You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: Something A Little More

Real Ghost Stories

Something A Little More

 

Lyssaret again here to tell one more of my paranormal experiences. This one takes place when I was nine and I had just moved out of my old house with my newly married mother. She had married a guy named Nick and we didn't get along very well. I used to act up in the new house a lot to get attention from my mother, because she was always with Nick. In the new house, we had a basement where my play/game room was, so I spent most of my time down there. Especially when I had friends over.

Convinced I could no longer see paranormal, I had no more trouble with it, until one day I brought my friend Cassidy over. We were down in the basement making a lot of noise to get my mother to come down there, when all of a sudden Cassidy stopped. I smiled and asked, "Is she coming?" because Cassidy had sharper ears than I did. Cassidy just backed away from the stairs and started crying. I was worried. I didn't know what was wrong.

"Cassidy,what's wrong?" I held her shoulders. She told me that a man was in the house. I told her the only man in the house was my step-dad but he was at work. She just started crying harder and told me she didn't want to go back upstairs and didn't want to make any noise.

Later that night, I woke up to screaming in the kitchen. I ran downstairs and saw Cassidy in the fridge's light starring in the living room. I followed her gaze and in the living room saw a dark figure of a man running down the hallway to the guest bedrooms and bathroom. Cassidy all of a sudden fell to the ground and started screaming and crying. I told her to quiet down, but she wouldn't. The glass she was holding was shattered and milk was everywhere. I asked her why she got up without me and she told me she never remembered getting up. This worried me.

Cassidy was not allowed back over after this. None of my friends were for a while. Then I had a slumber party for my 10th birthday party! It was a girl-boy party, but only the girls stayed after. Cassidy was actually sick at the time but we figured she probably wouldn't stay the night anyways.

Me and my friends were down in the basement watching The Nightmare Before Christmas, when my friend Taylor had to go use the bathroom upstairs. I didn't want her to go by herself, so I went with her and told everyone to just continue to watch the movie. We reached the bathroom, and I stood outside the door when I heard the tub running. I told Taylor that was not the time to take a shower since it was getting super duper late. She opened the door and said she wasn't running water. I looked behind her and the tub wasn't running, and the noise had stopped. All of a sudden we heard a high-pitched blood curdling scream coming from right in the bathroom. We took off! We were so scared! We didn't sleep well that night.

Later that week, I was bouncing on my bed in my room and throwing things around to get my mom's attention, when something threw one of my fuzzy round pillows back in my face. I fell on my bed and picked up the pillow. I threw it back, and it sat there. I shrugged and when I got back up the pillow hit me in my back. (I was turned in the opposite direction of which I had thrown it.) I screamed and my mother came running into my room and yelled at me for making so much noise. She went on and on and on about how I was too old to be doing this. Then my mother turned into a complete stranger. She came up to me, shook my shoulder, and then shoved me off the bed. I hit the hard-wood floor with a loud THUD! I had hit my head on my dresser in the process and was on the verge of blacking out. My step-father came running in and when he saw me on the ground started yelling at my mom. All I remember is my mom screaming and asking how I was on the floor and then I blacked out.

More stories next week, but I want to believe my mother was possessed since she would NEVER do anything to hurt me. She just pushed me off the bed out of nowhere. She would never ever ever do anything like that. So I'm wondering, could it have been that black figure that possessed my mother, or was she not possessed? After that I went to live with my dad for the last time. That was the last time I saw him, and one of the only two times I saw my brother and sister. (Read my 2nd story if you haven't.)

So, questions and comments welcome, email me if you need more, and please answer my question so I can know why my mother hurt me like that. Thanks for reading!

Other hauntings by lyssaret

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, lyssaret, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

sacul (1 stories) (71 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-13)
If you studied any one person's stories I imagine you'd find inconsistency (try it!). I prefer to give Lyssa the BOTD. Maybe shes lying and is an obese 57yr old guy named Rob that lives in Alaska and has a great imagination. Perhaps his hobbies are hanging out at the petting zoos while reading stolen Victoria's Secret magazines 😨 (I don't know!). Kudos to you, Rob- I personally don't have the time to debunk your "BS blankey" (rolls eyes) from fact- so have at it and stay away from me. If I deem it a "BS blankey" 😜 I simply won't read it, but arguing with some weirdo from the desert or who-knows-where isn't my idea of fun.

God bless...
sacul (1 stories) (71 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-06)
Well put, Epic. The only point I gathered is that she's just having a bad day/week and is taking it out on others. Little surprising as I've read some of her other posts and she *seems* like a decent person. Seemingly not the type to lash out at strangers for no reason. Lol- "Pointing fingers"... 😕

Lyssaret-

Let us know how things are going! I'm interested to hear an update on activity when you have time.

Hope you're all well,

~S
epic_fail (5 stories) (51 posts)
+4
12 years ago (2012-03-05)
Javelina:

I think we've gotten your point... About three times, actually. Obviously you have a problem with Lyssaret and anyone who defends them. Good for you. Get over it.

Lyssaret:

That's an interesting story. I'm going to have to read your other two stories though, I haven't yet.
sacul (1 stories) (71 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-03-04)
Jav,

You seem to have gotten upset. If you'd like to start your own topic we can talk about it, but I don't think this girl's thread is the right place to vent or name-call.

I hope you have an excellent day!

~S
lyssaret (4 stories) (13 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-04)
Javelina,
You seem to have forgotten I have a friend who lives right beside me who has two computers... I spent the night at her house.
Enough explanation?
Lyssaret
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-03-04)
Lyssaret
Wow! Your library stays open late! That's pretty convenient for you. Nice...

Jav. Tap again to save
_
lyssaret (4 stories) (13 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-04)
Javelina,
I can assure you I am female. And I didn't change my story because of his comment...
But you know,whatever...I'm not going to argue.
Lyssa
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
-4
12 years ago (2012-03-04)
sacul,
No, of course you wouldn't. But you did encourage this same person to "educate" her parents. Now that is a lofty goal. She has already admitted that her mother doesn't neglect her. But then turns right around and says she does. And I'm sure it was only a coincedence that she changed her story directly after you posted your comment. Hmm, curious... You don't think it had anything to do with your encouragement, do you? Now, what's the technical name for that type of behavior? Couldn't that be considered a form of enabling? Yes, I think so. But no matter, it's not THAT damaging, is it?
Myself, I am not even convinced the author is a child. Or for that matter, a female. In this online world, you really don't know who it is on the other end of the modem. It's just a fun little hobby I have. Doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things, so who cares?
There are lots of ways you can inflict damage on others. But if you are hell bent on pointing fingers, be careful, you may just put out an eye.

Jav 😊
sacul (1 stories) (71 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-03)
Jav,

That's great, I'm happy to hear you've done well in your life. I can safely say that I won't agree with calling someone a "bad seed" for being in pain and needing their mother in any number of years, but you're entitled to an opinion, as we all are, and respect that.

Best wishes
lyssaret (4 stories) (13 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-03-03)
Granny,
I understand exactly where you're coming from. I don't have a cell phone,though,my mom doesn't want me having one.There's not a TV in my room but a small one in our basement where I usually hang out.I've volunteered to help with dinner, but my mom won't ever let me. We don't eat dinner together either, and my parents don't really check that I do my homework (I do it anyways,don't worry.)
And the only access to my internet is to the library right near our neighborhood, which I normally stay at on the weekends, or go to my friends house beside us, and they have two.
And yes, I make sure I have food in my stomach, they make sure I have a roof over my head, clothes on my back, and my own room.
You're right,it's not a trip to Disneyland, and I know there are kids out there that would love my life, even though it's not perfect. And they do stuff like go out to eat together and leave me at home, they go bowling, they go put-putting,to the movies etc., and they always leave me at home. But I do understand where you're coming from, and I do need to appreciate it more. Thanks for bringing a little to my mind.
😊 Lyssa ❤
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+4
12 years ago (2012-03-03)
lyssaret: What kind of things are you being left out of?...Let me ask you, do you and your family eat dinner together?...Do you have food in your belly, a roof over your head, clothes on your back, a bed of your own?...Do your parents make sure you do your homework?...I bet you have a TV, stereo, dvd player etc in your room... And I'd bet you also have a pretty awesome cell phone... And obviously, not only is there a computer available to you, you have internet!...

There are so many kids in this world who would love the oportunity to just reside with two parents, even if they don't get to spend every waking minute with them...

I suggest you cut your Mom some slack, and maybe try helping her with dinner some time... Or ask if you can help clean the house... It may not be a picnic in the park or a trip to Disneyland, but any time spent with loved ones is quality time... Count your blessings, honey 😉 ❤

This comment from Javelina is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

lyssaret (4 stories) (13 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-03)
To everyone that said I need to stop childish behavior 😆 That was three years ago, almost four. Not trying to sound rude if I did, just wanted to inform that I stopped when she pushed me off the bed.
But I haven't had a talk with her and Nick about how much I really want to see my dad again since I haven't seen him since. And how much I really want my mom's attention since her and Nick really do leave me out of a lot of things.
Sacul,I will totally check out that link. Sounds really great for my situation!
Thanks for reading everyone,
Lyssa
sacul (1 stories) (71 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-03)
Lyssaret,

You're right to need and want your mother's attention, and she needs to know how you feel. If she were in my area, the courts would require she attend one of our classes (as they do for all divorcing or separating parents) that teaches parents how to remember their children's needs in such situations. You're never to old to desire your mother's attention, so don't listen to anyone that suggests otherwise- especially the poster below.
No offense, Javelina, but this girl obviously needs some positivity in her life. Not to be called a "bad seed". Have a heart, buddy.
Divorce is not an easy thing for your parents, but is even harder for you. It is sad that most people do not realize this before it is too late. I partly agree with Troyarn in that you should talk with her directly and tell her you feel abandoned and that you miss your real father. As for stopping "childish behavior" well, you're a child and have every right to be one. Not contend for your parents' attention.
Refer her to some statistics here:
Http://www.marriage-success-secrets.com/statistics-about-children-and-divorce.html
"The DEATH of a parent is LESS devastating to a child than a DIVORCE." (Robert E. Emory)

I hope you read this and know that what you're going through is the hardest thing you will likely ever face in life, and at such a young age.
You can come out stronger and beat those statistics, kid. Educating your mother and Father is a good first step (even though that should not be your responsibility). It's better they realize now what effect this has on you than when you're an adult and it's too late to say "I am sorry".
Google "Divorce statistics children" for more such information and email it to your parents, print it out and post it on the fridge- whatever it takes to get them to understand what this is doing to you.

You have some demons to contend with that are more dangerous than anything supernatural, but I'm sure you can do it.

I wish you the best in life. Keep your chin up:~)

~S
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
-2
12 years ago (2012-03-03)
It sounds like mom finally had enough of your provoking. Sorry kiddo, but I'm in your mother's court with all of this nonsense. From the way you make it sound, I'm surprised she let it go on as long as she did. I know what it's like to have an evil stepdad, and yours doesn't sound like he's done anything but be there.
There's an old black and white movie from way back that you should watch sometime. The title of the movie is "The Bad Seed". It sounds like you have a lot in common with the girl in that movie, a whole lot... 🤔

Jav
troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-03-03)
Sorry to say, it seems you have a troubled life. Your mother was probably not possessed, but very angry due to you always acting up (I've seen it before). You want attention from her, she wants attention from her new husband. I do think you should sit down with her and explain in detail how you feel about your family situation and listen to her as she tells you how her situation is.
I would also suggest you stop such childish behavior. There's nothing paranormal here... Just a family on the edge. I hope things work out for you.
lyssaret (4 stories) (13 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-02-29)
granny,
Since Cassidy didn't want to go upstairs, I didn't bother to go investigate. And the tub wasn't wet. You can see it perfectly from the angle at the door. And yes, my parents rushed me to the hospital, and I was fine. Thanks for reading.
Lyssa
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+2
12 years ago (2012-02-29)
lyssaret: So what happened between the time your friend Cassidy didn't want to go upstairs, and later on that night?...Did you investigate to see if your step-dad had come home early, or if your Mom had a visitor?...And if, as you say, your Mom was "always with Nick", what was she doing while you were being a booger in the basement?...Obviously she wasn't with Nick at the time...

Did you check the shower/tub to see if it was wet?...You just took Taylor's word that she wasn't running the water... After your "black-out" did your parents take you to the hospital?...Head injuries can be very dangerous, and I can't imagine a parent not being concerned after their child blacked out...
lyssaret (4 stories) (13 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-29)
No,my mother never neglected me. I just had a difficult time adjusting to everything, especially since she wouldn't allow me to see my real dad until after she pushed me off the bed. I lived with him for a week, and that was the last time I saw him since then.
Lyssa
Elle0309 (2 stories) (39 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-02-29)
You stated that you had to vie for your mother's attention after she married Nick. Did she truly neglect you or do you think you were having a difficult time adjusting to the new situation? I'm asking because I had a similar experience with my step mom. I didn't get along with her either, but no one ever asked me how I felt. I ended up doing a lot of irritating things that provoked anger and discipline from my dad. However, it concerns me that your mother didn't realize how much you needed her. Perhaps she was in a place in her mind where she was being selfish. If that is the case, then it was likely that she overreacted from being tired of the behavior rather than an actual spirit causing it. I provoked my dad and stepmother terribly, though I was angry my dad married someone when I was happy with the way things were. It sounded like you were under a lot of emotional stress.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: