You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Happy Birthday

Real Ghost Stories

Happy Birthday

 

When I was 9 years old, we lived in a 3 bedroom house that has a big front & backyard. Nothing was odd or weird going on at the first few months after we moved in. As the months go by, I started feeling that something is wrong or something is going on inside & around the house. I would hear footsteps in the hallway when no one's there. I would see the bathroom lights turning on and off by itself even when no one was using it. The electric fan was on even when it wasn't even plugged. The chandelier would sway back and forth for no apparent reason.

It got worse at night, especially when we're all asleep. I would wake up in the middle of the night and see by my bedroom door a woman slowly floating away. I would see shadows even when the lights were on. I saw a woman in white in my backyard just staring at the full moon.

Finally, one night, I woke up and at the foot of my bed was a woman staring outside my bedroom window. I thought it was my mom so I called out "Mom?". The woman turned around and she smiled at me. Then she said "Happy Birthday". Because I was so drowsy with sleep that I just said "thanks". The following morning I asked my mom if she was in my bedroom and greeted me happy birthday. My mom said "No, I wasn't in your room this morning or last night" I didn't want to know who was in my bedroom that night.

We moved out of that house after 3 years. The family that moved in after us had worse experience than us. But that's another story...

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Maricris, has the following expectation about your feedback: I won't be reading the comments.

lovebugs (3 stories) (31 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-16)
hi! Nice story. What's the title of your next story related to this?:)
lilu (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-24)
Why she greeted you a happy birthday? Is it really your birthday? I'm glad you and your family moved out in that house, what happened to the family that moved in after?

Thanks thanks... Nice post!
wendymneil123 (7 stories) (24 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-11)
I'm glad you moved away but could you let us know whether it actually was your birthday? 😕
Adventure_Ms_Aqua (10 stories) (71 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-12)
That is so cool! I wonder if it really was your birthday. Wow! Well, what happened after that? I need to know the other part because I also don't like cliffhangers. You should submit the story! 😁
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-12)
Dear Maricris,

Thanks, another ghost story on a ghost story site. 😉 Your ghost sounds like a nice lady ghost and thoughtful too. At least she remembered your birthday, many living human beings often forget birthdays. Then sometimes some human beings don't want to be reminded of their birthdays and their advancing age. I just can't imagine the family having worse experiences than you and your family. I mean she sounds like such a nice ghost and all. Maybe she realized she just had her millionth birthday and is still stuck in that house or that there is yet another story! 😉 --Abby
melissagrove2000 (4 stories) (43 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-11)
I forgot to ask you, how old was this house you lived in and do you or your parents know the history behind it? Did anybody pass away there? Sounds like a "motherly" type ghost, searching for or watching over her child since she seemed to "hover" around you the most!
melissagrove2000 (4 stories) (43 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-11)
You definately should tell the story of what the other family experienced. I hate cliffhangers also! So was it your birthday? But either way girl, better you than me! Pretty good story. But definately glad you are safe also. Take care!
Lexiluca (8 stories) (78 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-11)
You should tell the story of what the family experienced. I hate cliff hangers. 😕 Anyhow, that's terrifying - I wonder why she told you Happy Birthday - was it your birthday? Hm... Strange. I'm glad you moved away, though, and your family is safe.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: