You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Psychic / Medium :: My Classmate, Bill, Showed Me How He Died

Real Ghost Stories

My Classmate, Bill, Showed Me How He Died

 

I graduated high school in 1967, and the Vietnam War was nearing its peak. Many of us guys, including one of my classmates, Bill, who graduated that year almost immediately found ourselves serving in the military. Bill had entered the Marine Corps, and became an icon to all of us who knew him by being the first to be killed in action.

Bill was a comical and likeable guy, and I considered him a friend, but not really a close friend, and by that I mean that we didn't live in the same neighborhood, we didn't run or hang together, or anything of that nature. We did, however, have a few classes together and would hang out at school. We knew little about each other's personal lives, and so I'm left to wonder why he, or perhaps I should say, my memories of him have haunted me throughout the years.

In 1969, two years after Bill and I had graduated high school, and while serving in the military myself, my late Mom notified me by letter that Bill had been killed in Vietnam. I heard later from other classmates that Bill was the "point" man on a routine patrol and was killed when he and the rest of his platoon were ambushed by the enemy.

I was saddened by the news of Bill's death, of course, thought of him often, and prayed that he was resting in peace. As time went on, I continued on with my life and Bill faded into a fond and sad memory that only came to light when someone or something reminded me of him.

Many years passed, then one night while I slept, I was suddenly jolted awake by a dream, or perhaps I should say a nightmare, of Bill. The really strange thing about the dream is that in it, I'm Bill. I'm seeing through his eyes. I'm walking point on a patrol. I'm scared, sweating from the heat, dirty, miserable, tired, thinking of home, and mentally praying that I would be lucky enough to survive the situation I was in and make it home in one piece. I'm an old man at the age of 19.

Although I was being as cautious as I had been trained to be, and with my weapon ready, I hunkered down as low as possible and slowly entered a bend in the trail through the jungle that I and the men behind me had taken. Without warning, and totally unexpected, a Viet Cong guerilla appeared out of nowhere with his weapon aimed at me. For a fleeting micro-second I had the urge, and this seems odd, to greet him with a wave and a smile, but before I could react at all, he fired his weapon. I heard the sound of the shots, and at the precise time the rounds slam into my chest, I wake from my sleep, terrified, confused, and wondering why that guy had shot me.

At first I considered the dream as weird, but still just a dream, but as time passed, I was awakened by the same dream a second time, then a third, then a fourth, up to, as best I recall, a total of 8 times. It's always the EXACT SAME DREAM, and even though I know what's going to happen, I'm always caught completely off guard. It's one of those dreams that is so realistic, my first conscious thought is "What the hell just happened?"

I began to wonder after the third dream. Is Bill trying to tell me something? Is he showing me exactly how he died? And why me, and not someone closer to him? Is there something he wants me to do? Is it my over-active imagination? Or is it just simply that I'm losing my mind?

Many years had passed, and I hadn't had what I refer to as "Bill's Dream" for quite a long time. I entered college, and through that school I landed a part-time job mowing grass around the grave markers and headstones at our local National Cemetery. I knew Bill had been buried at National, but I didn't know the exact location of his grave so I had mentally put finding his grave on my "to do" list.

One day I was mowing around the headstones on a hillside in the center of the cemetery where the flag flies at half-mast. To mentally entertain myself, I would read the stones and markers and occasionally ran across someone I knew or a relative. I was pulling my mower backward a few steps and wondering where Bill was buried, when I half-stumbled, half-tripped over the headstone that marked the grave behind me, and when I read THAT headstone, my heart skipped a beat from the shock. IT WAS BILL'S. Out of over 58, 000 gravestones and markers at National, I stumbled over Bill's at the precise moment I was thinking of him. I thought to myself, "What are the chances of that?" (Astronomical, I think, to this day.) I turned the mower off and took a short break to collect my thoughts and regain my composure. While standing there, I noticed the graves of a couple of other guys I knew from school and my old neighborhood.

Then, to put the icing on the cake, I had "Bill's Dream" that same night for the first time in ages.

Many years later, the wife and I went to Washington DC, and while there, we visited the Vietnam Memorial Wall. I took the crayon and paper provided as a courtesy, and got the names of all I knew, especially and including Bill's, from "The Wall". After we returned home, and even though I was unsure of any addresses, I mailed the names of those who were KIA to, I hope, their surviving family members.

It's been a long time since that last dream of Bill, and I'm unsure if there's any significance to these experiences, but I truly believe that Bill, in his own way and for unknown reasons, contacted me from the afterlife.

So to Bill I say, "Your life in this world was cut way too short, but during the brief time you were with us, you made our lives happier and more pleasant. Your name is now immortalized on a memorial in our nation's capital, and it is visited by thousands of people from around this world each year. You are still in the memories of those of us who knew you, and I'm sure I speak for us all when I say it was an honor to have known you. I hope to see you again, old friend, and until then, rest peacefully."

Other hauntings by Henleys

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Tennessee

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Henleys, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

texangirl94 (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-14)
i have experinced something like you did, but mine only happened once and I was awake. Read my page.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
-4
12 years ago (2012-03-09)
Serendipity,
My problem with your comment was the way you made a point of throwing all the other posters to the curb.

"although others here aren't prepared to see anything other than a ghost story in what you have written"

It's one thing to put up an alternate strategy, idea, opinion, etc. However, this is not the only time you have seen fit to blanket all others with criticism in trying to get your point across. If your view of the situation has merit, it will stand on it's own. And your first comment did that very thing. But it wasn't good enough apparently. You obviously felt it wasn't getting the attention it deserved, and instead of merely explaining further, you went with the "I'll be heard if I have to make the others out to be idiots" strategy. I don't know where that comes from, I don't really care either. I just know it's mean spirited.
Offer solutions if you think they'll help, but not at the expense of others. It is just that type of snotty attitude I see far too often lately. So like it or not, I will jump right up and defend against it.
Having an objection to what you believe to be truly harmful is one thing. You would be remiss in not objecting. I see no reason to be a snob about it. -

Jav
Serendipity (2 stories) (20 posts)
+4
12 years ago (2012-03-09)
Javelina...Why the hell are you metaphorically shouting at me? It couldn't be more inappropriate and misplaced!

Apart from anything else, I am not American. And my experience of the American veteren situation is NIL. I come with no baggage about it, and no preconceptions re anything to do with the Vietnam war or the veterens themselves. And I have no idea of what sort of help they did receive, or that they are (or are not) receiving now. I was just aware that some of what Henleys said made for very uncomfortable reading, and that obvious signals of something else were being ignored by people here in favour of a preferred simplistic ghost story scenario.

The comment, that you have apparently taken such extreme and nonsensical exception to, actually came from the crime of having been concerned for Henleys himself. It had nothing to do with all the other stuff that you are going on about.

For the record, what I saw was such as how how Henleys states that Bill "became an icon to all of us who knew him by being the first to be killed in action". That shocked me! That unconscious phrasing told me that he sees having died as being a state to be admired in itself. It might not be quite what he meant to say, but that made it all the more significant.

That Henleys was working in that cemetery as well, wouldn't have been the choice of someone who had genuinely come to terms with so many others having died. It points rather to someone trying to make up in some way, for their own survival, to those who didn't.

In his story, then, he makes a point of saying how he effectively greeted the hands of death with pleasure. Again, that isn't the lovely thing that was all others wanted to see! That's scary! That is again about seeing death as an enviable state.

And then again in his first reply to posts, he actually says that he is in a bit of a dilemma, because although he apparently has every reason to want to go on living, he's still looking forward to death.

Any one of these on its own wouldn't mean that much. But to have Henleys repeatedly go to the same place was something that couldn't be ignored to convenience. It was worrying, and I wouldn't have forgiven myself if I had just shut my eyes to it as everyone else apparently was. I have some knowledge of the subject and I know how important it is to have appropriate help. It isn't something to be ashamed of, and to have recommended NLP wasn't any sort of insult to Vietnam veterans. It is hugely powerful and effective, and I doubt there is anyone it wouldn't benefit.

So I just tried to make sure that Henleys had the back up that everything I had seen written was telling me he needed. And I am pretty disgusted that I am attacked for that!
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-03-08)
Well Henleys,
Don't let that stop you from having a good time in the process. There is always a way to change things we are unhappy with. And though perfection is in the eye of the beholder, if we don't agree, we can get someone else to take their place. Because our freedoms are great, and our elected officials can be voted out, eventually all secrets are brought to see the light of day. As for the corrupted officials, I would have to blame it on the people who voted them into office.
We never discuss politics here, it really doesn't fit in with all that we do. But if you sit tight, you can bet there will be a religious debate popping up at any moment. You don't need to participate either, it's a kick in the pants to watch! 😆

Jav
Henleys (3 stories) (12 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-08)
Bravo jav. My main issue is our corrupt government with its lies and cover-ups, especially concerning the Vietnam war, and how most of this nation's citizens are gullible enough to believe that we live in such a "great" country. When are they going to learn that our government is for the rich only, and most laws are created to keep the poor man down.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-03-07)
[at] Serendipity,
Normally I am right with you on most of your assessments. And when I am not, I usually keep it to myself. However, you made this statement,
"although others here aren't prepared to see anything other than a ghost story in what you have written",
And the personal nature of that statement compels me to reply.
I may not have the formal training or education in the study of the human mind. But I have years of working with, and a lifetime of friendships with Vietnam vets. From my experience and just common sense, I can assure you of one thing. You do not force them into anything. You cannot paint them into a corner hoping for a confession of mental imbalance. It's not them that have the problem in that scenario, it's the one doing the pushing. I don't come to this from the role of an enabler, I come to this from experience. For decades now, they have heard nothing but how they are damaged and need professional help. This comes from the same people who pushed them away in the first place, told them there was nothing wrong with them when they knew there was. They were basically told to "walk it off". This society pushed them to the outskirts by labeling them as "those crazy Vietnam vets". Asking stupid questions like "why don't they give it a rest? It's over". And now they want to help. Not just offer them help, no. Force them to accept it by denying benefits until they comply.
My advice? When you meet a Vietnam vet the first thing you need to do is welcome them home. They NEVER got that, Every one of them will tell you that within the first two weeks of their return home they learned to lie low until their hair grew out, and never speak of it again. No one wanted to hear it. Does that make them all damaged? No. A lot of guys just dealt with it and moved on. They are just fine today. Putting Henleys in a category of someone dealing with survivors guilt because of his status as a Vietnam era vet is just the same thing all over again. It's an assumption made out of a knee jerk reaction to the status, not the man. I happen to feel that Bill gave him the gift of his experience so that he could move forward as a healer to his fellow vets and their loved ones. That's the brotherhood of the Vietnam vet. They trust each other, it works. They know what the other guy knows, they feel what he feels. Just slide over and offer them a seat because they're back. They're home. Welcome them, thank them, but for God's sake, stop pushing them.

Jav

~And anyone that wants to argue this with me can take it over to one of my threads. But I warn you now, you better know what you're talking about because I will cut you off at the knees if you don't.
Serendipity (2 stories) (20 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-07)
Henleys... I wasn't sure if you had that sort of back up. I'm very glad you do. I'm only sorry that such things are needed! Wish you well!
adsouza (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-07)
LOL Jav!
I love reading your comments among all th others. And I love that you like to have the reputation that you have (After all - we work towards gaining such reputations;-). I have my own reputation around places that I spend time at)
And if there are raised eyebrows and popping eyes, let them be! LOL! Thats just the way it is...
Thanks again Henleys for sharing such an experience which brings out aspects of people that (in Jav's words) some will have a hard time believing their eyes.
Henleys (3 stories) (12 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-07)
To Serendipity:
Thanks for your concern. I take life as it comes to me, and have learned to enjoy the "ups" and deal with the "downs" as best I can. I am a disabled vet, and see many VA doctors, including a "shrink" who I adore, and she has said I'm one of her favorite patients and looks forward to talking with the wife and me.
I'm okay, really, and am content and feel blessed with how my life has turned out so far. Thanks again, and not to worry.
Serendipity (2 stories) (20 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-07)
Henleys...I think it is very good that you haven't experienced the dream for a long time now. The lovely gesture re the commemoration of the names seems to have served a purpose, at least in part, beyond the act.

But, although others here aren't prepared to see anything other than a ghost story in what you have written, I have. And there are multiple pointers in both the story, and your replies, to your having suffered considerable distress as a result of your military expertiences and losses endured. That you don't have the dream any more is a good sign, but I think some of your thinking is still not entirely healthy, or you simply wouldn't have put some things the way you have. Since you are probably very used to it now, you might not even be aware of it any more, but that doesn't mean the inappropriate effects aren't still there. And it seems to me that writing this story in itself was about it still all being a bit too close for comfort, and as a way of asking for help. But although you have had some nice positive comments here, which is all to the good and which you obviously wanted and appreciate, they aren't going to do more than paper over cracks if cracks are indeed still there. Please may I therefore suggest that you go to find a good NLP practitioner to help you rearrange some of the metaphorical bricks by which you construct memories so that negative impact, from any that are not so constructive to your life now, is reduced.

I wish you very well!
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-07)
Henleys,
That's awful sweet of you to say, but I assure you, there are people reading this that probably can't believe their eyes. Thank you for the lovely thoughts, but I'm afraid you may ruin my reputation as a hardass with that kind of talk. 😆

Jav 😊
Henleys (3 stories) (12 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-03-07)
Thanks Javelina... I've thought about investigating Bill's death through veterans organizations to find out about witnesses, survivors of the ambush, etc., but having known Bill's personality (likeable and comical), there's no doubt in my mind at all that he was with friends. Therefore I decided to leave it be simply because I would NOT want to be responsible for bringing up any sad and painful memories of this terrible loss to anyone else.
As for you, my dear, it's obvious you have a soft and tender heart filled with love and compassion for others and I'm sure you are loved by all who know you. I know I love you already and don't know you, so allow me to ask, what's it like to be an angel?
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-03-06)
Henleys,
No reason to feel sorry, my questions were merely out of curiosity, nothing more. No pressure here, I assure you. My last post was typed up before I realized you had already commented. I feel that if anyone has a grip on this experience, it is you. And I happen to agree with you in this. You seem like a very grounded person, and what you did by making the rubbings and passing them forward was such a kind and touching act, it really did bring me to tears. I believe Bill's gift to you was just as you say. And the symbolism is there.

~Life is short. The length of the dream shows that.
~Appreciate and enjoy God's most precious gift, Life. His thoughts were about going home. His appreciation for his family.
~Show love and compassion to others. That was the brief flash you gor that made you feel like giving your attacker a smile and a wave.
~"If we, the living, do this, we have nothing to fear when we make the inevitable journey through the Valley of Death." The pain you DIDN'T feel is what is important here. You got a glimpse of Bill in his last moments. His thoughts, prayers, and near reaction at the inevitable outcome of the encounter. The Valley of Death didn't take long. I have to believe he crossed over into the light almost immediately.
He came to you, you took his gift and passed it forward. Just as you continue to do in the way you live your life and your interactions with those you touch. Just as you have done here. Everyone who reads this account is touched by your words and humble demeanor. Thank you again for sharing this experience Henleys. I'll be passing it forward as well. ❤

Jav 😊
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-03-06)
Henleys: That's okay 😊...Tangible confirmation is always nice, but I think the fact the dreams ended after you took the steps you did, leads me to believe your experience was paranormal...

After all, when can any of us say we ever have "real" proof?...

Looking forward to more accounts from you! ❤
Henleys (3 stories) (12 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-06)
I must admit that I know nothing about Bill's death in Vietnam other than what I've told already. I didn't know his unit nor do I know of anyone who served with him.
The extent of my knowledge is simply he was killed while walking the point position on patrol and that the recurring dream has always been exactly the same.
Sorry.
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-06)
Serendipity,
I can follow your train of thought... I also believe that our mind provides us with tools we cannot handle in a fully conscious state, and also that it provides us with coping mechanisms for the purpose of self-preservation. The true test in my opinion is, and it has been asked already by Jav; are there any survivors who witnessed Bill's final moments. If his end was different than Henleys describes, then his dream likely is just helping him through survivor's guilt. But, if he has no knowledge other than the basics of the event, but the dream provided details of the event as they happened, I would surmise that contact was made beyond what his mind could formulate on its own.

Lou
WReck72 (1 stories) (116 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-06)
You know how you said you felt the urge to greet him with a wave or smile and you thought that seemed odd. It's possible it was a local "friendly" unit that Bill had been working with. I know that sounds out of place sense you mentioned him and the rest of his platoon were all killed, However there are reports of some of the south Vietnamese killing the Americans that had been sent in to fight along side them, because to a small village the politics of the country had no real effect on them and if they just killed the Americans them selves they could go back to their daily lives. The memory may have been so strong and lingering after death because of a strong sense of betrayal attached to it. Just a thought I had when reading your story. That might explain the odd urge to greet them.
Henleys (3 stories) (12 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-06)
To answer the question, have I dreamed of Bill lately? No, I haven't in ages. Hopefully he's resting in peace because he hasn't desturbed my rest in a very long time. Lol
Now that I've said that, and remembering his sense of humor, he'll probably wake me up for spite. Lol
Serendipity (2 stories) (20 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-03-06)
I am not a believer in anything and everything, for the sake of it. I know the brain (and our whole neurological system) is extraordinary, and that many of its capabilities are unrealised and certainly underutilized. And one function that I do think exists to different degrees in different people is what is generally termed "extra sensory perception". I don't think it is "supernatural", though, as in beyond normality. I think it is entirely natural and perfectly normal. Current scientific knowledge just doesn't understand how it works fully yet.

And dreams, when our brains are functioning at the right wavelengths and when consciousness isn't getting in the way, are potentially terribly important in many respects. It is when subconscious problems are worked out, and when outside influences can apply that our waking selves either wouldn't recognise or would simply deny. And although most dreams are indeed about resolving things to do with our everyday lives, some are not necessarily quite as simple. And common sense says repetitive dreams are more likely to potentially be the something else. And there is little doubt in my mind that Henleys' dream of Bill was, at least, working at a more significant level. For whatever reason, something/someone somewhere (including Henley's own unconscious mind re residue survivor guilt) was working to a purpose. And what it achieved was obviously well worth achieving. To so honour those who died was a lovely gesture that I hope brings some peace and some resolution not just to Bill, if he's aware of it, but to all so affected, most particularly Henleys himself.
adsouza (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-06)
Thank you for sharing your experience Henleys. I'm sure everyone who has read it and either posted or not, has been touched in a way. I for one, am touched. I have a similar experience, which I will share sometime, but for now, I know what to do, thanks to you.

Thank you once again for sharing.

Amit
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-03-06)
Henleys,
The word coincidence can be wiped from the dictionary, as far as I am concerned. Jesus does provide us a path, and even if it is not apparent, or we get lost along the way; he still shows us what we need to know. You may not have been Bill's first attempt at getting his story told, but you were the most receptive. You have honored your friend and comrade with this story.
What strikes me the most is the moment just before he was shot. Regardless of what was reported about our troops behavior during this conflict; and how many were maligned upon their return, most were not career soldiers. Most arrived as kids and never got a chance to become what they felt would deserve honor... They ran out of time.
Bill wanted everyone to know that he was not what was portrayed by the media; he was just a young man doing his job, dedicated to his country; and when he faced death, his response was to greet his fellow man with respect, even when he was not afforded the same.

You have done him proud.

Also, thank you for paying attention to what my friend Deane does for those who sacrificed so much. She will never take, or feel she deserves the credit she does, for the difference she has made in so many lives. Although she was not stuck in that mud in that jungle, she has pulled many of our boys out of it, and I for one, refuse to overlook her dedication.

Lou
Mabs_Sith_Lord (72 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-06)
Thanks for sharing your moving story mate.

I just want to say that the dream was not a coincidence, I think Bill was trying to reach out to you. Your dream gave an insight into how precious life is and how quickly it can be snatched away from us.

Thanks

VSL
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-06)
Henleys,
I have been thinking ad out your dream since yesterday. I just couldn't get it out of my head. The vividness of it, and you being Bill in the dream has me thinking along other lines as far as why it was you he came to. I think you may already have an idea about it yourself, so I'll just keep it on hold for now.
Do you happen to know if anyone from that patrol survived the ambush? Not sure if it is significant at all, but I feel compelled to ask.
Just out of curiosity, did you dream of him after you wrote about these experiences? I know that one is a long shot, but you never know until you ask.

Jav
Henleys (3 stories) (12 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-03-06)
Thank you all for your kind comments. They are thought provoking and have provided possible answers to my questions of "why".
I believe that when those who have passed on contact us, they are indeed trying to tell us something, and although their methods are mysterious and can raise many questions, it's up to us to figure out the answers.
I truly believe that the most important message of all is that those on the "other side" are telling us to appreciate and enjoy God's most precious gift, Life, and show love and compassion to others. If we, the living, do this, we have nothing to fear when we make the inevitable journey through the Valley of Death.
Personally, I'm in a delimma. I love my life, and I'm in no hurry to leave my loved ones behind, but I also look forward to the peace of the afterlife. To be a "free spirit", so to speak, to hang out with angels and other spirits, to once again see my loved ones who are already there, and to meet Jesus is going to be so very, very cool.
Morticia1 (6 stories) (162 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-03-06)
Thankyou henley for posting this and thankyou granny for publishing it!

Dreams are there for a reason, some to clear our subconcious others, like this, are on a spiritual level.

And a big thankyou to the veterans, be they Australian, American, Canandian, British etc for what they do for us and everyone around the world!
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
12 years ago (2012-03-05)
Henleys - Thank you for submitting this beautiful story. I, personally, don't believe in coincidences. I believe the dreams and you finding Bill's grave site happened exactly the way they were meant to.

Bill chose you for a reason, whatever that reason may be. Maybe he knew you were the one person who would do what you did: contact the surviving members of those who were KIA, just so they know someone remembers and cares. Others might have done nothing except acknowledge the existence of a lost classmate or friend.
Oliver (1 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-03-05)
This really hit home to me, as I am also from
Tennessee and had a friend named Bill who had joined the Marines and was killed in Viet Nam, but in 1967.
A few years ago I found a video on youtube that
Was dedicated to his memory. I'd like to share it
With you if possible? Www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uHSJh2xa_g
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-03-05)
[at] zzgranny,
You did the right thing lady. Now, if we can just get you to sit still for this Halo fitting...

Javelina 😊
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+4
12 years ago (2012-03-05)
I believe firmly that our dreams are conformed by our third eye or what I refer to as our spiritual consciousness and when we sleep, we are disconnected from this world and are a part of another with spirit and mind... 90 percent of dreams are usually designed in concept of mind based around conscious circumstances day to day interactions etc and I believe what we are doing on a spiritual level, as these interactions curiously play out in our dreams, are all a part of our development and spiritual Journey, the complexities and capability of our spiritual consciousness are truly impressive and probably beyond comprehension for some... For in these other 10 percent of dreams comes the power to astral project, have premonitions and interactions with other spirits of whom have already crossed over for vast sometimes important reasons... A couple of points with your story which in my mind validates it as a paranormal account...1, Bill knew a fair while ago that one day you would stumble across his grave and all this would open up and be clearer for you to see... And 2, having repetitive dreams such as yours usually vindicates a reason? You responded by sending the K.I.A letters and this is what he wanted you to do... Your account was no coincident, thank you for sharing.

Aussie
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-03-05)
Henleys,
After bawling my eyes out for the last 20 minutes, I have to say that you have done Bill proud. He chose you for a reason. He knew you would get it. Who knows why he felt so compelled, but the fact that he chose you is significant. I firmly believe there are no coincidences in this life. You working at the local National cemetery, and mowing lawns especially, was in no way a fluke. Pulling the mower backward, not paying attention, all that has significance as well. He got you man! That made me smile when I read it. I didn't know him, but I do know. The image in my mind is of him tripping you and laughing at your reaction when you realized it was his headstone. Some may not see it the way I do, but that's the image that hit me first. No coincidence, not an accident, just the way it was meant to be. Just like you finding this website. I'm thinking maybe Bill needed to be welcomed home. His story needed to be told.
He knew exactly what he was doing when he chose you, there's not a doubt in my mind about that. You're a good man Henleys. Thank you for bringing Bill with you.

Welcome home Bill,
Thank you for your bravery. It will not be forgotten. Your journey has been long, but you can kick off those boots now I hope, and rest in peace. ❤ ❤

Jav

~~You have done me a great honor Henley, thank you, 😊 ~~

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: