You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Johanna

Real Ghost Stories

Johanna

 

I have always been a believer in ghosts or, as you may call, the supernatural. But I would never have thought I'd have an experience. So here goes.

Two years ago, my life was going fine. I was playing tag with my 13-year-old sister Johanna and arguing with my 10-year-old brother Lucas. Just usual sibling stuff. So anyway, I had a very strong bond with Johanna. We always talked about things that troubled us, or made us happy. I felt like I could tell her anything, because I knew she wouldn't judge me or say mean things. I called her my best friend.

In the summer of 2010, Johanna was diagnosed with leukemia. It felt like my world was upside down. My parents were never happy, Lucas was always in his room, and I just felt like I had big weights on my shoulders. But I knew that Johanna had it worse. She tried to take chemo but she wasn't responding to the treatments. Johanna died on September 18, 2010. My mom became depressed. I think all of us did.

A week after Johanna had died, I felt a presence in my bedroom with me while I was asleep. I thought it was just Lucas trying to bug me or something. I opened my eyes and saw nothing, so I fell back asleep. Later on, Lucas began telling us that he felt like someone was watching him sometimes when he was alone. My parents didn't believe him, but I told Lucas that I believed him.

One other night, I was brushing my hair in the mirror after I had a shower when suddenly I saw Johanna behind me. She seemed to be a bit faded but I knew it was her. I was shaking very badly but I didn't scream or run away. Johanna gave me a little smile, which made me suddenly feel calm and happy. She stayed smiling at me for 2 minutes and then she seemed to fade away. I cried after that encounter but I had a feeling that she was assuring me that she was okay. That was the last time I saw Johanna. I never did tell my parents about seeing her ghost, nor did I tell Lucas.

I know that one day, I'm going to see Johanna again when I pass away. I know our sisterly bond will be as strong as ever.

Other hauntings by PoliexterLy

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, PoliexterLy, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

CrimsonTopaz (1 stories) (238 posts)
+1
1 year ago (2023-02-27)
PoliexterLy, Thanks for your reply, yeah I go on about many things including karma scores. But that's not because I care about mine. Sometimes I see comments in negative or highly rated and wonder where the points come from but certainly not because I want to be rated. More importantly, how are you dealing with the loss of Johanna these days. The pain never subsides, I know, but how are coping. Have you had any more visits from Johanna? I couldn't stop thinking about your situation and I felt quite sad after reading your words. I say a prayer for my dad, mum, and 2 brothers who are nolonger with us daily and light a candle when I go to church which isn't a much as I should. I included Johanna just now.
PoliexterLy (2 stories) (92 posts)
+1
1 year ago (2023-02-27)
[at] crimsontopaz
Sorry for taking so long to reply to your lovely comment. I haven't been on this site since that day... Nor did I remove any of your karma points. Fortunately, none of us care about karma points though. To be honest, you seem to mention them quite a lot in your comments. I imagine someone else got the same impression as I did after reading that comment.
Those are some good lessons you have learned from life... Something life has taught me is to find a positive lesson from whatever circumstance. I'd understand if you mistook my observation as criticism though. If it wasn't for that, you wouldn't have had a chance to explain those confusing comments and perhaps, other members besides me would be wondering if you and sws are the same person.
In consideration to the moderators and the members of this site, I think we should leave the matter at this point. I'm sure we can refrain from discussing any further 😁
CrimsonTopaz (1 stories) (238 posts)
+1
1 year ago (2023-02-27)
PoliexterLy, after our little tête-à-têtes back and forth- I thought I'd read your experiences. I wasn't expecting something so tragic. This truly is a very sad thing to happen to such a young person. I'm very sorry, I offer you my sincere condolences and look forward to reading your follow-up experience. I don't have an opinion other than you and your sister's closeness may have been why she visited you that day. You are very brave dealing with the loss of Johanna. May she RIP.
(I don't mind you removing my karma points- as I mentioned, I like giving them, but don't care about accumulateling the points. I don't know how long I'll be on YGS, so it's pointless worrying about how high my points are. I'm here to read experiences. After 2 years, I decided to join. Experiences like yours and some others help me understand how our loved one's are able to visit. One thing I've learned in my 60 odd years on this planet and that's kindness cost nothing, trust doesn't come without earning it, and real love is eternal and everlasting.
God bless your sister and I look forward to seeing more comments from your heart and not from your observations. X
C2C (3 stories) (62 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2015-12-09)
It's quite comforting to hear these experiences others have of a connection to a lost loved one. I believe she is in a better place, and it's the survivors who feel so much pain who continue suffering, really needlessly. I think her bond with you was so strong she was able to show herself to you to help alleviate your suffering. It's a gift.
KaviB (1 stories) (14 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2015-10-26)
Loved your story. You had a great bond with your sister. I almost cried. 😭
freakedoutfreddy (1 stories) (77 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-08-28)
Oh no, dude! That's so sad to loose your sister like that.
But I'm glad she came to tell you she is fine and will love you forever ❤
Lild0ggirl (3 stories) (39 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-02-20)
I'm sorry about what happened with your sister. I think she just wants to let you know she is OK and that you don't need to worry. ❤
Tasuke (2 stories) (21 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-02-20)
I think you should tell them,
'the people who believe will never see anything by chance, the people who learn to believe will see everything through chance' - my motto:)

Hope you see her again, I know you will 😊

Tasuke
enigmaticsoul (17 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-02-20)
What a beautiful and sad story at once. Will you ever share your experience with your brother in time?

Anneke8 her name was Johanna:)
anneke8 (10 stories) (274 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-02-20)
I am so sorry for your loss! It must be so diffucult for you and your family, I can't even try to imagine.
Emily came from heaven to tell you she is fine.
And you will definitely see her again some day!
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-02-19)
I think it is very sweet that she wanted to let you know that she was doing okay, thank you for sharing your story with us 😊
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-02-19)
Nothing as sweet as sisterly love.

I wonder if Johanna ever tried to let your parents know that she is OK.

Love your story,

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: