You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Child's Playground

Real Ghost Stories

Child's Playground

 

It was about 2 years ago and it was about a year after I had given birth to my oldest daughter Regean. We were given a baby monitor for a late baby shower gift. It was only a couple of weeks after we started experiencing weird noises over the monitor around 2:15am. I kept hearing a little boy's voice (remind you Regean is a girl) and a older males voice. I could not make out what they were saying, but it didn't sound unpleasant.

One night I started getting this very odd, strong, feeling of a presence. All of a sudden I heard my daughter's crib shaking over the monitor. I ran in her room wondering if I would see anything, but nothing, no one or thing was around. Thinking it was a dream, I went back to bed and started going back to sleep when it happened again. I shot out of my bed this time with my husband and ran to her room and once again nothing was there. My daughter was in the same position she was in the first time I came in.

The next morning my husband and I started experimenting with the monitor and the crib, with one of us at one end of the monitor and the other playing around with the crib. We soon found out that something was shaking her rail of her crib. This went on for weeks until my daughter started waking up screaming and didn't want to sleep in her room anymore. I suddenly felt enough was enough. That very night her crib started shaking again and I in a rage ran to her room. I hit my kneels and commanded in the name of Jesus Christ all spirit bound, and evil beings to be force out of my daughter's room and my home, for all spirits and all evil is band from this home of the holy father, I pray before God, bind your holyness around this home, I command the in the name of Jesus Christ you will not bother my child no more, you will get out out!

It was a matter of seconds I felt a sense of peace in my daughters room and the smell of roses. After that night nothing has bothered my daughter since. Could it had been a demon or just wandering spirits, I guess it could be questionable.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, godssoilders88, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

puppyqueen67 (9 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-09)
that's creepy, I would have moved the child into my room if the shaking happened more than once
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-09)
Wow, this is a really good story here, godssoldiers88. The smell of Roses after you prayed. Citing Jesus' name and God's name can help Spiritual matters alot. I make sure I do it in my home. The only problem is, the home really has to be your home (as in, you have to be living in the home) for prayers to work. Prayers can't really work (in my experience) if you are at someone else's house (e.g. Staying the night at your mother-in-law's house).
So far, Spirits are leaving me alone (ever since I found out I was pregnant), which means happy household for me, and a happy, healthy bubs.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
Eazy-E (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-08)
Wow as being an IT guy, technology tends to mess up at the least of favorable times and have to agree with what Missy said. But it could be wrong and you may have had demons and it's a good thing you put a halt to it.
moravian (1 stories) (171 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-03-08)
Good move. Jesus Christ has authority over ALL spirits. He did when he walked the earth in the flesh - and He always will have unquestionable authority.
reneespring (148 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-08)
This reminds me of a movie I recently saw called, "The Baby's Room", a Spanish movie w/subtitles. The father has a baby monitor near the bed by which he not only can hear the baby but see the baby in the darkness I think via ultra violet light. What he sees in the monitor in the middle of the night sure sends him into panic mode. It was one of the creepiest movies I have seen in a long time. Sorry to recommend a movie on this thread, but I couldn't help it.
enigmaticsoul (17 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-07)
Yeah technology could be at work here but it doesn't explain the smell of roses that were present after the praying:) I'm thinking something was in the room with your daughter. I'm glad it's gone and that you are all happy and safe.
HappySpirit (187 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-03-07)
Excellent explanation, Missy. Paranormal experiences with electronic equipment more often than not have a simple mechanical explanation. And babies and young children pick up on parent's fear and projections very easily. However, if prayers brought peace into the situation then it was handled correctly, regardless of the origins.
adsouza (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-07)
Thank you for sharing your experience Godssoldier.

I must say Missy's comment has some truth to it, and you may want to look at that angle. Being a sort of a nerd, I know technology tends to misbehave when you least expect it to. Thanks for shedding light on this one Missy.
MissyM (2 stories) (152 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-07)
Did you ever actually see the railing shake or just hear it on the monitor? And do you live in a neighbor hood or far away from your neighbors?
Baby monitors pick up everything. I got freaked out once when my monitor had the sound of a baby saying "Mama" and could hear a man speaking. My son at the time was only a month old and I was shocked that he said "mama" lol turns out it was the little girl down the street and her Dad. Our monitors were cris-crossing. (i.e. I could hear them and they most likely could hear us)
Maybe you were picking up something from another house too.
You being freaked out by the monitor and noise you couldn't explain could have easily scared your daughter. She didn't seem to be afraid until your fear exculpated. If you're afraid something maybe happening in her room she could have sensed that and felt uneasy in her room as well. Casting your fear out might have made you feel better and calm the situation...?

The above could have been an explanation of what occurred in your home. Or you may have had something else? Don't know but I'm glad everything seems to be okay now 😁
herohead (2 stories) (61 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-07)
So spirits learn this... Dont mess with mom:-)
Cool story.

Hero

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: