You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Man On Queen Mary

Real Ghost Stories

Man On Queen Mary

 

I live in Southern California and I had never been on the Queen Mary before. My mother and friend and I all got tickets for the Haunted Encounters Tour. Once we entered the pool room, I saw in the corridor on the second floor a man with a black suit, a bowler hat and very pale skin. He was only there for about 5 seconds and then vanished. I did not know what I had seen until I found more stories about a man with the same description.

We were also exploring the engine room because a couple behind us had seen a raccoon. While looking in a dark corner of the room, I saw the man with the same characteristics. I do not know if I was still paranoid from my earlier encounters or if some of the Queen Mary's ghosts are known for stalking people.

We later found the raccoon next to hatch 13, which is where a ghost supposedly lurks but I did not have any sighting or feeling of this spirit. Maybe this ghost had a young son because I am 13, and the second time I entered the pool room I felt a strong presence on the Ghosts and Legends Tour. I kept feeling like a presence was staring at me throughout the rest of my time on the ship.

I would like to spend the night on the ship sometime and report my seeing and look for more ghosts. One of the ghost sighting plaques explained a man dressed in black but it was not in the same area. My theory that the ghost was stalking me was because to see the same ghost in two different areas of the ship was I believe an oddity for the ghosts.

Please leave comments if you have seen a ghost that matches my description or a ghost that seemed to stalk you or another person.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Llamasrock88, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Aeropostale (2 stories) (11 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-10)
I went on the tour about last July or August. I took pictures in the dressing rooms and in the pool area. I got 2 orbs and that was it. I think only an old woman, I believe that man you saw, and a little girl named Jackie died in the pool room. Thanks for sharing!

Xx,
Jen ❤
anneke8 (10 stories) (274 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-26)
Read the story from teafortwo1922 called 'Sunday night at the art deco festival on the Queen Mary'
Very interesting story.
JBarum (28 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-02-25)
That boat scares the crap out of me. Just looking at it... No way I'd step foot on it. Looks too much like Titanic...
Serendipity (2 stories) (20 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-25)
I am always a little cynical about arranged tours and the like, but what you have described is not so different to something I have experienced, albeit elsewhere. I think it is possible that one might often see "spirits" (for want of a better word), but that they aren't necessarily recognised.

If you had seen your dark man from the Queen Mary leaning on a lamp post in the street, or just standing in a doorway, would anything have been thought strange at all? And if you happened to see the same person twice elsewhere, would you immediately imagine then that you were being stalked? I am not suggesting that you didn't see something, but I think the stalking part is imagination and/or a misunderstanding of what stalking is.

But aside from that, I am curious about what you saw, in that you say you apparently saw the man for about 5 seconds before he disappeared, but that you didn't realise that was significant until you found stories about a man of the same description later. He obviously didn't actually disappear then, or that would surely have alerted you to something odd at the time. What was he doing when you saw him, then, and what stopped you seeing him at the end of the 5 seconds?
anneke8 (10 stories) (274 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-25)
I read that there is a man on the Queen Mary with clothing that dates from the 1930's. I Googled a lot for more info about this ship's ghosts. There is also a little girl named Jackie that's spirit is in the area of the swimmingpool. She is still looking for her mother. Google the Queen Mary Ghost Ship Images and open the pictures to get more info. I wish I could go visit there!
mysterPOO (63 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-24)
well,your story really thrilled me. But I have not encounter any figure like this before. IM very sorry,
Thnks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: