You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Heritage Square Museum, Ca

Real Ghost Stories

Heritage Square Museum, Ca

 

I volunteer at a museum called Heritage Square in Pasadena, CA. I have been volunteering there for 6 years. I have always known about Heritage Square; I live right up the street from it. I grew up with it and always loved it as a kid. I only wish I had signed up sooner. I never felt anything as a guest. I guess I never really noticed. My mother would always feel stuff and would ask the volunteers about it. They were never allowed to talk about it but they still told her off the record.

It was not until I started to volunteer there that I would feel and see things. It did not take long for me to get all these things. It was always one house, the Hale house. Maybe because I was in that house a lot. The little boy is a playful boy, fun too.

Within the last three years I started to notice stuff in the other houses. I never had been scared by anything that would happen to me in the house. I always enjoyed seeing the spirits or feeling them around the Museum.

Every now and then the Museum invites ghost investigators to come. I was invited to two of them. I was thrilled by it. I knew it would be interesting to go and I would have fun and stuff would come up.

The first one I went on was just the investigators and the Museum staff. We got fun stuff. We were on our last house and did get stuff. One of the investigators and I sat down and started talking to see if anything popped up, nothing much. Before I knew it, I had the cold chill on the left side of my body. I told the investigator. He sat next to me and felt it too and he smelled cologne. I did not smell it. I asked him if it was Old Spice. He told me he wasn't sure. But I knew who it was. I said, "Is this Oscar Levi Thomas?" And it was and it was my grandfather. We chatted with him for some time. I then I realized the weird feelings I was getting earlier in that house. The chat was fun.

The second investigation was one that was open to the public. I was invited to help out with that one. I was only glad I did not sign up for it. I was asked if I was going to do it. I said I am broke can't afford it. The person said you don't have pay just volunteer it so I agreed to do it.

The night of that public investigation, they explained all the rules to the guests for the Museum and told them who we all are. During that I kept getting a funny feeling someone was looking at us or staring at me. Now guess which it was. It was the building across from the gift shop the Hasting's house. It was on the porch I kept looking to get a better look. There was no one there. The ghost realized I knew it was there. It was thrilled I could see it. It was like, "Oh, you can see me. I am here." That's what I kept getting, "I am here. You can see me." I took a photo, but don't know if anything came out on it because I have not had a chance to look.

The investigation finally started. We went to two of the houses and got some stuff but didn't get much. Then we went to the third house, which was the Hasting's house. Right before they started the tour, the investigators told me they heard my nickname three times on the tour before us...weird. We did our tour in that house some pulled out there, like a new toy they got for ghost hunting that they don't know how to use quite yet. It was very cool, one of those things a spirit can talk in to and you can hear what they say. It was speaking like crazy, then stopped. I asked if I could borrow it and I walked around with it and it spoke like crazy with me. Was it goofing off or was it serious? I tried to get it to talk more but would not speak much. It kept saying "help" and letters. The rest of the house we didn't get much, but heard new stories. Ones I was glad to hear.

At the end of the night, I found out which staff was on the tour before us in the Hasting's house. So I asked him about my name being called and he confirmed it. Weird! Ghosts seem to come to me at the Museum now. I am scared of one area of the Museum that I've never been scared of, but since the first investigation I am scared now. The Shaw house, the doctor's office. I still go in the dark and turn off all the lights and they turn on by themselves.

I like the thrill of it and being scared. This why I volunteer to go into the house to turn off all the lights and lock up or get things because I like to see ghosts and so on. And I am not scared out my wits quite yet. I have many more stories about the Museum.

Other hauntings by teafortwo1922

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, teafortwo1922, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

teafortwo1922 (3 stories) (20 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-12)
[at] Petersspirit
You never know what your going to run in to what the ghost have to say. You never know if it is a family member or a ghost who just wants to be heard. Or tell you some peace of history about the building so on.
[at] Dragonstorm80
Thank you so much for your comments. I do hope get a lot more good experiences at Heritage Square. Well the doctors off scares me not engough for me never to go in there alone or in at all. I just get a heavy sad feeling like don't come in hear. I think the person died on the oprating table or when he was brought in. I get a he for some odd reason some not old some before 50 not sure of the age.
I thought about when I go to the museum when I am around doing stuff for the museum do my own little mini stuff and see what I get. I am there offten doing office work or events so on
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-28)
This museum sounds like a ghost hunters delight! You've certainly shared some very interesting accounts with us, and I hope that that the good experiences escalate and you do not have any bad ones. I am eagerly awaiting more of your experiences! 😊
Petersspirit (4 stories) (144 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-25)
Hi teafortwo1922,

These have been some very interesting experiences which you've shared here with us! The device you spoke of sounded really cool I think... I heard of ghosts talking into tape recorders and although I'm very open in my dealings with the other side, I do not yet wish to listen to such recordings. They will scare me, haunt me even, just a bit too scary for my taste.
Thanks for posting.

Peter,

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: