You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: The Shadow In The Bedroom

Real Ghost Stories

The Shadow In The Bedroom

 

Greetings everyone, this is my first night as a member and I want to share my experiences with you.

I am from a small Northern Canadian city and I recently turned 21, I am female and happily living with my long-term boyfriend. This story takes me back to when I was in middle school, living at home with my parents.

I would like to start off by saying when I was about 8 or 9 my parents decided to divorce, my father initially moved into an apartment on the other side of town. Soon enough he moved into a fairly nice trailer only a few minutes away from my mother's house (where I lived Monday-Friday.)

Almost immediately upon moving into this trailer with my dad I felt negative energy coming from inside the trailer, primarily coming from my father's room. I never saw or heard anything out of the ordinary, just 'felt' like something wasn't quite right... Until I was about 13 or 14 years old.

It was late, my father had already headed to bed and had been sleeping for about 2 hours. I was sitting in the computer room tapping away at the keyboard. I heard something coming from the kitchen. It sounded like a cupboard being closed. My dad has a tendency to get up in the middle of the night and pop antacids or get a drink of water. I jumped up and looked into the hallway, I couldn't see him so I walked into the living room. All the lights were on in the house aside from the one in his room. His door was open and I saw a shadow moving into my dad's room. It was an obvious shape, a tall body with a rounded head. It moved fairly fast like it was walking into my dad's bedroom. I wanted to say hi so I went into the hallway and pushed the door open wider, my dad was fast asleep.

My father has had problems with sleep since he was a kid, it takes him generally 45 minutes to an hour to actually fall asleep. I called his name and he didn't respond. He was out like a light.

I remember feeling a chill run up my spine, I stared into the darkness beside my dad's bed and just felt unnatural fear. I ran out of the room, and back into the computer room. I sat there shaking at the events that just happened.

To this day I'm still not entirely sure what to make of it, his house STILL makes me incredibly uneasy.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, maplegunman, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

maplegunman (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-08)
Thanks for your comment, Serendipity!

I haven't caught up on the stories yet, but I'll surely check it out!:)

Yes, I should have been more clear in my thought process.:P I new it was a figure of a shadow but because of the lighting in that side of the house, I never jumped to conclusions that it didn't seem natural and that it was clearly not a human figure. (With colour and what-not, if you know what I mean) It's hard to explain but it never occurred to me in that span between seeing the shadow to checking on my dad that he wouldn't appear as a shadow as he did...

It's quite possible I'm missing a part in my story as well seeing as it was so long ago, but from what I remember that's how it progressed.

True! I consider it a possibility, but with his history of sleeping like a log, I am leaning more towards something less natural.

I am also looking into this idea that shadow people feed on negative energy as my dad was extremely depressed at the time.
Serendipity (2 stories) (20 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-06)
I have actually just posted a tale about a figure having been seen at the end of a bed, and a shadow person could be an area to think about for me too. I will go and look them up as well. But in the meantime I am a bit confused about when you decided you only saw a shadow walking into your father's room, when before you saw he was asleep you had been certain enough it was him (as a solid real person), to want to say "Hi". Given that you say it wasn't unusual for him to get up in the middle of the night, it is not impossible he was sleepwalking.
maplegunman (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-06)
I did, yes. The next day, I asked him if he remembered getting up and he said no. He's never walked in his sleep either. He is a very strong disbeliever in ghosts so I think even if something did happen he would brush it off as nothing, an explainable phenom.

Oh wow, I've heard of shadow people. Negative feelings? So perhaps it was following my dad? Or something negative occurred in his room specifically, maybe?

I will look it up, I'm curious.

Thanks a lot for your advise and for reading!:))
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-05)
I gather you assumed it was your dad until you realized he was sound asleep. Have you asked him about it or if he's ever experienced anything in his home? It could have been a shadow person experience. I think they are sometimes associated with negative feelings. You can research shadow people online and see if this helps you to understand the experience.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: