You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Warning Signs

Real Ghost Stories

Warning Signs

 

This is, for me, hard to talk about. In 2009 on Aug. 19 my aunt passed away via drug overdose. But it doesn't even start there. About a week or so before, I saw her with my best friend at my grandfather's pool. Only a young teen, all I wanted to do was have fun with my friend. Then she had to go open her mouth... She told Me to start going to the gym. Being 5 foot 5 inches and 110 lbs I guess that wasn't good enough. "why must you open your big fat mouth?!? You know what?!? I hate you! I hope you die!" Then I stormed out with my friend and didn't think twice about it. So when she died, I did feel horrible but then I got over it a few months.

It wasn't until 2011, 2 years to the day that I remember all the pain that I kept inside. It was someday in Aug. (I was on break, so I don't even know the date at the time) I was sitting up watching tv (some tlc show), and it was about 3:00 a.m. All alone. Then I heard my mom's door open and close. I didn't think anything of it to tell you the truth. I just thought that my mom needed to go to the bathroom. I heard footsteps getting closer and closer. Then something made my blood go cold.

"Sydney..." it sounded a lot like my mom. (But what I didn't think at the time that my aunt had a voice like my mom) "yeah mom you need some help or something?" Again the the same voice rang in my ears: "Sydney..." at this time I did start to get really creepy. So I stood up and then I hear the voice again "Sydney..." Then I knew it wasn't my mom.

Then I start to run to my moms room. Then I saw something that I'll never forget... A women. A short, plump women with red hair and glasses. And black long dress, like the one we buried my aunt in. Being me I was crying. " who are you?" I asked. Then I felt so stiff that I couldn't move. "Sydney... Take care of your mother... I love you..." then this body became a black mist and left.

It felt like years until it ended and the shock left my body. That night that I hadnt done since I was about 2 years old slept with my mom. I did that for weeks after.

But the weirdest thing was that my mom did get sick for months. (she did get better) but the ghost was right. Now even now, she still comes to me and my younger sister Hayley telling us how good we are, late at night. As for me now I'm a part of group of ghost hunters for teenagers. Maybe someday I will know why and how she knew about my mom.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Connecticut

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Coolieo1776, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

dmcal (21 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-02-25)
The title of your post "Warning Signs" is appropriate, but should be applied to your decision to become a ghost hunter. When anyone attempts to contact a spirit, it puts them in the catagory of spiritist/medium, which is forbidden by God. It is sin and therefore separates you from God and keeps you separated as long as you continue in it. It also opens you up to demonic activity and that because by calling upon them you are opening the door for them to interact in your life.

This is exactly why we are seeing such and explosion of people becoming involed in ghost hunting and the like and that because these demonic beings are masqerading as human spirits and the people fall for it, not knowing who or what they are really dealing with.
Raftingirl (2 stories) (113 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-24)
I'm not an expert by any means, but my thoughts are that she may not have crossed over if she is still appearing to you both.

The fact that she is being positive and reassuring just shows that she loves you and understands that young people say things they don't mean (well - even older people can too). There's a forgiveness there for sure.

As for the "Take care of your mother" part... There is a good chance your mother told your aunt about what was going on in her life before your aunt died, hence she would know she had to tell SOMEONE even if your mom told her not to (probably for your sake).

I think it's great that you have someone to watch over you, Coolieo. No harm has been done.
vidya_amani (2 stories) (78 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-24)
I was going to say, this is not a warning sign but a peace sign, but maybe coolieo is worried about his/her mother as his/her aunt said "take care of your mother".

I don't think it is a warning sign, but a sign to care for the spirit's loved one... Which is strange, maybe the mother leaned on the aunt for emotional support, now it has shifted to coolieo.
HappySpirit (187 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-02-24)
Thanks for sharing, Coolieo. Wonderful advice, Vidya. I remember saying stupid, hurtful things as a teen. It happens and it's good when we are forgiven by those older and wiser (living and/or deceased.) Forgiveness teaches us how impermanent life can be and how to focus on the important stuff.
vidya_amani (2 stories) (78 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-02-24)
I think it is clear that she forgave you for saying what you did.

Her message "no hard feelings!"

When spirits cross over they get a broader perspective on things, and I believe she came to realize that it was stupid when she said those things to hurt you, and she feels the same about what you said to her... Seeing it as trivial matters, that don't really matter.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: