You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Poltergeists / Physical Manifestations :: Strange Encounter

Real Ghost Stories

Strange Encounter

 

I was alone, and it just turned dark, about 7:30pm, my mom was at my aunt's house, and my dad was working on a car at my grandmother's house. I was making some soup and some bbq meat to eat. At about 9 o'clock, my power went out. I ran out of my house and went to the breaker box to trip the power back on. When I came back, in noticed my door to my room was open as if someone walked through and forgot to close it. About ten minutes later, the power went out again, there I go running outside again. Again I tripped the power back on and went back inside. As I was sitting there eating my food, I felt this strong feeling of being watched. I went around the house turning on the lights and TV's. With the AC on my door would move very slowly with the air, and for some reason I could not keep my eyes off of my room.

When I was done eating, I decided to go in my room to see what was so interesting. As I was walking to the door the power went out again, and I ran out like a bat out of hell. This time for some reason it took longer to get the power back on. When I finally got it back on, I went straight for my room, the door was shut, fully closed and as I opened it there was a huge cold chill that came over me. I stayed in the doorway looking in with the light from the kitchen causing my shadow to appear on the wall in front of me. I said "If anything is in here, you need to get out RIGHT NOW" Just as I looked down, the box of my black light moved across the room in front of me. About 5 feet from my dresser to my bed.

I could not believe my eyes, was this really happing? Tears came to my eyes and I closed the door and went to the phone. I called my mom at my aunt's house and told her that she needed to come home as soon as she could. She told me she was leaving and would be there in about 5 minutes. I sat on the couch and waited, a few minutes later I could hear the footsteps on the porch and was relieved. I went to open the door, nobody was there. I called again to see if my mom had left yet and she was the one that answered the phone. I told her, crying "please come home now".

When she got there, I was so scared, I told her everything that happened and she said that has happened to me before. But she never told us because she didn't want to scare us. Thanks a lot mom.

I never figured out what was there that night, but it only happened there a few more times, then it was something else but that's another story!

Other hauntings by theTRU1

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, theTRU1, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

theTRU1 (5 stories) (9 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-12)
Thanks for the comments. To be honest I never found out what was there. There have been times that you could hear whispering even see white shadows moving quickly across the room. Trust me I was scared senseless. Cant wait to tell you more stories. But pay attention all the encounters happen in the same room for some reason. But that's another story!
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-12)
Dear theTRU1,

Could possibly be you have a ghost or poltergeist living at your residence, but one who only comes out to play once in awhile. Next time, may I suggest to get flashlights and battery operated lamps so that you are not left in the dark so many times. Hopefully, the ghost or poltergeist won't draw down all the batteries. Candles might help, but be careful as not to burn down your home. I am a bit surprised you stayed in your home that long and kept turning the power back on. Sounds like something I would do, as well as tell the uninvited guest to behave, shape up or ship out! 😉 Yes, there always seems to be a something else...--Abby
Lexiluca (8 stories) (78 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-11)
HOLY CRAP. Yeah I experienced something similar, demanding that my mother come home. The fact that you actually saw something move that fast and such a great distance is astonishing. I would have burst into tears and fled down the street or something.
looney85 (3 stories) (188 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-11)
😨 OH MAN! I would of run out of the house in a second! You're brave for staying inside waiting for your mom!
Have you figure out what's in your house yet?
either way I hope your safe!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: