You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Crying Boy

Real Ghost Stories

The Crying Boy

 

I have lived in this house with my mum, dad, half-brother, little brother and twin sister for 10 years now, I have always beem a strong believer in ghosts, the rest of my family (besides my little brother) don't believe what I have to say about 2 ghosts who always interact with me and my 2 year old puppy (bobby).

Like I said, I have lived in this house for 10 years and have always felt a very ghostly presence, on more than 10 occasions (I tally when they happen) I have heard a boy crying in my room, when I talk to him he replies "Hello, Is that you?", but that is the only answer I can get.

Seeing as a crying little boy can not be much of a threat to me, I record the time and date it happens, but don't get worried, but I have realised a pattern, it always happens at 17 minutes past the hour, it could be any hour from 12am-11pm, but always 17 minutes past.

I am scared now, it is not only a boy I see now, but a man, he appears in reflections of TV's, mirrors etc. And has greasy black hair and a slumped face my. Dog started barking and whining, the man has been seen twice now, but that is only half why I am scared. I live in a place called Poplar Avenue named after the trees outside every house, didn't they used to hang people on Poplar Trees?

My little brother has mentioned seeing a woman walk up our driveway before, but he is an attention seeker, so I don't hold much regard to his story, but I DO believe he can be telling the truth, I am just unsure if he IS telling the truth.

Please help me! Is it possible the man and boy were hanged? What link does it have to me? Why can't anyone else see them!?

Please help me, I am scared of what will happen in the future, please help me

Other hauntings by Tasuke

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Tasuke, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Tasuke (2 stories) (21 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-21)
oops just realised on my last post where I said 'I see/hear things when I am alone' I meant I see/hear things when I am alone and with someone (mostly on my own though, annoyingly, so no ones there to no I'm telling the truth 😭)
Tasuke (2 stories) (21 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-02-21)
Another post, sorry I was somewhat skimming the comments

Bluerose: I see/hear things when I am alone, but when I am with someone else, hearing the little boy is almost relieving, this confuses me, because when it happens when I am alone becuase it feels like my heart is in my throat, why would being with someone else (that doesn't believe or see the people) change how I feel?

Sorry about the poplar tree confusion, I seem to recall a history lesson about hanging people on poplar trees, then again my history teacher isn't excactly credible.

Micha: I do try talking to them, but its like they can't hear me, the boy does respond, but only with "Hello, Is that you?" and the man, in the few times I have seen him, doesn't even seem to know I am there. 😢

I hope these people arent victims if a hanging, I would love to help them, but I am only 13, I can hsrdly have an exorcism or priest come in without seeming crazy 😢
Tasuke (2 stories) (21 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-21)
Thanks guys, just the slumped face and poplar trees outside did spook me as more than coincidence, *phew*

Bluerose: I have tried to tell them, but they are extreme unbelievers, but theyve started to notice spooky things to, many events have happened to day, but pm me if anyone wants to know, there isn't enough info to go into a story here 😊
Bluerose19 (3 stories) (164 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-21)
Tasuke: Have you told about these sightings to your parents/elders or not?...If yes, what are their reactions?...And if not, then I would advice you to inform them about what you have been seeing/hearing/feeling,because you know that you are 'scared' and so I feel you must take their help in this regard. Have you noticed such things when your parents are with you?...or is it that it happens only when you are alone.?...
Scbsd (guest)
+2
12 years ago (2012-02-21)
I can't vouch for any of the other elements of what you are experiencing, but I wouldn't worry too much about there being a connection between the name of your street and hanging trees.

Poplar trees are probably the most unsuitable tree for a hanging that you could think of. They have a long straight trunk and very few branches, and the branches that they do have are usually thin and would not support the weight of a Human Being.

Here's a photo of typical Poplar trees...

Http://s0.geograph.org.uk/photos/03/98/039899_822ae653.jpg

A hanging tree would need good sturdy branches to tie the rope to, and Polar trees don't have much in the way of branches.

You may be experiencing real ghosts, but from what you say in your story I don't see any indication that anyone got hung.
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-02-21)
When they hanged people they did not care what kind of tree they used, they just looked for a sturdy tree. Though far more often if the hanging was official a gallows was built. So poplar trees were surely used on occasion but so were a lot of other kinds of trees & the presence of many poplars in the past by no means makes it probable that anyone was hanged in the area.
Micha_1998 (1 stories) (16 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-21)
I am not sure if it is true that people where hanged on poplar trees, but if it is true I believe that it is possible that these people where hanged! You could try getting a recorder or a camera or something, asking a question as to why they are here, wait 10 seconds and ask another question. Then after you can play it back and see if they need any help with getting to the after life 😊 Good luck!
Micha ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: