You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: Anna Mills Killed in 1938... Dead Yet Amongst Us Still

Real Ghost Stories

Anna Mills Killed in 1938... Dead Yet Amongst Us Still

 

A couple of years ago, I ran across an old Ouija Board dated 1919. I remember how fascinated I was with an experience when I was about 10 with one, so I thought that this "board game" would be fun to fool around with again.

My son, when he was very young, told me about looking out his bed room window and seeing three "glowing figures" coming from the field toward his window one night. He also stated that they even entered his room and stood at the foot of his bed. He covered his head with the blankets thinking that they would go away, and when he uncovered his head, they were still there... Then they vanished. I attributed this to a "bad dream" at the time.

There is this old, beautiful house on my property, built in 1926; the builder also signed and dated his name in the rafters in the attic. "Cool," I thought, that he took so much pride in his work (like an artist) to do such a thing.

Anyway, we were in this old house, working the Ouija thing and so forth. My son asked me to see if what he saw was real or not. We got an answer and a lot more! The two people who were at the board knew nothing about this; in fact, they did not know the name of the road we live on or anything else much about this neck of the woods.

I asked if there were any ghosts who wanted to speak (not at all taking any of this seriously). YES replied the board. "Who are you?" I asked.

ANNA MILLS was the reply.

As our guests worked the Ouija board. "Why are you here?" I asked, and the plachetted began to move quickly.

I DIED HERE ON THE MUNGER SHAW ROAD. (Our guests didn't even know the name of this road.)

"How?" I inquired.

TRUCK, the board answered.

"How?" I asked.

RUN OVER, Anna replied.

"When?"

1936.

At this point, I was having fun with this game. I did not at all take this seriously; after all, this thing is just a game. "So if this is all true, where is your body so that I can bring you some flowers?" I jokingly asked. Her answer sent chills down my spine.

YOU ARE THERE, she answered.

"What do you mean?"

SKATTERED (misspelled by an 8 year old), she said. MY AHSES ARE SKATTERED WHERE YOUR TRAILER HOUSE IS, she added.

She gave us a lot of information that night. She is with two uncles who are elusive, but protecting her. She was visiting them here when her death occurred. Things have happened after that as well than before. When I first put the trailer house where it is (now abandoned, for I am now living in the old house), my ex-wife and I heard the distinctive voice of a child crying - that I can say without a doubt. My ex also told me that she saw a small girl one night fleeing out the door one late night (blew her off). And so did I one night when I woke up to use the bathroom, you know, through the corner of the eye, I attributed this to late night-half asleep stuff.

We did the Ouija again with two other people, again the same conversation with this Anna Mills. I cannot find any records of her existence of her anywhere, though. Then again, out here in the sticks (especially back in the '30s, records may have not been so critical; heck, I know a guy that have two people buried in his front yard from back then; that's in the days when they did things like that). I did ask her who her uncles were, and she remained allusive on that info.

Okay, I know this all sounds really weird, and I did not believe a thing about all of this until about a year ago...

I went for a walk, as I have quite often. I walked across the field on a winter moonlit night. On my way back, I distinctly saw two people "sneaking" around the trailer. Thinking that someone was trying to break in, I approached one of them. I yelled out to them, what did they want, ready to confront the intruders. I swear that I was within 15 feet of the guy wearing a plaid shirt and bib overalls when he took an abrupt right turn and went right through the wall of the trailer house - right below my son's old bedroom. I could see each and every detail of his face, and the texture of his clothes! He looked just like a real person - that would "appear" under a full-lit moon. I stopped dead in my tracks, but somehow I was not frightened out of my wits as one would suspect. Rather a comforting feeling came over me. By the way, when I first called out to them, the other ran into the woods.

All of this I merely attributed to suggestive thinking, thinking I saw things that I imagined and so forth. Perhaps it was a restless walk late at night and so forth.

About a month ago, I was visiting my sister and her family at their house miles away. Her daughter also had an old message board that her father found years ago in an attic of an old school that he once worked at. The planchette was missing, so for fun I went to work in his wood shop and made a really nice wood one for them. With her and her boyfriend at the board, I asked "Anna are you here?"

HI, RICK, the board replied.

This really freaked them out! "Tell us the story that you told me the last time we spoke," I asked. Again, the same info that came up a year before. I did not reveal any of the prior things that Anna said to anyone there, but there it was, again the same. She said that I did see here once, and that she and her uncles did visit my son. I did not ask any of this, once the planchette began to move, she went on and on and on. I asked her if she liked what I did with the old house (it still looks as it did in the 30's-except for the addition of electricity and pluming, and she said that she feel at home. I asked her if she ever enters the house, and she said,

NO. BAD MEMMORYS. (Again misspelled by an eight year old girl.)

Lately, at night through the corner of an eye, my son as well as I have seen someone fleeting past the kitchen window. Even our dog sends an alert that somebody is here, when in fact there isn't. The last time I used the board (being a skeptic, I always have someone else use it) she said that she wanted to meet me along the edge of the field at one o'clock in the morning. "Promise?" I asked.

I PROMISE, she answered.

I never bothered. I'm not sure if I believe in such things, but it is fun to think about... Perhaps it is true!

UPDATE: 7-6-07...Anna is now "haunting" the people living in the trailer house now even though I have never shared this story with them. Denise and her friends have seen her as well. She still is alone and longing for what ever she is looking for. They are not afraid for they find her sweet and comforting. Just like the child she was in life, they have actually "adopted" her and she at times visits my old house and we chat with her on my antique Ouija board.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Minnesota

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Richard Iverson, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Trumpjr16 (1 stories) (5 posts)
-1
7 years ago (2016-12-16)
I know this 2016 but dam man you didn't even go to meet her!? Why would you do that? If I were you I would go back and say sorry. Other than that good story!:)
BunnyPanda (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-29)
Not to be rude or anything, but why do you think an Oujah board is fun to fool around with? You're communicating with real spirits there yet I'm glad that you got to communicate with a nice spirit.
lovingmama27 (1 stories) (15 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-20)
hi! I also live in MN, but not in the sticks so I thought maybe I could have better access to death records. There is one death of an anna mills but it says she died in 1949 in hibbing. Is that where you are? Updates PLEASE!
Nicolee (9 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-24)
Aw this story was really nice. I hope she wasn't sad that you didn't go to meet her, and I really hope she finds what she needs to be able to cross over. She seems like a sweet little girl.
whitebuffalo (guest)
+1
14 years ago (2009-12-05)
Actually, Adolphus Theodore Wagner first patented Ouija boards, (also known as "talking boards,") in London, England on January 23, 1854. Then in 1892 William Fuld became the owner and president of the Kennard Novelty Company (later renamed the Ouija Novelty Company), which had developed the final form of the talking board.
Just thought I would point that out.
Thank you.
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2009-12-05)
bobby...sinZ,
You honestly believe the Ouija board only came about with the production of the Parka Bro's version in the 60's?
Lol!
bobby_singh (9 posts)
-1
14 years ago (2009-12-05)
this guy just says right at the start one day I came across a ouija board dated 1919 which must be bull shiat because the ouija was introuduced by the parker brothers in 1960s
Somhairle (40 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-23)
You promised to meet her but you didn't? I hate oath breakers who do that for no reason.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
-1
15 years ago (2009-07-23)
I do believe in anything like spirits/ghosts up on it when we can not see but know that it there.

It real sad about anna been kill in late years ago but short life that she had. Even thought every kids in her age always get kills.
Jginkx94 (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-12)
that is great to hear that she is very good. Ummm... So like have you ever found out what she was looking for? ❤
erin12 (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-07)
I am happy to hear a change of the ouiji board games. It all bad things, she got possed, his house is huanted, he has nightmares of a half-faced man, blah blah blah. A nice story is a good change. Did you ever have a meeting with Anna? You know, the 1 o'clock thing?

Please tell us.

Thanks for your story,

Erin ❤
YourLifeBelongs2JesusNeverEvil (10 posts)
-4
15 years ago (2009-01-19)
this story still cracks me up I was reading this same story 2 years ago,

Man! I'm still questioning myself about you getting asked by that demon to meet 1am in the fields dahaha, very fun to think about. Its a good thing you never showed up lol.

Though it is a demon taking form of a little girl. The thing is trouble and should be cast into hell with the others.
TigerLily (3 stories) (145 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-28)
Hello, I know it has been quite a while since you wrote this story but I was just wondering if your still in touch with Anna? If so please let me know as I was wondering if you could ask her a few questions for me?
Thanks, Lily x 😁
KayLeigh93 (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-25)
ohhh that is so sweet! I mean usually people who use ouija boards get some evil spirit 😨. But you got a sweet little girl whose time came to soon. You must really have a heart to "adopt" her! ❤
Dan (1 stories) (51 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-30)
That's a lovely story. It's very comforting in you actually talk to the girl through the board. Your friends have no reason to be scared and I'm glad they're not as Anna means no harm.
Thanks for sharing the story with us.
bardsidhe (38 posts)
-1
16 years ago (2008-06-04)
I often see people commenting on the use of the Oujii Boards, with the same old comments repeated over and over.

So instead I will say this, if one plays with the things we do not understand, expect to get burned...
I am not saying believe everything you read, but if you believe in the Oujii then open your thoughts to protecting yourself when you use it. Be it as simple as prayer before the session or as complex as insence and or salt circles... I will leave that to you. I look forward to reading more of what Anna has to share with you
username50 (4 stories) (7 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-03)
😢 😁
the story is scary and comforting at the same time.
nice story 😊
how long have you been living in that house and when was the last time you talked to anna?
if yes, what has she said?
dillingerslepthere (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-12)
EL...or anyone with info or questions about Anna, email me at

rckvrsn [at] yahoo.com

thanks!
dillingerslepthere (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-12)
no one owned the land out here back then, the logging camps moved in then out... People built a cabin for a winter or two and moved on with the logging companies... It was all virgin forests here... Once they were logged out, they simply moved east... There are still faint remains of a cabin or two... Mostly hints are old fire pots, handleless cross saws, oxen yoaks, and so forth (of which I have found and collected)...also, during prohibition, there are several sights of moon shining stills, of which I have also found... People were poor back then, starving to death even... If someone died, they simply buried them on the spot... Anna was with two uncles, I have seen them both, they are unfriendly and protecting of her... She in a way, seems kind of afraid of them... Email me if you would like me to contact them some more, but every one I ask to do the ouija board, seems to be afraid, because Joyce and I tried it out 4 months ago, and the thing went totally nuts,...
dillingerslepthere (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-12)
to Elise Prehoda,

back then there were very little records kept, the are was nothing more than two rut logging roads... Alot of old homesteads here contain graves in the fields and yards to this day... Unmarked and forgotten.
However, last summer a freind was over and she saw shadows at the porch, only to find out that it was the ghosts... The show up every day, and anyone who is sitting on the couch catches glimpses of them fleeting back and forth past the kitchen window. New update as of 3-26-08...I moved out and rented the place out... The last time I was there, the renter complained of strange things happening there, he said that one night, a girl was satanding in the bed room door and told him to "get out"...he described Anna to the tee... Perhaps she missed the bond that her and I established, but he is there still, and no longer afraid... Ghosts do not like change, and perhaps she has accepted Jonny as she did me... He said that she often visits, and they enjoy one another's company...
El (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-15)
I would still try to look into finding out the history of Anna. There must be something. Who owned the properity back then? There must be an old deed or birth records or something. I think you could find her if you tried, the fact she's cremmated tells us she must have had some sort of funeral or at least a cremation done by a funeral home. Becuase of that their must be some sort of death certificate. Or old census records, they should have some info.Don't just look for her name, look for anyone with the last name of Mills. Back then in such a rual area there may not have been as many as there are now. Although I think this story is really cool and I hope she is an innocent being, I must also warn you about the board. Ouija boards really are spirt communication boards, created in the 1800's during the Spritualist religous movement and sold to Milton Bradly later as a toy. They're not toys, however, they put words to the rappings and knockings of sprits trying to communicate. They can be channels for anything, so please be careful. The fact that you found an antique one is amazing though. I would keep it becuase I love antiques, but probably under glass!
monica5 (3 stories) (22 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-11)
When I was in highschool some of the kids Seniors juniors would go to the bleachers and play with the Quija. I being softmore but always hung out with the elders NEVER followed to do such things. I was raised to never attempt to do such things.
Even if you do not believe in it you must know that quijas work why even chance it?
Did you know thatso many people that have done this have serious issues once you give these ghosts invitation to come in you are inviting a vast world of different things most are evil entities all they need is an invitation, they may start off cute and innocent but ghosts are not pets! Nor friends in many cases, after a while you will see that, and just because you meet a nice young girl you may have already opened the doors to more sinister beings, please be cautious those things are no joke. I have 4 kids and thay have told me that there friends want to play a quija, well needless to say my kids are not allowed to hang out there anylonger :) won't even take a chance a small fact for you to consider the Excorsist every one knows that is a true story right, a lot of people do not know is that there was a quija involved prior to all this, and all this came about immediate after the use of the quija. I don't even know how they can sell those as board games that is horrible. Beliver or not those are known tools to reach the dead why would you even want to go there or even chance it at that, and if you found one at home an antique I would burn it and not even want to touch it that creeps me out as it is. Please be carefull sometimes you get what you ask for and you may not be able to cope this is only best regards to be careful in these things you think are games.
take care
M
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-10)
I normally don't condone the use of a ouija board for the simple fact that not only do human spirits communicate through the board, but lower level entities as well. There are those who tend to ignore the rules associated with the board and end up getting themselves into something better off left alone. I hope you sir are also taking the precautions needed in protecting yourself from those spirits that do not have your best interest to heart.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: