Get her to tell it to bugger off next time it shows up or she can try and be nice and just have it not show up in her bedroom. If it doesn't acquiesce then it likely isn't something you want hanging around.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-02-18)
RoseThorn - has SaraBeth told you the circumstances of the first time this shadow showed itself to her? Where she was and what she was doing? Maybe there is more to it than she is telling you.

Also, maybe the reason she isn't afraid of it, is because it doesn't scare her. It didn't sound as if there was anything threatening about it, other than the fact that it is a black shadow that just appeared. And I'll admit, that can be a frightening thing. Is there anything else about it that scared you?

Sometimes just the fact that it there is a black shadow is enough to scare people when, in fact, sometimes there is no reason for it. I'm not saying that's the case here, just saying sometimes.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: