You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Scariest Thing I Experienced

Real Ghost Stories

Scariest Thing I Experienced

 

I am 18 now, but last year I had a best friend and I'd be up at her house all the time. One summer I was up there and we just got done watching a movie and we heard scratching on the walls and cupboard doors slamming. I looked at her wide eyed like what the heck is going on?! She told me that her house was haunted.

A few weeks later I went back up to her house and we were sitting in the bathroom with a recorder asking questions. After about 15 minutes we played the tape back and you could here running water, voices, and heavy footsteps on the tiles. Nobody was moving and there was no running water whatsoever. We made fun and went downstairs, then I left for the night.

The next day I went up and we were sitting on the couch when I felt something very cold sitting on my lap. I looked at my friend and she felt me and it was severely cold. Now mind you, it was summer out. She went upstairs to go to the bathroom and I was downstairs when I felt hands wrap around my neck and begin to squeeze my neck. When my friend came downstairs again, I told her I had to leave right now.

I went home and was curled up on my bed when one of my statue horses I have on my dresser came flying at me and I realized I was followed. I got up off my bed and heard a growl and it faded to a hiss. I ran downstairs and wrapped my arms around my mom and told her what happened and that I was scared. We told it to leave in the name of Jesus Christ and you could hear it growl louder and begin to hiss as it faded away.

I went up to my friend's house after that again and I heard laughter. She looked at me and said "I'm scared!" I asked why. Apparently her mom's door, which is always locked from the outside that nobody but her mom can reach, was wide open. Pretty soon we were sitting on the couch and we heard her call our names, so we went upstairs to see what she needed and halfway up the steps I remembered her mom wasn't home. We turned around to go back downstairs and as I was walking down I felt something grab my ankle and pull and I slid the rest of the way down the steps.

I'm 18. I do believe in demons and ghosts. I do not get scared easily, but this event had me sleeping with a light on and I had to repeat Psalm 23 just so that I can sleep at night.

We moved a little while ago and I haven't noticed anything except I feel watched. The event still has me thinking about what is actually out there because I didn't ever fully believe until that night.

I know, I know. This is hard to believe, but it is true. I've gotten pictures taken of me at that house and you could see a black shadow with it's hands around my neck. This is a very real story.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Fategirl5, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Fategirl5 (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-24)
SherryHayden if you would like you can submit my story for your book
SherryHayden (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-23)
Wow, that is so scary. I too have experience many happenings through out my life. I know how scary it can be. It's something you never forget. I am an Author and I write about things of this nature. If anyone is interested, I would love to hear your stories, and I would consider it for an upcoming book, if you like. Feel free to contact me. This stuff is definitely REAL as it gets... Though many would beg to differ. When it does happen to you, it gives things a whole new outlook on the subject, and it does make you think.:)
mysterPOO (63 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-23)
Could post the pictures pls? I would love to see it.
Thnk you.
Fategirl5 (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-22)
I haven't had any expieriences I deleted the pics when I got the chance because I was too freaked out to look at them. I am still relying so much on God and it still scares me to think of what happened I have no clue if she got things situated but I am so thankful that I did when I got the chance to there's no telling what could've happened if I didn't. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask and I'll answer them. We didn't do a background but my friend was looking online and she found a death certifacate with her name on it her age and it was so much like her because she lost her dad when she was younger.
jesus_soldier (guest)
-1
12 years ago (2012-02-22)
The first few times are always so scary. Elle made a great point also. Keep your faith strong through all this madness. The spirits in the world are no match for the Spirit of God inside you. You are in my prayers.
Nay-95 (1 stories) (16 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-22)
Probably not the best idea to read this before bed, huh? Anyway this scared me. I have had experiences but they seem almost trivial next to what you have experienced. It sounds like your friend should have had this sorted out a long time ago. Did your friend ever say when these events started for them? Was your friend ever attacked to the extent you were? I'm no expert just curious 😳

Nay-95
Elle0309 (2 stories) (39 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-22)
I'm glad things are less aggressive now. The feeling of being watched can also be a little PTSD (post traumatic stress disorder). I experienced that same thing when I was attacked. It leaves you a little sensitive for a while. In fact, I was so upset by the experience I had I left the church for awhile. I was 19 when I left and returned at the age of 30. In my case, I resented not being prepared for what happened to me. I felt like I had been dragged into the deep end of a pool without knowing how to swim. I'm better now. I have been able to better handle spiritual situations since I came back. You will only get stronger with each challenge, if you rely on your faith. That's what I hope for you and your family.

Elle
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-22)
Fategirl,

Would it be possible for you to post these pictures? I for one would like to examine them.

The other events you mentioned sound quite frightening, though it seems as if this began as a possible residual... The laughter and footsteps... To a full blown 'physical haunting' complete with thrown objects, cold spots and 'physical contact' (it 'choking' you)...In my experience it takes time for events to ramp up to some of the levels you describe...'a few weeks' is kind of vague, could you please provide a more detailed timeline? Thank You...

Respectfully,

Rook
Lild0ggirl (3 stories) (39 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-21)
WOW! So scary! I think it might be a demon that was after you and your friend. Do some research on the house, OK?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: