You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: The Calm Before The Storm

Real Ghost Stories

The Calm Before The Storm

 

I would like to share with you all my very first experience with the paranormal. It really wasn't bad. It was actually kind of nice.

Small back story, otherwise it would make no sense. I moved to Moreno Valley, CA, when I was five or six. At the age of six, I made my first friend on my street. He lived in the center house of the street. His name was Jim. He was the sweetest man that I to this day have ever met. He was always nice to me, insisted on meeting my parents so they wouldn't freak out. He had to have been in his late fifties, early sixties. Anyway, as time went on, we became the best of friends. He used to make me lunch and play the piano for me. There was one specific song that he played a lot. It was a lullaby that he had written for his daughters when they were younger. It was beautiful.

About a year passed and one day Jim gave me a gift. It was a pretty glass jar with a gold handled lid. I put cotton balls in it since I didn't want it to break and nothing else to put in it at the age of seven. A few days after I received the gift, I was playing in my room and the jar shattered out of nowhere, all on its own. I couldn't figure out why seeing as all that was in it was cotton. I cleaned up the mess and went to go apologize to Jim for breaking the gift he gave me. When I ran outside I saw an ambulance at his house and people were rushing in and out. Jim had died. I found out later that his exact time of death, was the exact moment that the glass jar shattered.

About a week later, I went to bed listening to country music on my radio. I woke up in the middle of the night to piano music coming out of my stereo instead. I picked it up and tried to change the station, but no matter how far I turned the dial, the same music played without pause. I sat there and listened to it for a second and realized that it was the lullaby that Jim used to play for me. I began to cry, and a strange light caught my eye. It was a small blue orb floating over my desk. As I watched, it "buzzed" around my desk for a bit then came to float right in front of me. I was overcome by a feeling of warmth and love and almost instantly fell back to sleep.

When I awoke the next morning, I walked over to my desk to find a note addressed to me. It said: "Don't cry for me anymore, sweetheart. I know you miss me, but I am in a much better place now. I will always love you for you gave me peace and companionship when I had not much else in life. Be safe and stay strong. With all my love, Jim"

The note was even in his handwriting. I wish I knew where the note was now, but I can't for the life of me remember what happened to it. After this experience, I knew there was more to life than just the people around me. That there were things or people that I couldn't see. This was pretty much my intro into the paranormal. If only they were all as nice as this one. I will post more of my experiences when I can. Thanks for reading.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Minelae, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-07)
Lovely story Minelae, Jim sounded like a very caring person I'm sure it was very heartbreaking to have to see him go. The activities you witnessed from him are great reassurances that he thought fondly of you and was a very touching thing for him to give you this sign as a goodbye. You should feel blessed. 😊

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
Elle0309 (2 stories) (39 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-06)
Such a sweet and comforting story:). I love the elderly and have always thought they were a treasure. May Jim be at peace now.
Casper_the_ghost (9 stories) (180 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-06)
Lovely touching and warming story. Jim sounded like a really nice man. I did have the same thoughs as Pjod though. But it would be nice to think Jim wrote to you.
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-06)
Just curious about that note- how you knew his handwriting at such a young age. My kids are about the same age, and they know nothing of familiar styled handwriting...
Is it possible one of your folks left that note to ease your troubled mind?
bluefoxx01 (81 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-06)
Such a heart warming story Minelae, if this was true you would find a lot more people in this world with no worries for loved ones who have died. They would carry these notes around with them content that they were safe in the afterlife. Unfortunately most people have to die to find out. Peace and love be with You Minelae
ghostly94 (2 stories) (23 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-05)
How sweet of Jim to come back and let you he's safe 😊 He must have been a nice man 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: