You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: Ghost Dog And Old Lady

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Dog And Old Lady

 

This is a compilation of my parents' experiences. They have each given me permission to share their stories with you.

My mother has had many experiences. Her first experience was when she was about 13 or 14 years old. She lived in the house mentioned in "Black Figure Appears During Storms". For those people who haven't read it and for others, as I didn't really go into much detail about it, I will describe it's layout. As you walk in the front door you have an L-shaped hallway that leads into the reception room with a study next to it. You have patio doors leading out into the garden as well. You then walk into another hallway that leads to the living room on your left and the backdoor on your right. Next to the backdoor was the stairs on the right and the kitchen door on the left. If you walked through the living room you could see through the dining room and into the kitchen, as each had an archway instead of a door.

Upstairs was 3 bedrooms, two on your left and one on your right with a big bathroom next to it. The you had the stairs that led to the attic directly over the main staircase. Upstairs was a mini hallway and two rooms, one an actual attic and one a bedroom, the bedroom being on your left.

My mother used to have a Labrador Retriever which had a golden coat, its name was Sara. She used to sit on my mother's feet whenever my mum was sad. She died when my mum was 13 years old. The day that Sara died my mum was in her room. She was quite upset because Sara had to be put down, I can't remember the reason why. My mum's feet then felt warm despite the cold weather. She looked down and saw a golden glow. The glow went and my mum looked at the door to see the ghost of a dog, a Labrador Retriever, and then it disappeared. She has always said to me that whenever she felt sad she would feel a warm glow and then see the dog. This happened in all of the rooms but the most common was the living room which was where Sara used to sleep.

My step-father's experience was when he was 12 years old. He lived in Wales at the time and down the end of the road was an old abandoned house. He and his twin brother used to go there and play. This house had no upper flooring as it had all fallen through some time before they moved there. He was walking home from school with his brother and they looked at the house to see if anyone was inside. They always did this before they planned to go and play in it, to make sure that they wouldn't get caught. My step-father looked up at one of the top floor windows and saw an old woman with long, grey hair staring at them and shaking her head. He knew that this wasn't an actual live person because there was no floor at all. He pointed this out to his brother and they both ran home and later found out that this house was haunted and that was why no-one had bought the house and the council hadn't demolished it. They never played there again.

Thank you for reading.

Other hauntings by PebblesnBammbamm

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, PebblesnBammbamm, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-09)
The dog and your mum, wow, that seems really cool. Sad that the dog died, but it sounds like the dog was saying goodbye to your mum. How cool. I hope my cat stays on after she passes. Thanks for sharing.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
PebblesnBammbamm (4 stories) (30 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-09)
Casper: when I heard about the lady it gave me the chills too, I'm glad I wasn't around then. Thanks for the comment. 😁
Lou: Thanks for the comment as well 😁, my mum always said that Sara was loyal and I must've been about 6 when I heard this and I cried 😁
Casper_the_ghost (9 stories) (180 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-09)
Glad your mother's dog stayed with her that was a very nice story gave me a warm feeling. The woman at the window however, gave me chills! And the thought of knowing she wasn't real when there was no flooring made me whimper!
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-09)
PnBB,

The old lady in the window account is pretty awesome. Not only was she present, they saw her actions clearly... It was obvious she did not approve of their presence or behavior in her home.

Sweet story with regards to your mom's dog... Loyal to the end, and beyond.

Lou
PebblesnBammbamm (4 stories) (30 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-08)
Thats alright 😁 glad you liked it. I always liked my mother's story when I was younger and wanted to share it with other people.
moravian (1 stories) (171 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-06)
Thanks for a great story. Dont know what else to say other than... Thanks... Mate.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: