You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Who Was She?

Real Ghost Stories

Who Was She?

 

This is yet another experience which I faced during my BPO days; I was doing a graveyard shift when this happened to me.

That particular day I woke up with the call from the cab driver. He was asking me to navigate him to my home, he was nearby. I didn't want to make the cab and the cab mates to wait for me as I just woke and it was going to take hell of a lot of time for me to get dressed, so I asked the cab to leave and I decided to go by myself.

I got dressed up and took out my bike as it was summer. I looked at my watch. It was 1:45 a.m. My shift starts at 2:30 a.m., so I had solid 45 minutes to drive 25Km (Hi-Tec city). I started off to office. All the way I was driving I could hear the dogs moaning, which was unusual. It was all the way. Frankly I was bit scared and was cursing myself for waking up late. Though I have a dog, I hate stray dogs because, during nights they chase you when you are on bike. I faced this situation numerous times. I don't know why, but the dogs become furious during nights.

Now I reached this place called RKpuram bridge. This bridge is a flyover the railway tracks. This is said to be haunted flyover because accidents occur almost every 2nd day. There were no lights on this bridge in those days. It's a never maintained bridge. I took the bridge and went for about 50 meters. I could see a women dressed in a glittering sari, with heavy lipstick and makeup. I thought she must be some hooker or a prostitute, but while I was passing through her it was a pungent perfume smell. It smelt as if she got drowned in the perfume bottle. I just ignored her and was on my way. The bridge is about 1.5Km I guess. By the time I was about to finish the bridge, I could the same figure walking on the pavement facing towards me, but this time with a huge smile on her face. I got freaked out and didn't know what to do. I did not stop the bike.

After the flyover, the road leads to military area. This area is pitch dark until you reach tirumalgiri, which is another 3Km away from the bridge. I was shaken and I cannot see a single person on the way. Finally I reached near to tirmalgiri, then kharkhana. There I could see few people as there was Apollo Hospital. I called up my manager and told him that I cannot come to work and took a leave. Then I called up my younger brother and asked him to come along with someone and pick me up. I advised him not to take the RKpuram road.

Next day when I told this to my friends, a few of them made fun of it and few of them who live around this area told me that that bridge is haunted as many accidents and suicides were more often.

I was advised not to take that route when it's late night. But now the bridge is full on with the lamps all over, but the sad part is the accidents still occur. Recently a truck crashed from the top of the bridge and landed on the road beside the track. The driver and the cleaner both were crushed under the truck. Mystery is that truck crashed from the right side of the road. Maybe the driver might have seen something like I did and lost control, and then crashed the railing of the road on the right side.

Other hauntings by joshuakeys

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, joshuakeys, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

colorfulhymn (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-22)
i am from bangalore too, have heard a lot of stories from around bangalore, (example, the old house on st. Marks road, though the current and living owner completely rubbishes it as false hullabaloo created by locals thinking its haunted as the owners sister was killed there) and of course tried my hand taking photographs of graves at night and such... Of course some I have had my creepy experiences too... But this I must say is the best...
Of course considering todays traffic, I doubt ghosts are about in those areas these areas, the accidents might be due to a lot of stress most drivers go through or drunken driving and of course most drivers and riders in india are famed world class drivers becos on the road, for most of them, life's value seems to be of meagre value
joshuakeys (7 stories) (45 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-14)
[at] adsouza, May be your friend was right, but I never heard about any robbery in that manner on that bridge, butIt was informative. I do not want to think about that incident any more as it gives the goose bums. That bridge a busy bridge now.

Many suicide cases are registered until date, because below that bridge there is a railway line. So Sui-ciders hot spot.
adsouza (guest)
+3
12 years ago (2012-06-11)
Joshua (And SDS, and everyone else who has seen stuff like this at the RKpuram bridge): I read a few accounts where there have been similar sightings. Every single one of them was identical in many ways, which is why it seemed too logical to me.

I am not taking anything away from the narration, because if I were you, I would have reacted similarly.

Now the interesting part (I got this from the Additional Commissioner of Police - Crime; we work out together in the same gym and he recently got transferred to where I live). Around 12 years ago, there was a huge robbery, where a marriage party was robbed at gunpoint around the same place. The gang that robbed them resorted to trickery. Initially there would be a girl dressed in the manner described by you who would get vehicles to stop. Once the vehicles stopped, this gang would come out of nowhere and rob them. Soon they started resorting to murder along with robbery. The local villagers began spreading stories about a ghost who killed for pleasure. The police managed to nab some part of this gang and after the trademark 'interrogation' that they are famous for, learned about this scheme. The gang was badly depleted for a few years. Over the past 3 years, they have become active again, except that this time, they have assistance from not one, but two ladies. They are not twins, but after some garish makeup and tricks of the light, they look like the same person.

My advice (For anyone who wishes to stand and fight) - Travel in a group (Ensure that your group is well concealed inside the vehicle, such that from the fron, it should seem that only one or two individuals are inside). When this lady smiles her supposedly 'ghostly' smile, stop and offer a lift. The gang will come out. If you are armed with even some sticks, it should be enough to teach them a lesson. And once you have done that, pass the message to the villagers. I am sure they have been troubled for a long time and are looking for some retribution themselves.

Again - the narration is excellent, and the reaction is perfectly normal.

Cheers,
Amit
kausthebest (3 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-03-11)
what about the perfume smell? Do spirits smell?
I am doubtful about it... May be there's some hidden treasure around the place... Which 2 twins are protecting by declaring the place as a haunted one...
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-07)
Hi, I am also from India. Yes, I agree that there is no language issue involved here. I think the usage "passed through" gave rise to confusion. I feel that we should leave it at that and proceed further instead of waging arguments on language.

I wrote earlier that it is a good paranormal experience and that I know that the RK Puram bridge is haunted experienced by many.

So let's leave and proceed with the story. Good story Joshua. Keep it up and let's concentrate on sharing the paranormal experiences in future.
mellybarr (4 stories) (46 posts)
-2
12 years ago (2012-02-21)
Hi Joshua.

After reading your last response I gather that you're not particularly fond of people from SA, UK and USA?

In any case, thanks for the English lesson and very intriguing story. It made me do some research.

Mel
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-02-21)
joshua - since I am the one who edited your story, I left it the way you wrote it. As granny said, I was confused also and just figured I'd let you explain to those of us who didn't understand what you meant.

The language barrier does present difficulties at times and I try not edit anything that I don't understand because I'm afraid it might take away from what you intended the story to mean. And this is why I left "through."

Getting defensive doesn't help the situation, as Nysa has pointed out. Sometimes attitudes and tones come through a little differently in text than we mean them too. I hope that is the case here.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-02-21)
Joshua: Surely you understand the confusion... These two statements: "passing through" and "passing by" mean two entirely different things... Anneke was only explaining that you probably meant "passing by"...Honestly, it was a source of confusion for Miracles and myself, and we couldn't decide if the word "through" should stay or be edited to "by"; since this is a ghost story site, "through" seemed the most applicable...
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-02-21)
You can't possibly know that it was not two people who looked alike, even identical. And I don't understand why you are being defensive about the language issue. Anneke did not in any way criticize your English. She pointed out that you may not have meant you drove through the woman (which is what your story says) in the way Dragonstorm thought you meant it since you are speaking from a different experience of the English language. The fact that you refuse to consider that the completely possible explanation that you could have seen two women who looked the same paired with the fact that you are so defensive you seem to be suggesting that your first language is somehow superior to English because someone misunderstood when you said you drove through the woman suggests to me that you are not being honest. Or that you are so desperate to believe this was a supernatural experience that you are too defensive about it to discuss the experience.
joshuakeys (7 stories) (45 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-02-21)
Granny its not 2 different people or twins, Its the same person, same dress.

Bluerose its same sari, same face and for sure its the same person

Dragonstorm I did not drive through her, I just passed or crossed her.

Anneke it doesn't matter if your 1st language is English or not as long as you can read, write and talk, By the way south African English is not the pure, In fact its " Afrikaans" and best part being Indian is that you speak the universal language and also different Indian and other languages. The worst part is The american & British people seek Indian help for their companies.
The best part is many of the origins to your words
Come from Sanskrit.

For exampIe,
Maatr becomes mother...

Bhratr becomes brother,
Giamiti becomes geometry

Trikonniti becomes trigonometry.

English is just hundreds of years old. Sanskrit is the Mother of all languages, You might want to "google" it.

Last but not the least, if you have problem with our Indian English then please do not visit Indian story pages.

Cheers
😊
crecentblue03 (151 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-21)
Rest assured I believe you did have a ghostly encounter. I and my daughter live in Bangladesh but in the near future are planning to move to India. I like the stories from India I would like to see these locations it must have been extra scary because you were on a bike and it was so late. By the way we are planning to move to Pune I think that's how it is spelled. Thank you for your story I felt it was both scary and Interesting!.
mysticalme (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-21)
I live in India too. The details of your experience are strikingly similar to what happened to my cousin brother and his friends. They were coming back home late at night after attending a wedding somewhere in Delhi. I guess they must have crossed the same bridge because that night they met with an accident and their driver died. My brother's friend (who was seated next to the driver) said that they saw a woman in a red sari in the middle of the road before the car swerved. He was pretty sure that it was no human but an entity. That was a close save, you experienced.
Stay Safe
Blessed Be!
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-21)
I know that place Joshua. Its haunted, the bridge of RK Puram and its scary. I feel that it is a paranormal experience. Thank God you didn't get hurt or meet with some accident. Some of my friends also had different kinds of experiences in RK Puram bridge even after it was fully constructed. Thanks for sharing your experience.
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-21)
I didn't mean it in a rude way, I thought he meant he rode his bike through her spirit form, and that confused me as to why he wouldn't realize it was a ghost yet is all 😊
anneke8 (10 stories) (274 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-02-21)
DragonStorm, I also wondered about the 'through' her, but Joshua is Indian and English is not his first language, I think he didn't mean it like that...
Sounds reasonable to think it could be two different people, but with the previous experiences you had, I am not so sure... I think I would have been freaked out too 😐
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-21)
I don't understand something if you drove "through" her then wouldn't that men you already knew it was a ghostly experience? Or did you mean you drove past her? I am thinking this may have been two separate people as has been suggested before...
Bluerose19 (3 stories) (164 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-02-21)
[at] Joshuakeys: (FYI I am Indian) When you saw her for the second time, was she in the same dress and having the same looks (glittering sari, sari colour, with lipstick and make-up) as in the first time you saw her, or somewhat different, I mean other than the smile?...
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-20)
Im with you on this one Granny, I'm sure it was either a twin or someone else completely, is the area known for having working girls around? The big smile you received may have been just that, it's what a working girl/prostitute would do no doubt.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-02-20)
Joshua: I'm not sure how hookers dress in India, so I won't say anything about the sari...But, is it possible that this was more than one woman, like twins maybe?...I don't know about there, but for Western men, twin hookers are quite the fantasy 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: