You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My Daughter's Scare

Real Ghost Stories

My Daughter's Scare

 

One Friday morning last September as was normal, I sent my daughter a text to make sure she was up for work. Jerrica said she was and told me she got scared when she came home the previous night. She said something in our house scared her. So I walked away from my desk and called her. I asked her to explain what she meant. Jerrica said when she pulled in the driveway at around 1:30 am, she got scared. At that time, we had two full-grown Australian Shepherds. Thinking maybe someone could have been in our backyard, I asked her how the dogs reacted: the dogs were fine. She said it was as she looked at her bedroom windows that she got scared. So I pulled the "mom card" and asked her why she didn't call me from her cell and tell me she was scared so I could come to the door. "I didn't think about it, Mom" she said. "Are you serious?" was my pretty much my reaction.

Just a little bit of background here that may or may not be relevant. My daughter has a friend that I don't like. This friend has tried to commit suicide, doesn't want my daughter to have other friends, and is a chronic depressant who wasn't taking her medication at this time (thank you, Facebook). A few months prior to this, one night when Jerrica came home from this friend's, I literally saw this shadow attached to Jerrica as she came in the door. Jerrica is an empath and when she's around this friend, Jerrica's whole personality changes. She doesn't have to tell me when she's been around her friend, I can feel it as soon as she walks through the door. That night though, I literally saw this shadow, sort of like a mist, around Jerrica. It completely freaked me out.

Anyway, Jerrica told me she felt like there was someone in her bedroom watching her that night when she came home. At first I thought it was just our ghost man, the one my story "My Ghost Who Cussed" is about. I thought maybe she realized he was there and it scared her because she had just watched "The Exorcism of Emily Rose" before coming home. But then I started thinking that all this negativity that Jerrica is bringing home with her when she's around her friend is staying in Jerrica's room. Jerrica leaves her windows, blinds and curtains closed. Doesn't let any sunlight in. She normally always has her bedroom door shut when she's home. So this negativity has nowhere to go. It's the perfect breeding ground.

Our ghost man is not bad at all. I've caught his voice on my DVR several times and I've never felt anything evil in his voice at all. While Jerrica and I were talking about this, Jerrica asked me, "What if our ghost man isn't good at all? What if he's just pretending?" I explained to her that she was going to drive herself crazy thinking that. I also explained to her that I've experienced evil twice in my life and told her about one of the situations. I also explained to Jerrica that if we didn't get this taken care of, get the negativity out of our home, we could end up with a poltergeist.

At lunch time that day, I went to a shop owned by some friends. After explaining the situation, I walked out of the shop with an oil created for Jerrica to wear, protection candles, Sweetgrass, Sage, and Sandalwood incense. When I got home that night, I opened Jerrica's windows, set the DVR to record, lit a protection candle, smudged, and while "sweeping" her room I demanded that any and all negative entities leave my home, that they were not welcome. I said a bit more, but that's the jist of it. When Jerrica got home I smudged her too.

When I first started talking in Jerrica's room, I said something along the lines of "if you didn't mean to scare Jerrica, than that's a little different" because I still believed she just scared herself. After listening to the DVR, when I got to that part, I heard our ghost who cussed say "Roger," which I took to mean he was agreeing with what I said. Kind of like "okay."

The following day, I asked Jerrica how she felt after I smudged her and she said she felt really good. I could see the difference in her. She looked... Brighter is the only way I can describe her. Jerrica and I had a long discussion about her room and the fact that I don't think there was anything negative in her room. I think that because she knows we have our ghost man (even though she doesn't want to acknowledge him), and she watched a scary movie before driving home late that night, she just scared herself.

There are several things that make me think this. One is the fact that our cat Rex aka The Demon Cat From Hell, lives in Jerrica's room. It's his room; he just let's her sleep in there. If there was anything negative in her room at all, Rex would show signs. Instead of pawing to want in the door, he'd be hissing at it and steering clear of it.

Another reason is I felt absolutely nothing when I sat in her room before "sweeping" it. No negativity at all. And when I listened to the DVR, the only voice I heard was our ghost man and there was no malice in his voice. Just the same tone he always speaks in. Just matter of fact.

Something else that might have some bearing on why Jerrica experienced what she did is this. That Thursday night my little boy and I were watching TV. It was really nice outside and we had the windows open. Dalton had asked me something along the lines of did I think our ghosts were gone, or could I see or hear them anymore. I told him I didn't think they had left, that because it was summer and the a/c was on it was too noisy and that maybe we just couldn't hear them. So he muted the TV and said out loud, "Okay ghosts, you can come out. We're not afraid. You can talk to us. You don't have to be afraid." Words to that affect anyway. And then Jerrica came home later that night and felt like someone was watching her. So I'm wondering if that's why our ghost man was in Jerrica's room that night. She's never felt like he was in there before and she's not noticed him since.

He didn't leave, though. Dalton saw him coming out of Jerrica's room a week later. I told him not to tell her. He asked me if it would "freak her out." I laughed and said "yep."

Other hauntings by Miracles51031

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Miracles51031, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

applerose (13 stories) (139 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-12-12)
Love this story... Just getting back into reading some... And of course I went straight for yours... Looks like I have quite a bit of reading to do.
It is real easy to freak yourself out... I know, I have done it on several occasions... Sometimes it turned out to be nothing - just my wild imagination and then... Sometimes it would be a visitor and once I saw their shadow or mist... I was good.
darkassassin92 (119 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-30)
Maybe you are right I seen on the discovery Channel where demons dwell and nightmare upstairs shows demons disguise as human spirits these 2 are very scary they freaked me out I don't know which is scarier but scary enough to keep you awake from my opinion.
Amihet (5 stories) (94 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-30)
Hi dark- I hope you don't mind if I chime in. I have my personal theory as to why people say that ghost are demons. Its very hard for a lot of people including myself to wrap our heads around the fact that spirits live on after death. They are invisible and invincible to boot. Spirits can move objects, can manifest at will and can interact with the living. It is a lot easier for people to accept demons because these people believe that if they are good or religious the demons will not bother them so therefore they believe that they are in control and protected by God. Now ghosts won't care if you are religious or not, they will interact with the living if they so choose so therefore the feeling is that we have no control over ghosts. That scares a lot of people and it also brings forth proof that there is an after life which can scare some people. But at the end of the day, we all have our own opinions based on our personal experiences. 😊
darkassassin92 (119 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-30)
Sorry if I sound like a rude person yes they do hate I don't hate or like anyone on here. I'm just neutral with people before I decide I need to know people. I been betrayed too many times so I have trust issues I had them since 2012. Sorry for putting this off topic I'm just telling people how I feel like anyone cares. I came on here because I wanted answers why people say ghost are demons youtube did not had what I want that's why.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-02)
clever - you're welcome 😊 They are beautiful and most of the time I adore them, except at 6:30 in the morning when they try and knock me down when I'm getting their treats πŸ˜‰ Then I want to give them to the next person I see LOL But I wouldn't trade them for anything. Give them away, yep. Trade, no πŸ˜† Seriously, though, they are amazingly smart dogs and the black and white one takes his "guard dog" duty very seriously.
clever210 (3 stories) (189 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-02)
It worked for me! Really beautiful dogs. I love animals! Thanks for posting those!
crystal1981 (6 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-02)
I'm sorry but what is an australian shepherd? I know you are referring to a dog breed but being an aussie I would like to know what is classified as an aus shep. If you have a kelpie or blue heeler or red heeler breed of dog they desend from dingoes and what you experienced may have a lot to do with the dreamtime
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-06-15)
adsouza - of course y'all do 😊. And I always have fun. There's not much point in it if I can't, now is there πŸ˜‰
adsouza (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-15)
We hear you. And I know I speak for quite a few when I say we understand.
πŸ˜‰
Have fun M!
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-06-15)
cosmo - wow, and I didn't even mention my family life. Thank you for mentioning them. Sometimes I feel like I leave granny alone too much to deal with this.

And you're right, it's best to leave it alone. And alone is where it is going to be from now on. This subject, as far as I am concerned, will never be spoken of again. On here or anywhere else. I just wanted people to hear my side.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-15)
Well said Miracles. Being a mod, and having to be neutral is not easy especially when you have a full time job that commands your attention not to mention your home and family as well. It just seems like this is one of those damned if you do, damned if you don't type situations. It's probably best to just let it be. ❀
adsouza (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-15)
Hmmm...Make that two individuals with loaded shotguns and trigger happy fingers.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
-1
12 years ago (2012-06-15)
Lou - I understand which side you stand on, and you've never had to defend that choice to anyone. The point I've tried to make a dozen different times, and feel like I've beaten my head against a wall, is I'm not taking sides. I can't call either of them a friend, so it's not a fight I care to be in.
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-06-15)
Marjie,
I would not want your task on this site. We all have different personalities based on our personal experiences and upbringings... Not all of them mesh, not all of them fit.
Your personal affairs are yours to deal with as you see fit... You don't need anyone's permission, nor do you have to justify it. Just as honesty goes a long way for me, dishonesty is a death sentence.
This whole mess came into our lives because someone chose to intentionally hurt a person, for sport, for the challenge... With the full knowledge that this person has already suffered more than most will ever have to imagine. Did this person always react in a way that was acceptable to everyone involved? Did this person always turn another cheek? Did this person weigh every option before instinctively reacting? No, not always... But at the end of the day, neither you, nor I was the victim of this sinister plot. Whether every comment or argument was well thought out or not, I call this person my friend.
No matter who you think he is; or how many online characters he portrays, he has openly admitted to his deceit.

And I have no ability to ignore or forgive him for what he has done.

Lou
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-06-15)
ada - the site is closed for new stories, but I strongly suggest you write the story about the woman in the blue dress that your little boy sees. The site will open again on Monday, unless something goes wrong πŸ˜†. Seriously, though, new stories are normally accepted on Mondays. Put as much detail in your story as you can. There are many people on this site that are willing to read your story and may be able help you. You will at least be given our best advice, that much I can guarantee.

I want you to know something, okay? Before I put this comment on this story, I looked at all my stories and couldn't figure out where to put it. Initially I had put it on someone else's story and then thought it may be better on one of mine. I finally decided to pick my last story.

I believe everything happens for a reason. And here you are 😊
ada (4 stories) (44 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-15)
I don't know any of you. Sorry for that... I go by the names on here and your story kind of sucked me in... And your name. I see things all the time. My lil boy says the woman in the blue dress goes by our bedroom door all the time. If your wondering who the lady in the blue dress is... Read my story... I believe you Soooooooooo believe you!
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-06-15)
Lou - this has been awhile in coming and is not in response to your comment. It is, however, directed at anyone who doesn't believe in me or questions my actions on this site.
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-15)
Marjie,

I do hope you realize I was not referring to you with regards to the delayed responses and calculated response times? Sorry if that is what I led you to interpret.: (

Lou
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-06-15)
For those of you who have been wondering, and I'm sure some of you are, when I visited Scbsd's site for help with a situation that he was UNABLE to help me with (Scbsd, I don't know if you even know that it was me) Miracles was nowhere in the name I chose to use.

I didn't want my YGS identity known, so I chose a completely different profile name to help retain that anonymity. I had a situation that I couldn't find help with here, as do many other people. I shared my story there, but Scbsd admitted he'd never heard of a situation like mine. He didn't believe I had an incubus; therefore, he told me he couldn't help me. He checked back about about a month later to make sure nothing had changed. My situation had actually gone away. End of story.

Did that forge a bond between us? C'mon, seriously? πŸ˜‰ I know y'all know better than that. And if you don't, well then, I guess there's nothing I can say to change your mind. And no reason for me to try, is there? 😐

BTW, the reason I don't comment on most of the crap that goes on is because I hate the drama and because I have a job, that I'm supposed to be doing instead of being on here. I've said many times that I sneak to get on here. If I get caught on here, they'll take away my internet privileges.

So when this stuff is going on, I either choose to ignore it because I don't want drawn into the battle, or I can't do anything about it because I'm working and don't see it. Those are the only 2 reasons.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-04)
sacul - I would love to put the recording on here. I just can't figure out how to isolate just those few seconds of the recording. I'm one of those who are "technologically challenged."
DannyBaby (3 stories) (44 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-04)
[at] Miracles51031 well then it is good that your daughter has been seeing and hearing spirits for quite a while... (that's a good thing.)
sacul (1 stories) (71 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-04)
You said you captured it on your DVR? Will you share the recording with us? I'd love to hear it!

😁
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-03-03)
DannyBaby - yes, everything is okay. No bad feelings, no more scares. My daughter is almost 20 and has been seeing and hearing our ghosts since she was 5. This is the first time she's been scared like this.
DannyBaby (3 stories) (44 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-03)
Miracles- well I've read this story and read it again to make sure I was reading right... Okayy... You daughter felt something watching her that night... Maybe it could have been the ghost man you were talking a out. (which reminds me I have to read that story.) anyways, I'm guessing everything is okay.?
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-02-29)
Missy - honestly? They're really good together. Neither of them picks on or "terrorizes" the other. I guess it could be the age difference (9
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
12 years ago (2012-02-29)
cosmogal - hey! You're here, you're here! I've been missing you 😊 Funny how the oldest one wants to hide from them and the youngest wants them to come out and play, huh? πŸ˜† My kids LOL

Poor Jerrica, she doesn't stand a chance. She's going to have to just accept it and go on. Bless her heart. And I agree, Dalton's attitude and acceptance just makes me smile (and makes me proud, if I do say so myself πŸ˜‰)
MissyM (2 stories) (152 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-02-29)
Great story of overcoming non ghosties and reassuring your daughter that everything was and is okay. 😁
I am surprised that Dalton didn't tell Jerrica that he saw your ghost man coming out of her room to "freak her out" lol What are little brothers for if not to pick at big sis. ❀
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-02-29)
Hey Miracles, I was thinking exactly what Darkness already said. 😁 Jerrica and Dalton are gifted and very lucky to have a mom like you to help them understand and deal with what they are experiencing. I am glad that your cleansing helped her feel better. At least she knows that your male ghostie is not there to scare her. I love Dalton's "come out come out where ever you are" attitude towards them. LOL πŸ˜† ❀
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-02-29)
adsouza - thank you for reading my story. Even though you have nothing else to ad, it's always nice to know someone has read my story 😊

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: