You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: Their Little Friend

Real Ghost Stories

Their Little Friend

 

One day not long after we moved into our house on Base, I decided to play with my one-year-old daughter in her room. She normally just babbles a little and if she is, it's handing me a toy or wanting something.

On that day I was in her room, she went on for 20 minutes babbling and using her hands to tell me a story. She held her hands up and growled at me, then pointed to a corner in her room and stared at all different spots in her room. I thought maybe she was just finally starting to babble more but she has never done that since.

A few days later we were in my room making a video to send back home, since we live on the other side of the U.S. Due to my husband being in the Army. We recorded it on my webcam and I watched it afterwards and saw a dark shadow move behind us. Right after I saw it, my daughter hit the mouse and made it disappear. This was 3 months ago. To this day I still cannot find the video anywhere on my computer and now sometimes I see the shadow in her video baby monitor. My husband says I'm crazy and make it up.

Since my son was born 2 months ago, he sometimes will look right through us and stare behind us or at the ceiling and he just laughs and coos. When he was only 20 days old, he kept turning his head to the corner and wouldn't look at my sister at all. Neither of them ever cry about it either. It just really makes me wonder what they see and hope that once my daughter talks she can tell me.

My husband lost his brother back in 2001 and lost 3 close friends in the war in 2010. And I don't have either grandmother alive so I hope that it's one of them playing and talking to them.

Other hauntings by Aribella

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Washington

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Aribella, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ngute80 (220 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-14)
Yes I have to agree with deadbird. We also live on base I'm Ft.Benning, and most of the houses here are haunted. And I also agree that they seem to be "hanging around", not bothering anyone. I really need to find the time to submit some stories.
deadbirdt98 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-14)
I am also in the army stationed on FT Bliss and I do agree that there are a lot of hauntings on post. Most of these spirits are just "hanging around" not really much of a bother to anyone.

Since it is in your house try to communicate with it, ask why its there. Do you feel any type of dread or shift in the air when your in your childs room? If not then it may not be a negative spirit. It may even be an old family member watching over your child. Or, like you said, your husbands fallen battle buddies still trying to take care of they're friend and his family.
Brian (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-02-23)
Hello,
Interesting story. You live on military bases where I'm sure lots of people have passed on.

Death is an ever occuring event on all military bases.

I would personally try to comunicate with it using a voice recorder. Phone voice recorders work well too.

If you are seeing this shadow in baby monitors and such it would be a good idea to confront this thing yourself at first.

Ask questions as to who it is. Does it have a name. What does it want, those kinds of questions will give you an idea if it is an inteligent spirit.

Be weary though. Some of the responses will chill you to the core. Just having something respond that you cannot hear and cannot see is enough to freak out the strongest of people.

But if nothing is happening physically and the children aren't being bothered your doing good so far, but I strongly suggest trying to get rid of it if you can.

I know most bases have a chapel. Ask the priest or pastor there to bless the home. Someone with the authority to bless the house.

If you have any questions or concerns post back I will be watching your posts from here on out.

Best of luck.
Brian,
Investigator for C&S Paranormal Investigations.
anna2012 (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-23)
Since you moved into this house recently, it must be someone who lived there before. It seems like whoever this is, it likes small kids. If it bother or scares your kids, they would have cried and you would know if the kids are not happy.

Either way it is better to perform some prayers in this house. Good luck
crecentblue03 (151 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-23)
That's interesting! You know babies and small children can see spirits, as well as angels. I don't think you have anything to be to concern about they don't seem to pose a threat because babies are also good at sensing when something just is not right, or very wrong and they will cry loud to let you know. A dark shadow or shadow person is just a spirit that has not taken its full form. Keep a watch on the kids see how they are reacting if it is you who is scared then I advise you to get a house clensing there is someone on this site that knows of one named rookdjyn maybe he will comment to your story I hope so, if not please research it. Hope I helped.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: