You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Ghost Of Ray Griffin, The Experience

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Of Ray Griffin, The Experience

 

While walking home from El Torito Cafe with my friend, I experienced something I have never felt before.

We where walking under the billboard on Boulder Highway and Wagon Wheel Drive. My friend was about 1 1/2 feet ahead of me when I saw a blur. It came from the ground on my left side behind me. I was intrigued, it was moving so fast. It went behind my back. I turned my head to trace it with my eyes when the unexplained occurred. When the blur was about 1 foot from my face, a strong tug pulled on my jacket sleeve. It startled me, pulled at me toward my right. I lost my footing for a second when fear kicked in. I pulled my friend's arm and said, "Run! Something touched me."

After recovering about 50 yards from where this occurred, we decided to investigate the man who died there. We later found out he was named Ray Griffin who perished in a motorcycle crash at the very same place the blur pulled me towards.

We walked toward a broken cross where the man's memorial was and paid homage to him. We thought the spirit was trying to tell us something. We decided to repair the man's cross and learn from his life by researching how he had died.

There are no other recorded experiences from this area that have involved him. We are the first. The man Ray Griffin died in 2008. He lived 21 years and died Tuesday at 7:40 pm.

The was a tremendous experience. To this day his broken cross memorial and a light to remember his life stand in his memory and this experience will always be in mine.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, adamchris, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-03-03)
enigmaticsoul - thanks for posting the link. It truly is beautiful, isn't it? ❤
enigmaticsoul (17 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-03)
Thanks for sharing your experience. And thanks to Miracles for the information you found. I have posted the link below which I highly recommend. Clearly he was loved and is very much missed by all those that knew him:

Https://www.facebook.com/pages/In-Memory-Of-Ray-C-Griffin-11-26-86-01-28-08/191709444210697?sk=info

It brought me to tears lol... How could it not...I've nearly lost my younger brother to various motorbike accidents. I hope to read more credible stories such as this on here in the near future:)
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-02-29)
adamchris - I realize, at the time, that must have been...shocking, to say the least. I do want to say that I applaud you and your friend for checking to see what had happened at the site.

I have a small question though, or rather a comment. I went on facebook and found a memorial page for Ray Griffin, which is absolutely so touching, it literally brought tears to my eyes. He was a beautiful young man. I just wonder why his cross would have needed to be repaired.

Regardless, thank you for submitting this story. Whether his spirit still lingers or has gone on, those who have facebook accounts, if you'd just take a few seconds and read about this man. You can search him under Ray C. Griffin or In Memory of Ray C. Griffin.

Reading the memorial to him, makes the questionable stories on here a little more tolerable for me right now.

Thank you, adamchris.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: