You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Strange Shadow Person

Real Ghost Stories

The Strange Shadow Person

 

Basically my experiences started off just a few months ago. (I'm 23 now). It starts with just small things to begin with such as my brother complaining about noises seemingly coming from no where, then progressing to objects moving on one table in the front room but nothing else moves on its own anywhere else in the house. We also have experienced running footsteps on the stairs and hallway but when I've gone to check it out there's nothing there.

But the next experience happened personally to me. About three or four times I have seen in my room a black shadowy figure standing by the t.v. Now I have researched this and this shadowy person didn't have red eyes but was about 7ft tall and always seemed to be looking into the distance as if it was bored. Maybe it was trying to scare me or it was looking out for me. This is one thing we shall never know haha.

The strange thing about this was I never felt in danger or seeming frightened, it just felt as if it were a normal occurance, apart from the last time I saw this shadowy figure. That was a diffrent experience. This happened three weeks ago as I was just about to sleep I awoke to have some water when I looked towards the end of the bed and there was this figure still about 7ft tall but this time standing sideways, but I could make out a long claw like arm which spooked me greatly. Then as if it was bored again it just vanished. I then proceeded to have the most terrible nightmare. Scary stuff haha. Since then this figure hasn't returned but my brother still complains about the strange goings on. Strange.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, tundralist, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-22)
A shadow person perhaps, although seeing the claw like arm is a bit differant, what that belongs to I cannot tell you? When it comes to witnessing these figures I would trust your gut instinct.
Has anything been brought in to the home recently, objects,antiques, even new people etc? Look forward to your reply.

Dan
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-02-21)
tundralist - as Rook has mentioned, there are many stories about Shadow People. Many on this site, as a matter of fact.

They seem to vary on the height of the Shadow Person and the type of hat, but most of the time the "attitude" of the Shadow Person is the same...indifference. There are some cases, however, where the situation is entirely different.

My little boy and I saw a Shadow Man in our home a couple of years ago, on separate occasions, and he never even acted like we existed. It was as if he had his own agenda and we weren't part of it. But it wasn't a scary experience for either of us and my little boy was only 6 then. My daughter saw a Shadow Man for months after her dad died.

Anyway, just wanted to let you know you aren't alone in seeing them.
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-20)
I'm with rook on this one it does sound more like a shadow person than any sort of "demon", I hope if you research this a little more you will find the answers you are looking for 😊
Tasuke (2 stories) (21 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-20)
I have had this feeling before, I saw a man in reflections of things in my house (which I am currently publishing on this website) but I wasn't scared, but the last time I saw him (2 months ago) I was absolutely terrified!

Good Luck
Tasuke
😉
Micha_1998 (1 stories) (16 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-02-20)
Wow, that is very scary! I believe this could possibly be a demon! You stated that you never felt in danger or seemed frightened, that could be the demon trying to make you not feel afraid of it and so you could warm up to it, but eventually they do get very horrible as your mentioned it had a long claw like arm and it gave you a terrible nightmare! 😲 I could be completely wrong! Stay safe 😊
Micha ❤
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-02-20)
(PULLS OUT SOAP BOX... CLEARS THROAT...)

Tawny,

Just which definition of 'demon' are you going by?

Is it a Biblical one? I don't think so because you say...

"...most demons aren't out to hurt you physically..."

Or are you using a more 'conventional' definition

Such as... Demon: a supposed ghost or spirit regarded as evil.

Again it seems not...

Can we come up with a 'common dictionary' for the site... One where DEMONS are 'EVIL' and 'MALEVOLENT SPIRITS' are... (to quote TawnyWolf)..."trickster's who basically just feed of the energy of fear, or just like to scare random people for the fun of it."

It would make 'defuse' situations before they get started and we may have less 'debate' over what a 'demon is' and more help for those looking for it... Just saying...

(CLIMBS OFF SOAP BOX)

Tundralist,

Sorry, didn't mean to 'steal' your comments but I had to say that... What you have experienced sounds like a Shadow Person... And not a 'demon' or 'malevolent spirit'. You can research them on the web... Many many sites have a say about them...don't believe the hype that they are 'evil/harmful' in 'nature'. They could just be a spirit who only gathered enough energy to manifest as a shadow...

Please keep us posted.

Respectfully,

Rook
TawnyWolf (3 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-02-20)
Very interesting! It's probably a demon. In fact, most demons aren't out to hurt you physically. There are "trickster demons", I believe, who basically just feed of the energy of fear, or just like to scare random people for the fun of it.

Best wishes to you all!:)

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: