You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Is This A Poltergeist Or Demon?

Real Ghost Stories

Is This A Poltergeist Or Demon?

 

I am writing this to you almost through desperation really. I shall start at the beginning and explain how I came to be here writing my experience.

I have always been very spiritual. My very first memory as a child is that of a tall dark figure walking towards me as I was sat on the foot stall in my mum's house, which back in the 19th Century was the slaughter house. This tall dark figure would actually walk between our house and the two houses attached either side of ours. He was a very malevolent energy and in the end my mum had to get a psychic in to have it removed.

As I grew up, I saw a lot more. Some were very nasty things, which I do not want to go into today. As the years have gone by, I have always felt a presence has followed me.

After the birth of my son 6 years ago, I moved to a lovely little bungalow that was brand new. I was the first tenant. Six months into living at the property odd things began to occur. Doors would slam and then reopen. My son's toys would randomly start playing their music in the middle of the night and a very scary noise began in the hallway every night. It would start at the front door and make its way up the hallway to the bathroom where it would stop and then start at the beginning again a few hours later. The only way to describe the noise is that it sounded like one heavy step and then drag, step drag, step drag all the way to the bathroom. I remember one night sitting in my living room and a heavy black entity manifested itself in front of me, moved across the sitting room, climbed up the wall and disappeared through the ceiling.

Things progressed and became worse and worse over the years. After my fiance moved in, my son's bedroom became the main focus for this energy and it would fill with smoke and the smell of burning was immense. After plenty of inspections every time it happened we could never find a source for the smoke and burning smell.

We soon moved and we have been living at our new place for little under a year. Whatever it was that was at the bungalow has definitely followed us. We noticed odd things occurring a few months back but this time it isn't happy.

I came home from dropping my son off at school to find the downstairs of my house filled with a smokey mist and that smell of burning was back again. That's when I knew it had found us. Things go bang, the sitting room door opens by itself and you feel a presence enter the room. We have even changed the door handle and yet it is opening itself. Even when shut properly, the handle actually pulls down and the door swings open.

My son, who now shares his bedroom with his younger sister, has woken up screaming before because something was banging on his window (he said it was inside his bedroom though, not outside as it was saying something but he didn't understand what).

I was cooking dinner one Sunday afternoon when a Pyrex casserole dish was launched at me from one end of the kitchen to the other and hit the backs of my legs. I have been pinched by unseen hands and had my clothes grabbed and pulled. My fiance watched one day as our 19-month-old daughter was pushed by a unseen force across the sitting room. This scared her and us!

Our acoustic guitar started strumming by itself last night. Just one string was being strummed over and over and over again until I yelled for it to stop. At that point it did! Then at 4:00 am this morning both myself and my partner were woken up with a start as something jumped on our bed and started bouncing. Then it stopped. Almost as if it was satisfied it had woken us up. My son hears his name being called (which is something I experienced as a child) on a regular basis as well.

So here I am writing this to you guys in the hope that I can get some answers. I have contacted my local spiritualist church and a man there said that I need to contact this entity and tell it to leave. He says it is a low level entity and is thriving off our negative feelings (which we have a lot of at the moment as we want to leave our county and my partner is facing redundancy).

Every time it scares us, it is getting excited by this and wanting more and more but the man from the spiritualist church refuses to come to our house. He doesn't want anything to do with this "thing."

He says I need to have a day when the kids are not in the house and I am alone, place a circle of candles around me, ask my guide for protection and contact this spirit or entity and ask it what it wants and then tell it to leave. I am afraid to do this though. I feel that by doing this I am giving it permission to communicate and I don't want it taking advantage of the fact.

Help?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Eowena, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Mysterylady (12 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-30)
Hi Wonena, I've had very similar experiences myself with both polytergrist and evil entities as well as a few ghost here in America. I believe you have both polytergrist and an evil entity. Why I believe so first a polytergrist feeds off your fear and negative energy. The jumping on the bed, toys coming on by themselves, pinching etc. Evil entity the dark mass forming infront of you and the smoking cloud like mist. I believe you very sensitive probably since were born. And I do believe things can follow you because I've had one to follow me. I too call the priest (catholic) here which he came out once but after two months we called again only to be told we had to fight it ourselves. This happening with children is hard to watch but be a mother bear with this show no fear including your partner has to help with this. I know it can be scary but try with the praying to Saint Michael to get rid of this evil in your home and to protect not only yourselves but your innocent children as well. I would say that you very well are a medium and very very sensitive that why they follow and harress you so. You have more power than you realize. Don't give up. Be firm. Reach out their others that can help you. Do contact what the gentleman refer to above in Great Britian. If you feel comfortable with this I would tell my children to ask Saint Michael to take this mean man from my sight and/or room when they experience the evil presence. The more attention you give this the it feeds and the more it comes back for. The evil entity is upset and wants everyone to know it is there. You are it's beam of light for it to communicate with. You will probably will always have these experiences because when the dead know their is someone they can try to express their dislikes, etc. They keep coming but as far that goes only you can stop them by not allowing to bother you with firm response. GOD BLESS FROM USA.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-27)
Eowena,

Not a Poltergeist, the activity has lasted to long... Not A Demon... So do not worry about it being something as 'dire' as that.

As sad as it is to say this... That 'wimpy' guy from the spiritualist church sounds as if he hit the 'nail on the head' so to speak.

Feel free to try this Method that I use for my Family and Home...

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

Repeat as needed... I do this about every 6 months...

Please keep us updated.

Respectfully,

Rook
Caz (342 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-02-26)
Eowena...Sorry for misspelling your name on my last post. I also meant to say that my sister wasn't charged. The man spent a couple of hours or more in her home and all he would take was
supernaturalservices (86 posts)
-3
12 years ago (2012-02-25)
I can help you. What I want you to do is say psalm 91 and 71 three times out of the king james bible. Also mix some white vinegar mixed with sea salt and leave them in bowls around your room. Take sea salt baths. If you need more help pm me. I would like to help
Caz (342 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-02-25)
Hi Eowina, I hardly ever comment on here, but my sister has just been through the same thing that you're going through now! She always has spirits in her house [wherever she lives], but last summer, she had a rather nasty one that kept touching everyone, and the last straw was when it punched her daughter in the back of the head. She wasn't having that, so she rang the Glasgow association of spiritualists and they sent round a very nice man who cleared her whole house! I'm assuming you live in England. If so, you need to call the S.A.G.B. [Spiritualist Associstion of Great Britain] who also has someone who deals with the nasty ones! I'm not sure if I'm allowed to give out the number, but you'll find it easily on the net! Good luck and God Bless!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: