You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: Victorian Ball After Party In Pasadena Ca

Real Ghost Stories

Victorian Ball After Party In Pasadena Ca

 

I am a huge history buff. I go to as many history events in the LA and Pasadena area as I can.

In Pasadena there is ball called Social Dance Irregulars, short term SDI. They have them three times a year, I used to go to all them for two years in a row. A friend of mine lived in a huge Victorian home nearby where this ball was held. He would have after parties that started after the ball which ended at 12am and the party would go in tell 12pm the next day. Sadly he lost the house. I miss those after parties, they were so much fun.

It was during the summer of 2009. We went to that same after party we always go to after the balls. We all talked about all sorts of things, gossiped a little and tried find out how old some were. One of the guests knew how old that person was but would not tell because then he would be giving up his own age. It was fun trying any ways, good laughs.

Some said they knew how to do a séance. We thought that was the coolest thing ever. There were some of the people thinking this all bull shiat (the guys) but we girls did not care what the guys thought about it. We talked about it for a long time. The guy agreed to do it with us and he told us let's do it near sun set. So we started around 4:30 or so. There was about 7 of us left at that time.

The guy who was conducting it told us to close our eyes and listen for every sound we could hear in the house and say what we hear. It took a couple minutes for it to really start kicking in. I opened my eyes and started looking around the parlors and the dining area. Just to see if I could see anything. I kept them open the whole time.

I believe I felt like some keep walking in a L shape back and forth the whole time and messing with the candles. I am not sure about the candles because I did not check to see if any windows were open.

During the séance my friend kept naming off what she heard. She said she heard footsteps up stairs. At the end of that séance we found out some were asleep upstairs so we close that out. My friend said she heard in the kitchen glass breaking. No one heard it when she keeps saying she is hearing it. She also heard a woman's voice.

Before I knew it I started to hear 1930s music for a while. I did not say anything about because I was not sure. Because the host was playing really low Victorian music and I was not sure if it was in my head or if I was really hearing that.

The girl said she is hearing 1930s jazz music. Then I finally admitted I heard it too. After while I think my mind open up and I started hear the glass shattering in the kitchen as well. It was so much best ever. Never had that happen to me in my life.

My friend did the research on the house a woman has died in the house, don't remember how.

Other hauntings by teafortwo1922

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, teafortwo1922, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

teafortwo1922 (3 stories) (20 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-15)
ngute80
Ok! I went to your profile after to see it and saw that. I do believe things can be explain as well but what I heard I am certain it was peronal you had to be there. If you don't believe me fine
ngute80 (220 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-12)
Teafortwo-
Yes I do believe in ghosts. That why I come here, to read ghost stories. I also believe that some things can be explained.
teafortwo1922 (3 stories) (20 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-12)
[at] ngute
By the way I do hope for the best when I ghost hunt or doing any thing paranormal. But if there is nothing when I am doing paranormal stuff I accept it and move on. When I get paranormal stuff I am happy to get it. I am not desprate to get paranormal stuff. I just pick on seeing ghost and there happy to see me and I am happy to see them or feel them so on. Do you believe in ghost?
teafortwo1922 (3 stories) (20 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-12)
Every thing I heard that night I know it was true. If you don't believe me on this story fine you don't have to. There was no one in the kitchen that night and I don't think it was from some where out side it sounded like it came from in side. The music we heard was music from the 1930s very low and it sound like it was in the house. The guy who was hosting the party was playing Victorian classical music. We were at a Victorian ball that night and he was keeping to the theme. Those party's were so much fun. I will miss them a great deal. That was the only reason I would go to the balls is to go to the after party's. I could careless for the ball it self I was more excited to go to the after party then the ball stay up all night talking about history and hanging out so on.
ngute80 (220 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-01)
When people ghost hunt and do seances, or things like that they are hoping to experience anything paranormal and every little sound, bump or thud is more often than not perceived as paranormal. I agree with Casper that the things you heard was probably environmental, not paranormal. Of course I could be wrong. Anyway thank you for your story, and it sounds like you had a fun might.
Casper_the_ghost (9 stories) (180 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-01)
Hey, I liked reading your story but as you said your friend heard footsteps- which belonged to people upstairs probably pacing the rooms above you wondering what was going on below. And the music you both heard was the music the host was playing prehaps you both had a different take on it but still there was music. The only thing out of place is your friend hearing the glass breaking and then you hearing it. Although... Is she any bit of a prankster?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: